Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Nov 11, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #61 of 18,459
The headband has been redesigned..that is all the information i have..it is different from what they had at RMAF.

Pics will be forthcoming we are told..we await with bated breath.

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #62 of 18,459
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The headband has been redesigned..that is all the information i have..it is different from what they had at RMAF.

It's nice to know that they're listening to potential customers and (hopefully) improving on their design.

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #63 of 18,459
Quote:

praise the heavens. because other than that headband these look amazing.

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #65 of 18,459
Quote:

Originally Posted by dBel84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am probably in the minority of those who thinks it looks just dandy ..dB

Ay ay!
beerchug.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #66 of 18,459
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nice to know that they're listening to potential customers and (hopefully) improving on their design.

eek.gif
eek.gif

frown.gif
triportsad.gif
frown.gif
triportsad.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #67 of 18,459
Quote:

Originally Posted by electropop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

frown.gif
triportsad.gif
frown.gif
triportsad.gif

Hahaa, maybe you could ask them for an old headband when ordering? (unless the new headband is equally martian-esque)

Nov 11, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #69 of 18,459
The graph at 0ms is similar to a frequency response graph - frequency along the horizontal axis, volume along the vertical. So it looks like the frequency response of the two is broadly similar, except that the LCD-2 is flatter between 10-20 kHz.

The z-axis suggests that the LCD-2 decay is much faster than the LCD-1.

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #70 of 18,459
These graphs are simply stunning. They put a lot of work into the LCD2 so it's good to hear that they are doing good things with it.

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #71 of 18,459
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahaa, maybe you could ask them for an old headband when ordering? (unless the new headband is equally martian-esque)

Hahaha, I just might
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #72 of 18,459
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The graph at 0ms is similar to a frequency response graph - frequency along the horizontal axis, volume along the vertical. So it looks like the frequency response of the two is broadly similar, except that the LCD-2 is flatter between 10-20 kHz.

The z-axis suggests that the LCD-2 decay is much faster than the LCD-1.

I made this mistake too.
Traditionally what you say about the plot at the first time slice is right. However, the spectral plot for atleast the LCD-2 was with the driver mounted on an IEC(?) baffle and the measurements taken 1m away from the driver.

Audez'e says they will have full spectrum frequency response plots posted on their website soon similar to the low frequency response plot they had posted using the binaural head..

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #73 of 18,459
Quote:

I made this mistake too.
Traditionally what you say about the plot at the first time slice is right. However, the spectral plot for atleast the LCD-2 was with the driver mounted on an IEC(?) baffle and the measurements taken 1m away from the driver.

Audez'e says they will have full spectrum frequency response plots posted on their website soon similar to the low frequency response plot they had posted using the binaural head..

Gotcha, so you're saying that due to the setup that they used for the spectral plot, the 0ms measurements may not be exactly what the frequency response plot will look like?

Nov 11, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #74 of 18,459
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotcha, so you're saying that due to the setup that they used for the spectral plot, the 0ms measurements may not be exactly what the frequency response plot will look like?

Correct..The spectral plot gives you an idea of the driver characteristics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back