Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Oct 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #46 of 820
Quote:
Meh, another Audeze headphone that looks like it was put together by a couple of nerds in their dads garage while half plowed on beer. I'll pass until Audeze finally figures out a can commanding 1000 plus bones should look like a 1000 plus bone headphone and not some teenagers DIY science project. Rather cool looking cake a few posts above though.

My sentiments exactly. It looks like most of the money went into expensive and luxurious materials and not build quality. I'm not that big into wooden headphones myself, since my wooden coffee tables, office tables, wooden floors and my wooden bed frames are of a higher craftsmanship than any "Woodie" headphone I've seen, including the Audeze LCD-3.

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #50 of 820
Note that visually, the only thing they changed from LCD2 bamboo edition is the outer shell (instead of grills it has a bamboo shell), even the screws on the cups/grills are at the same position.

Internally there might be some damping but I doubt there is much more than that at the moment; proof of concept is proof of concept.

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #52 of 820
Does anyone remember Duncan Yo-Yo's?  Looks like one pulled apart w/a headband............
dt880smile.png

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #54 of 820
Quote:
Looks nice but very heavy. This is already a hp that shoots itself in the foot by virtue of it's weight despite being a wonderful sounding hp. 

A small piece of wood weighs next to nothing.  It's the steel parts of the LCD2/3 and its driver magnets that jack the weight up.  This should weigh very very close to what any other Audez'e headphone weighs. It being more heavy is an optical illusion.

I also don't think that, if the sole change here is adding a wood back (and I could be wrong here) that the cost would be any more than a regular LCD2.  I don't think that a wood cup costs vastly more than the lasered metal grilles that it has now.  

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #56 of 820
Early adopter got me an LCD1 + an LCD-2 for the price of an LCD2+the cost of the headset they used for the LCD-1. Audeze took good care of their early adopters.

I like the idea of this new closed-back Audeze :)

Quote:

HiFiMan had some growing pains as well. Eventually everything got straightened out. I guess the lesson with planar-magnetic 'phones is "Don't be an early adopter".

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #60 of 820
Will be awaiting the final product. I wonder how much this puppy will cost...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back