Audeze LCD-3 Impressions and Reviews
Oct 14, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #226 of 235
It's probably going to be around $2800 here in Singapore. Hopefully Stereo will have the 10% introductory discount they had for the LCD 2s.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #227 of 235
Well, on the bright side it gives you guys an interesting dilemma ... 

Pay the ridiculous Aussie retail price at home ... or ... get same headphones plus free trip to the US for about the same money. 

But then again, I guess traveling is only perhaps worth it on $2k+ items and above. 

Quote:
Yep - Welcome to Australia - land of the small headphone market and massive import tax.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #228 of 235
Damn you Audez'e.... after reading 16 pages of all this crying and moaning, I'm gonna buy it. I'm 18 and bust my ass off for 120+ hours every two weeks just so I can acheve audio perfection and the LCDs have always sounded like my cup of tea
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #230 of 235

Quote:
Damn you Audez'e.... after reading 16 pages of all this crying and moaning, I'm gonna buy it. I'm 18 and bust my ass off for 120+ hours every two weeks just so I can acheve audio perfection and the LCDs have always sounded like my cup of tea
biggrin.gif

Haha, don't you want to hear them first? You can more or less get a pair of LCD 2.2s plus a pair of T1s/He 500s/HD 800s for the same money.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #231 of 235
I know we are supposed to vote against this with our wallets :wink: -- but I will probably end up getting them as well. 

I have a high-end portable system, but have been wanting to make the leap into full size cans and a great amp for a while now. 

In a perfect world, that would be the BHSE (latest) + Stax SR-009 + Zodiac Gold or Killer SACD or Vinyl player ... but then we're probably talking $16k+, not to mention cost of quality interconnects, possible SACD's or Vinyl, etc. 

With this new LCD-3, I can get it + the RWA Audez'e DAC/Amp + Recabling/Interconnect for under $7k. And I've got a lot of high res digital music already. 

While I make fairly good money, the difference between $6-7k and $15-20k is still huge for me (not to mention justifying it), and I have the feeling that the new Audez'e will at the very least come close to the Stax setup on a level of immersion/enjoyment (subjectively, for me) ... especially given my current source material. And that enjoyment is what matters most. 

So getting the LCD-3's appears to be in the cards ..... wonder if there's an OC or LA reseller where I can hear them first? 

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #232 of 235
Seems like the perfect Christmas gift, let me forward it to my wife and maybe I can trade 50 years of socks and ties for a pair of these.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #233 of 235
I went through 16 pages just to see some impressions and reviews......I am dying to know how this "perfect" headphones sound. I think it's fair to call this one "the perfect headphone" right? Since LCD 2 is already the king! I still remember when we comparing the rev.1 & 2, people said: LCD 3 shouldn't be out for like another 1 year......

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #234 of 235

Quote:
I went through 16 pages just to see some impressions and reviews......I am dying to know how this "perfect" headphones sound. I think it's fair to call this one "the perfect headphone" right? Since LCD 2 is already the king! I still remember when we comparing the rev.1 & 2, people said: LCD 3 shouldn't be out for like another 1 year......

Haha, I think that the Stax 009, Sony Qualias and R10s and Senn Orpheus are still standing in the way. If the LCD-3s can surprass these, it would be very fair to call it the king and a bargain for that matter at $1945. Audez'e themselves seem to be pretty confident, claiming unsuprassed bass, exceptional treble and the best mids for any headphone.

Oct 14, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #235 of 235
We only need one thread for these for now I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back