Audeze LCD-3 Impressions and Reviews
Oct 14, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #181 of 235
I think the LCD-2 Rev 1 already beats the SR009 in terms of meat (but not depth) and, eh, creaminess. But I doubt if any phones can come close to the details and smoothness of SR009, given the inherenet difference in the thickness of the driver membrane.  Let's see when I get the LCD3.

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #183 of 235

Quote:
$2,000 for Audeze's new headphone is like a no brainer considering what I have spent on the Esoteric CD player and Stax SR-009 this year... I do have high hopes though. I was tempted at one point to almost get the Rev 2 and now I feel lucky I didn't. Still enjoying every bit of my LCD-2 Rev 1 though (except the neck pain it causes). 

I don't know it this is a good idea.  If I recall, you've had the LCD2s for a while now, and if you have not adapted then something is wrong, persistent pain is a bad sign.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #185 of 235
I changed the whole yoke system with headband recently and that caused a bit more clamp than my previous yoke, thus the neck pain. I think it would go away eventually but I have to say the new yoke/headband thingy is causing more pain than the original stuff which came with the Rev 1. The only reason I have to switch to this current one is that the screw on the top of one of the pins has broken.

Quote:
I don't know it this is a good idea.  If I recall, you've had the LCD2s for a while now, and if you have not adapted then something is wrong, persistent pain is a bad sign.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #186 of 235
Dudes I have to look into the main forum more, I just look into the unread posts in my subscribed threads, and I totally missed the news that LCD-3 is coming out.  I am so excited now!!! If the LCD-3 is truly coming out on 11-11-11, they should start accepting orders now, no?

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #187 of 235

Thanks dude, I am going to send them an email and ask for pre-order info.

Quote:

all i know is whats posted on their website blog, which is pretty much what i pasted there.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #189 of 235
$1945 is more than I am willing to spend. Not just on the LCD3. On any headphone.

Does the advent of the LCD3 worry me? No. All power to Audez'e. I hope they've done their homework, and succeed in whatever market and sales-volume it's pitched at.

What matters to me is the LCD2 is among the best headphones out there, and the best I ever heard. It made me take headphones seriously. This will be just as true tomorrow, even if the LCD3 is better.

And I'll be just as happy.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #190 of 235
Quote:
Dudes I have to look into the main forum more, I just look into the unread posts in my subscribed threads, and I totally missed the news that LCD-3 is coming out.  I am so excited now!!! If the LCD-3 is truly coming out on 11-11-11, they should start accepting orders now, no?

Quote:
Thanks dude, I am going to send them an email and ask for pre-order info. 

Quote:
I changed the whole yoke system with headband recently and that caused a bit more clamp than my previous yoke, thus the neck pain. I think it would go away eventually but I have to say the new yoke/headband thingy is causing more pain than the original stuff which came with the Rev 1. The only reason I have to switch to this current one is that the screw on the top of one of the pins has broken. 

I guess if you have approximately $40,000 just in your signature it's alright... The rest of us local (to Audez'e) greenbacks care about the price of our headphones. And what consequences they have on the market. One of Honk Kong's rich and wealthy. Well, there's that explained. =/

No reason to exclude you, but that does explain why you're willing to pay for everything and anything. (There's absolutely no problem with that, but that's no resin d'etre to go around saying lcd-3 is fairly priced either.)

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #191 of 235

Quote:
This thread might turn out to be very interesting.
I wonder if the differences will be so large. They do seem to have a fresh look, if it means anyhting.

Yes, it's a $1000 difference to your wallet.

I'd be surprised if the sound difference is that much.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #193 of 235

Quote:
Yes, it's a $1000 difference to your wallet.

I'd be surprised if the sound difference is that much.

I'd be surprised if it was worth $250 more.

"But lets charge 2k anywayz =D." Sorry.. leaving this thread. Hopefully real impressions and not 'Z0mG gaiz, these R incredible' impressions show up and Audez'e is somehow justified. I'd like that.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #194 of 235
Seriously at $2000, they'd better be flawless if they want to sell, Audez'e's track record at getting small details right hasn't been quite good. Beyond subjective sound quality, I'd expect

- excellent workmanship, the veneer of the wood, tighter tolerances and margins between each piece, polished inner sides for the wooden housing...
- consistency of the enclosures.
- driver matching and consistency. There better be very little variations between drivers.
- Little measurable flaws: linear FR, controlled ringing, low distortion...

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #195 of 235

Quote:
Knowledge is power friend. Ignorance is bliss and destruction..
^^ True story.

Purrin;I can't wait to see the lcd-3 measure too. Both Tyll and yours! It better measure either -Really bad, or -Really well.

-Really bad (unlikely) means Audez'e is...
-Really good means Audez'e can perhaps best Stax Sr-009 (somehow) and we can leave the cursed rising prices of headphones around 1k-2k.
-Decent: Proves that....

I'm kind of with you on this. This one just feels wrong. The only people who should be allowed to create niche overpriced audio products are the Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back