Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
May 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #12,016 of 18,459
Thanks!

May 23, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #12,017 of 18,459
I'll take Leesure's lovely rendition of the wood, and rhythmdevils angle (point of view is slightly higher) and his rendition of all the other surfaces.  Whitney, are you using HDR, or is that straight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils 

Maybe this will help with the questions about the LCD-2's aesthetics that was being discussed a few pages ago...
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
looks familiar!

May 24, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #12,018 of 18,459
Arghh! Plugged in my LCD's switched on the Amp and nothing from the right Channel! Just emailed the folks at LCD and so the wait begins till either they are fixed or replaced. Ah well, at least I know they are a company that stands by their product very well. I wonder if i should mail the cable as well, i guess it is best to send them back in the plastic case as that would be the best way to protect them!

I guess my Etymotics will have to do until they come back!

May 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #12,019 of 18,459
Arghh! Plugged in my LCD's switched on the Amp and nothing from the right Channel! Just emailed the folks at LCD and so the wait begins till either they are fixed or replaced. Ah well, at least I know they are a company that stands by their product very well. I wonder if i should mail the cable as well, i guess it is best to send them back in the plastic case as that would be the best way to protect them!

So this batch of driver issues continues. That sucks. I imagine you twisted the plug and tried it in more than one jack?

May 24, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #12,020 of 18,459
good luck ian! audeze told me to send everything, by the way...cable and complete headphone, but no case. i have the wooden box though, so that might be different.
all in all it took 3 weeks to get them back (hopefully fedex will deliver tomorrow), but approx 2 weeks in that is just shipping :)

now i'm thinking about getting the T1 on top of the LCD2s...wouldn't wanna go 3-4weeks again without a good fullsized headphone again :wink:

May 24, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #12,021 of 18,459

So this batch of driver issues continues. That sucks. I imagine you twisted the plug and tried it in more than one jack?

Yeah, tried another amp and source and also swtiched the left and right channel sides over to see if it was the cable but sadly not! Still no joy just dead. I know everyone says this but I do baby them, heck they even lay on a terry cloth on my table so as to protect the wood! Still, just one of those things, at least I know I won't get a runaround and it will be sorted quickly.

May 24, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #12,022 of 18,459
good luck ian! audeze told me to send everything, by the way...cable and complete headphone, but no case. i have the wooden box though, so that might be different.
all in all it took 3 weeks to get them back (hopefully fedex will deliver tomorrow), but approx 2 weeks in that is just shipping :)

now i'm thinking about getting the T1 on top of the LCD2s...wouldn't wanna go 3-4weeks again without a good fullsized headphone again :wink:

Thanks Christopher, at least i am not left with no headphone and i love the sound my Etymotics produce.. but they are not LCD's! Thank you for the info re packing, I will see what they say in regards to the plastic case as I would think that would be the safest form of mailing them back!

May 24, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #12,023 of 18,459

Yeah, tried another amp and source and also swtiched the left and right channel sides over to see if it was the cable but sadly not! Still no joy just dead. I know everyone says this but I do baby them, heck they even lay on a terry cloth on my table so as to protect the wood! Still, just one of those things, at least I know I won't get a runaround and it will be sorted quickly.

Yeah at least Audeze is easy to work with when returns happen. But there's either a lack of QC or the driver gets fudged in shipping? I imagine it's the former but I'm not an engineer.

May 24, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #12,024 of 18,459

Quote:

How long have you had the LCD's and about how much usage time was on your pair?

May 24, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #12,026 of 18,459

Quote:
This definitely looks like a batch issue to me. I have the late 2010 version and I know several others as well in town and we have no such problem. This issue rarely (or never) popped up in this thread either last year.

Has anyone who has actually had the problem bothered to ask Audeze exactly what happened to cause one channel to go out? 

May 24, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #12,027 of 18,459

Quote:

I know everyone says this but I do baby them, heck they even lay on a terry cloth on my table so as to protect the wood!

Question is, how much should you have to baby them? I wouldn't want a pair of phones I had to treat like a cup of nitro-glycerine; they should be reasonably hardy. 

Probably time too that Audeze started providing explanations along with replacement drivers before owners start panicking. My pair date from Xmas 2010---just keeping my fingers crossed.

May 24, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #12,028 of 18,459
I don't baby mine beyond normal basic care.  I just hang them up when I'm done.  I carry them from location to location and on trips. 

No issues in 6 months.

May 24, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #12,029 of 18,459
How long have you had the LCD's and about how much usage time was on your pair?

Got mine on the 15th of April so just over a month. Also, there was so sign of this happening. I listened last night and everything was fine, picked them up today and channel dead. As I said I am really careful with all of my things (My nickname friends have given me is Monk after Adrian Monk!!)!

May 24, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #12,030 of 18,459
Eek, now I'm a little concerned.  I guess it doesn't matter how much you baby them (which I definitely do)...  Got mine on the 18th of this month, and will keep you guys updated if something goes wrong with my pair.

Sorry to hear about the problem you're having, ianmedium.  If reading about others' past experiences is anything to go by, I'm confident everything will get sorted out quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back