Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jul 12, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #6,436 of 6,486
I use one of these, but not for my EL8, usually for custom built Nhoord headphone that looks like this:

The lighter colored wood on the right.
Hi! Many thanks my friend! That is very nice. I am looking for something fairly portable. Also I am needing a headphone stand for my EL8 as well any suggestions? I find they are getting lightly scratched on my desk and where I leave them by my Lazy Boy in the living room. I have a rough red brick hearth and it is rough on stuff I have found lately. It has also broken a non integral part of my laptop from setting it down on it directly. My fault. Not the smartest move I admit and know better now.

Thank you

Riley

Jul 12, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #6,437 of 6,486
Hi! Many thanks my friend! That is very nice. I am looking for something fairly portable. Also I am needing a headphone stand for my EL8 as well any suggestions? I find they are getting lightly scratched on my desk and where I leave them by my Lazy Boy in the living room. I have a rough red brick hearth and it is rough on stuff I have found lately. It has also broken a non integral part of my laptop from setting it down on it directly. My fault. Not the smartest move I admit and know better now.

Thank you

Riley
One of the better headphone stands I like is this one:
https://www.amazon.com/LUXA2-HO-HDP...d=1499861461&sr=8-29&keywords=headphone+stand
I've done a little mod to it to add more padding on the holder to look like this:
20150325_122708.jpg

Jul 12, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #6,438 of 6,486
Hi! Thank you. That is exactly what I'm looking for. I like that it isn't expensive. It also looks very nice and made well. Have you had any issues with this stand tipping over when your headphones are on it? Just something I think about now. I have had a few annoying desk lamps that did that and I ended up getting rid of them It made them too much of a pain.

Thank you kindly

Riley

Jul 12, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #6,439 of 6,486
Hi! Thank you. That is exactly what I'm looking for. I like that it isn't expensive. It also looks very nice and made well. Have you had any issues with this stand tipping over when your headphones are on it? Just something I think about now. I have had a few annoying desk lamps that did that and I ended up getting rid of them It made them too much of a pain.

Thank you kindly

Riley
Sorry for the late reply, been installing a new AC system all day and just got on the computer.
I've no problems with the stand, will even hold my LCD-2, but you should add the extra padding on top, gives the wires a little more room to bend. I used close cell foam and covered it with leather.

Jul 12, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #6,440 of 6,486
Sorry for the late reply, been installing a new AC system all day and just got on the computer.
I've no problems with the stand, will even hold my LCD-2, but you should add the extra padding on top, gives the wires a little more room to bend. I used close cell foam and covered it with leather.

No apology needed. Thank you very much for the information.

Cheers

Riley

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #6,441 of 6,486
My EL8 titanium is starting to cut out of the side I turn my head to. Also it makes the dreaded crinkle sound at times. Usually all of this is when I turn my head or put any pressure on the cable connectors or the earcups. Any advice? I talked with Audeze and they told me to send them to be evaluated. They emailed me a prepaid shipping label that did not work. It kind of seemed phony and then i tried to schedule UPS to pick it up and they said the tracking number was phony. Kind of stuck with them now I guess. Not real pleased. I guess I have learned not to spend much on anything as it never seems to work out when I do.

Thanks

Riley

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #6,443 of 6,486
Try calling and talk to someone to explain what happened, Audeze is quite good about fixing the issues you described.

Thank you. I did. Then I got them a to email me a shipping label, but it turned out to be fake when I couldn't get it to have UPS pick them up online. I then called UPS and they said confirmed it was a fake UPS label.

Kind of disappointed

Thank you

Riley

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #6,444 of 6,486
Did you contact Audeze again to let them know the label was a fake? That's some serious issues that I think you might want to talk to a manager there, if not go to the BBB since its a very serious legal problem for Audeze if they sent a fake label on purpose.

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #6,445 of 6,486
Thank you. I did. Then I got them a to email me a shipping label, but it turned out to be fake when I couldn't get it to have UPS pick them up online. I then called UPS and they said confirmed it was a fake UPS label.

Kind of disappointed

Thank you

Riley

Are you sure that the issue isn't just the type of UPS label sent. I've never gotten a return shipping label from Audeze label that included pickup. The labels I've received require dropping the package off. The return shipping labels I've gotten in the past have all been Fed-Ex, not UPS - is it possible that one of those two scenarios is why you're having trouble?

Whatever happened here, it seems unlikely Audeze intentionally sent you a bad return shipping label. It wouldn't be worth the bad press.

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #6,446 of 6,486
Did you contact Audeze again to let them know the label was a fake? That's some serious issues that I think you might want to talk to a manager there, if not go to the BBB since its a very serious legal problem for Audeze if they sent a fake label on purpose.

I did not contact them because I figured there was nothing they would do and it would just cause me a headache. The BBB does not enforce anything they are only a third party entity and are not part of the government. My dad had his own business for more than 20 years and he learned that it was basically not what people think it is to word it nicely.

I guess I will keep using them until they fail completely. They didn't really cost me a penny. I got an $1,100.00 Ipad as a gift and sent it back to Apple got at an e gift card back and immediately bought these with almost $220.00 still left on it. I am not out anything luckily and I got to try these for a few months or more if they hold up enough.

No biggie.

Thank you

Riley

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #6,447 of 6,486
Are you sure that the issue isn't just the type of UPS label sent. I've never gotten a return shipping label from Audeze label that included pickup. The labels I've received require dropping the package off. The return shipping labels I've gotten in the past have all been Fed-Ex, not UPS - is it possible that one of those two scenarios is why you're having trouble?

Whatever happened here, it seems unlikely Audeze intentionally sent you a bad return shipping label. It wouldn't be worth the bad press.

I'm sure about this. I spoke with UPS over the phone. They said a lot of legitimate companies do this to avoid returns and repairs on things. It is very common.

I'm not out anything so all is good. Let's change the subject folks. No need to derail this anymore.

Thanks

Riley

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #6,448 of 6,486
I'm sure about this. I spoke with UPS over the phone. They said a lot of legitimate companies do this to avoid returns and repairs on things. It is very common.

I'm not out anything so all is good. Let's change the subject folks. No need to derail this anymore.

Thanks

Riley

Riley,

You're making a serious accusation that hasn't, at least as far as I've read, happened to an Audeze customer in the past. You really should contact Audeze to find out what happened. Again, I've never had Audeze use UPS or include pickup.

Would you be willing to post a copy of the return label?

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #6,449 of 6,486
Riley,

You're making a serious accusation that hasn't, at least as far as I've read, happened to an Audeze customer in the past. You really should contact Audeze to find out what happened. Again, I've never had Audeze use UPS or include pickup.

Would you be willing to post a copy of the return label?

No i deleted from my email to be rid of the drama. let's get back to the topic please. I was specifically asking about the sound problems with my EL8 and what the problem could be and if it is terminal.

Thank you

Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back