Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Nov 24, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #811 of 820
  I hear Canada is a state now.  XC up north would be great.

I'm only 4 hours away...so I'd be happy to give them a listen when Solude's done. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #813 of 820
On Black Friday (this week, 11/29) I will open sign-ups to demo the Audeze LCD-X and Audeze LCD-XC with no charge or deposit required. Each demo will be limited to 12 participants, and you can only sign up for one of them. Due to the value of the headphones I will reserve the right to be selective about which members can participate, and they must be in the United States. Instructions will be posted at midnight (EST) on 11/29 in the first post of this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645941/headamp-headphone-demos-audeze-lcd-x-and-lcd-xc-sign-up-on-black-friday

justin do you have a store front or place where someone local can come by and listen as I am looking for top tier closed cans to listen to before I make my purchase.
Thanks Charlie

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #814 of 820
  On Black Friday (this week, 11/29) I will open sign-ups to demo the Audeze LCD-X and Audeze LCD-XC with no charge or deposit required. Each demo will be limited to 12 participants, and you can only sign up for one of them. Due to the value of the headphones I will reserve the right to be selective about which members can participate, and they must be in the United States. Instructions will be posted at midnight (EST) on 11/29 in the first post of this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645941/headamp-headphone-demos-audeze-lcd-x-and-lcd-xc-sign-up-on-black-friday

im not obligated to write anything about it right? I currently don't own any totl can at all, thus don't want to write anything about it though really interested in getting a listen on the lcdx...

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #815 of 820
My Friends, brave members of the Head-Fi community,

I just found that during december, we can download 1 free HD-tracks / day from LINN 

" 24-bits of Christmas from Linn " : Linn have announced a special gift to music lovers this Christmas. They will be giving away a different free Studio Master track every day in December until Christmas Day, available to download from Sunday 1 December at www.linn.co.uk/christmas

Dec 10, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #816 of 820
Yes, brighter than LCD-2/3 is great news. As long as they don't reach the HD800 brightness territory.
smily_headphones1.gif

to me the LCD-X doesn't get near that level of brightness (I love my HD800s - but they have always sounded far
brighter than my LCD-3's).

The X, for me, has the soundstaging absilities that I love about myHD800s, thanks to the Fazor technology,
and has the richness of my LCD-3, and especially the engaging characteristic

Dec 10, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #817 of 820
  to me the LCD-X doesn't get near that level of brightness (I love my HD800s - but they have always sounded far
brighter than my LCD-3's).

The X, for me, has the soundstaging absilities that I love about myHD800s, thanks to the Fazor technology,
and has the richness of my LCD-3, and especially the engaging characteristic

Very well put. And after a few days with the XCs, I've gotta say that the Fazor has continued to impress me. These have even more treble than the LCD-Xs, but are still far from the HD800's levels in brightness. But finally one can own a great and natural sounding closed headphone and not have to "settle" anymore.

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #818 of 820
That's essentially it. The XCs aren't the final word in neutrality, but they're very natural sounding, but with top-notch resolution and taut bass. I've not seen THD numbers on them but I'll bet they're quite impressive. To me, these are the new reference closed cans. If the STAX 4070s were still being made then I might have a different opinion, but they aren't, so the choice is clear (at least to me).

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #819 of 820
That's essentially it. The XCs aren't the final word in neutrality, but they're very natural sounding, but with top-notch resolution and taut bass. I've not seen THD numbers on them but I'll bet they're quite impressive. To me, these are the new reference closed cans. If the STAX 4070s were still being made then I might have a different opinion, but they aren't, so the choice is clear (at least to me).

To me as well.
The Alpha Dogs are fantastic at their price point - I love em, and they're in my messenger bag as I type this.
But the XC's - finally I feel like I have a reference-level closed cans in my office!!
  Very well put. And after a few days with the XCs, I've gotta say that the Fazor has continued to impress me. These have even more treble than the LCD-Xs, but are still far from the HD800's levels in brightness. But finally one can own a great and natural sounding closed headphone and not have to "settle" anymore.

Thank you sir!
and back at ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back