Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Dec 19, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #5,941 of 7,353
My Cipher v2 yesterday started disconnecting when I accidentally put strain on the cable by folding it near the lightning connector...I advise anyone to put one of those strain protectors on that end of the cable on day one they get a Cipher...I hope I still can fix it by putting it now..

Ok I installed this

https://www.lindy.co.uk/cables-adapters-c1/lightning-cable-protector-kit-white-p9595

and now it’s all good again.
I urge everyone to protect their lightning end of their Cipher with this ASAP.
It’s also makes unplugging it feels nicer and sturdier.

Dec 20, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #5,942 of 7,353
I received as a gift iSINE10 today.
I have listened Grados and other good brands headphones but Audeze iSINE 10 is totally insane direct from my IPhone 6S.
Oh boy! my music sound as is the first time I’m listening it: Very open, astonishing transparency and detail.
The soundstage is amazing.

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #5,943 of 7,353
I've been thinking about buying the Cipher and using an old iPhone 5 for music. Is it really THAT much better than the 3.5mm plug in your opinion. With help from KMann, I've got my S8+ sounding pretty good using USB Audio Pro but all the discussion of the cipher being superior has me thinking I'm missing out. Really wish an android cipher was in the works but Audeze to their credit has consistently said it's not realistic at this point. Still, for those of you who have used both, is this a worthwhile thing to try? I find it hard to believe cipher over iPhone could be better than using Tidal HiFi, Dragonfly Red and USB Audio Pro.

Hey there, I'm a fellow S8 user too. Could I ask about your EQ Settings on the S8? I'll like to have everything ready when my iSine 20s arrives in my hands. :L3000::L3000:

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #5,944 of 7,353
I am using my iSine 20 with my ES100. The main issue is the cable length, which is annoying.
Anyone know of a smaller balanced cable, something like 10-20cm long and not more than that? If not, is this something that one can DIY easily?

Thanks!
How is this combo? How are you equing them? I just got an es100 myself. Amazing device.

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #5,945 of 7,353
Hey there, I'm a fellow S8 user too. Could I ask about your EQ Settings on the S8? I'll like to have everything ready when my iSine 20s arrives in my hands. :L3000::L3000:

Kmann posted his eq on here somewhere a while ago. They were spot on. Just have to search to find them. If you follow his lead on the usbaudio pro app and parametric eq you can get cipheresque sound. I’ll see if I can find them. I’m on an iPhone now.

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #5,946 of 7,353
Kmann posted his eq on here somewhere a while ago. They were spot on. Just have to search to find them. If you follow his lead on the usbaudio pro app and parametric eq you can get cipheresque sound. I’ll see if I can find them. I’m on an iPhone now.

Oh sure thing, I'll go look up the graphs that Kmann has posted. Thanks for the prompt reply!

Dec 21, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #5,947 of 7,353
How is this combo? How are you equing them? I just got an es100 myself. Amazing device.

I never used the balanced output due to lack of cable. I thought the cipher cable was better but there are equalizers out there to get much better sound on ES100. But then again I am new here. I also have a Fiio Q5. Es100 is more versatile but the Fiio definitely sounds better at least compared to stock ES100 output.

Dec 21, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #5,948 of 7,353

Hi mate, I too was concerned about EQ before I got the Isine20 because I was reading so many conflicting things on the internet that I ended up over thinking it on what EQ setting to have e.t.c.

The S8 has a very good EQ option built in to it. Samsung have done very well there. The thing about EQ is that it's so subjective, plus you also have to consider the genre of music you want to listen to. For examples, someone else's settings may be tailored to, say classical music, but you listen to hiphop so those settings won't work for your genre and vice versa. My advice to you would be to listen with a flat EQ on the S8 and then tailor it to what sounds good to you. Relax, enjoy your new Isine's and you'll get there as you familiarise yourself with them more.

I currently use the Astell & Kern SP1000M DAP, and honestly, I find the best sound on them is when the EQ is off. Everything is just beautiful sounding as it is how Astell & Kern intended it to sound. I played around with so many different EQ settings posted both in this thread and other sites on the internet, but nothing compares to how great they sound with no EQ.

But again, that's subjective to me.

Enjoy them, they are superb!

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #5,949 of 7,353
Hi mate, I too was concerned about EQ before I got the Isine20 because I was reading so many conflicting things on the internet that I ended up over thinking it on what EQ setting to have e.t.c.

