Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Oct 6, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #4,321 of 13,140
Came across this picture and thought "my vegan headband doesn't look nearly as soft/padded."  Anyone else think this headband looks a whole lot different than theirs?  I got those seatbelt pads and comfort is no longer an issue for me but still:

The padding on my headband came maybe 2/3 as thick as that.

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #4,322 of 13,140
That looks just like my pair
beerchug.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #4,323 of 13,140
Mine were never like that, not with any hours of use, not from any angle:

Sorry for terrible pics.  I wonder what's up with that?  Padding must have been getting expensive.  
biggrin.gif
  The pic of the ultra thick headband was from a 2.2 fazor review done in late January so it's not like they were a different revision from mine either.

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #4,324 of 13,140
@linglingjr Wait, that was a pic of my LCD-2's. Top kek.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #4,326 of 13,140
Ya, I had to go back through a chat me and he had to find the link to the review, lol. The shadows might make it look different from your pair, but they look the same if I compare the two now. It could use +50% plush, IMHO.

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #4,327 of 13,140
I really want to get a pair of vegan pads to try out, but eh. Don't really want to spend $80.

I tried the lcd3 out with them at a store but it was only for a few min, I'd like to actually try it in my house against my leather pads to decide what I like more.

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #4,330 of 13,140

So, did you get the pads for baby seatbelt?

There was an ABX thread on the LCD pads on the site. I think velour enhanced sound-stage/treble ( good for 2.1s) LCD3 pads can squish up to much in front of the ear causing pressure from the cups in some cases.
My black velour are on their way...quite slow, nearly 2 weeks now from USA !

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #4,331 of 13,140
Yup, they came in a while ago. Comfort hasn't been an issue since, they're a bit smaller than I imagined but they work perfectly.

+1, me too. However, they look a little dorky. But I don't care too much cause I just wear them at home in my 'man room' :wink:

The email I sent to Audeze regarding the headband comfort is below:
It seems the headband is not level front to back, in other words, it does not sit level on top of my head and the rear sharp edge of the headband is the only part making contact with the top of my head and is giving me headaches. I find by manipulating the ear pads to simulate flat pads instead of angled pads the headband then levels out and is in full contact, (front to back), with the top of my head. I'm guessing that the headband was designed before the angled pads were added, but never changed. I realize the angled ear pads are a benefit to imaging and soundstage and are there to stay, however do you have any recommendations to straighten out the headband to rest level on top of the head, or some type of cushion for it?

And their reply was:
Quote:
Bad news first: The headband is fixed that way and we have no other headband options at this time.
Good news: It's not a yoke problem which can be a pain in the butt. It's really just the headband. There are two possible solutions for this.
1. Rotate the unit forward so that the headband sits slightly more forward on your head.
2. Purchase the extended yoke rods to ease some of the tension. Don't shoot the messenger, but those yoke rods are meant for larger craniums and may solve the problem of the tilting band.
Otherwise, you are more than welcome to send them in but it may be a waste of time as it looks like the unit is a 10/10.

1. Prior to emailing them I had already tried rotating it forward with a little relief, but was still prone to much discomfort.
2. When adjusted to my cranium, the yoke rods have equal room for adjustment, top and bottom. Therefore the extended yoke rods would not be of any benefit to me.

But since installing the baby seatbelt pads I have not had any issues:)

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #4,332 of 13,140
  Can you please write a brief summary of the hd650 vs the lcd-2? Any difference in mid and treble? Does the lcd-2 have any sibilance, does it become hot in some recordings?

Would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/564127/this-weekend-i-compared-lcd2-and-hd650
http://www.head-fi.org/t/616043/hd650-vs-lcd-2-what-would-i-notice
http://www.head-fi.org/t/611037/hd650-to-lcd-2-was-it-worth-it

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #4,333 of 13,140
There was an ABX thread on the LCD pads on the site. I think velour enhanced sound-stage/treble ( good for 2.1s) LCD3 pads can squish up to much in front of the ear causing pressure from the cups in some cases.
My black velour are on their way...quite slow, nearly 2 weeks now from USA !

Let me know how you like them as I am looking into getting vegan pads as well!

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #4,335 of 13,140
Do the audeze2 sound like the he 400 with out the extreme treble?

IMO no, the LCD-2's sound smoother across all frequencies and are a much warmer can than the 400's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back