The S8 has a very good EQ option built in to it. Samsung have done very well there. The thing about EQ is that it's so subjective, plus you also have to consider the genre of music you want to listen to. For examples, someone else's settings may be tailored to, say classical music, but you listen to hiphop so those settings won't work for your genre and vice versa. My advice to you would be to listen with a flat EQ on the S8 and then tailor it to what sounds good to you. Relax, enjoy your new Isine's and you'll get there as you familiarise yourself with them more.

I currently use the Astell & Kern SP1000M DAP, and honestly, I find the best sound on them is when the EQ is off. Everything is just beautiful sounding as it is how Astell & Kern intended it to sound. I played around with so many different EQ settings posted both in this thread and other sites on the internet, but nothing compares to how great they sound with no EQ.

But again, that's subjective to me.

Enjoy them, they are superb!

Thank you for your advice, Campo. I think you're right, I'll wait for them to arrive before deciding if there's any need for EQ.

Dec 22, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #5,950 of 7,353
Dec 29, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #5,952 of 7,353
I received as a gift iSINE10 today.
I have listened Grados and other good brands headphones but Audeze iSINE 10 is totally insane direct from my IPhone 6S.
Oh boy! my music sound as is the first time I’m listening it: Very open, astonishing transparency and detail.
The soundstage is amazing.
I, too, just purchased a (used) iSine 20 with Cypher cable, in like-new condition from head-fier @evolutiontheory . I, too, am a real Grado head (have had just about ALL of their models, in ALL of their versions, and have now over two dozen).

I just love the iSine 20. Its sound has the top clarity of Grados, the bass power that Grados omit, and the bass clarity that Grados have for the modest bass they present. The isine 20 has a great soundstage as well, and I find that the cypher cable, with its Lightening connector and in-line remote, gives great sound and convenience.

The only challenge I have is HOW do I use the plastic insert to store the earpieces in the travel case while the earhooks are still on? I can't, and it is a bit of an inconvenience to take the earhooks off each time and put them on. Yet the plastic insert keeps the powerful magnets of the earpieces from drawing the earpieces into intimate contact in the travel case, where they rub each other to the point of possibly removing paint or scratching the surface. Any ideas?

Oh, and here are the EQ settings by @KMann just mentioned, posted originally here. As noted, they are for a parametric EQ rather than a band EQ, so one must use them as a model for Cypher EQ settings. The original version is on the bottom... the two top ones are later modifications Kmann posted.

kmann audeze isine20 eq.png

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #5,954 of 7,353
Hi all!

I currently have LZ A4’s as my IEM’s which I really do enjoy and have no problems with. From comfort to sound plus with its filters I can adjust the sound profile to fit my liking.

However, I have been looking for an upgrade and as someone deep in the Apple ecosystem the iSine20 with the Cipher cable sounds like a great upgrade, especially since I can forego the Apple dongle. I already have the LCD-2C, Mobius, and an Audeze Deckard.

My main use of earphones would be my walk and train ride commute to and from work. And my main worry is ambient noise allowing too much ambient noise in that drowns out the music at normal volumes.

The LZ A4’s are also open in the back and I have no problems with them and ambient noise in my commute. I do have major problems with Apple Airpods when I am in public or if there is any outside noise.

Are the iSine closer to an open IEM like the A4’s versus earbuds like Apple’s? I don’t mind some ambient noise coming through as long as I get a good seal I assume it won’t be an issue for walking / train. But I couldn’t deal if it was similar to the Airpods.

Thank you!

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #5,955 of 7,353
Hi all!

I currently have LZ A4’s as my IEM’s which I really do enjoy and have no problems with. From comfort to sound plus with its filters I can adjust the sound profile to fit my liking.

However, I have been looking for an upgrade and as someone deep in the Apple ecosystem the iSine20 with the Cipher cable sounds like a great upgrade, especially since I can forego the Apple dongle. I already have the LCD-2C, Mobius, and an Audeze Deckard.

My main use of earphones would be my walk and train ride commute to and from work. And my main worry is ambient noise allowing too much ambient noise in that drowns out the music at normal volumes.

The LZ A4’s are also open in the back and I have no problems with them and ambient noise in my commute. I do have major problems with Apple Airpods when I am in public or if there is any outside noise.

Are the iSine closer to an open IEM like the A4’s versus earbuds like Apple’s? I don’t mind some ambient noise coming through as long as I get a good seal I assume it won’t be an issue for walking / train. But I couldn’t deal if it was similar to the Airpods.

Thank you!
They literally don't block any noise; I can have a conversation with my partner whilst music is playing at below average volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back