APureSound: The Ultimate Cable Manufacturer Introduces The V3 Headphone Cable
Nov 26, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #91 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great! I am happy to hear everything came in ok and the install went well. I hope you enjoy them. I look at your link in the profile and I like your headphone setup. Enjoy!

-Alex-

Well, thanks to your DIY kit, everything went smooth. After my new amp and cable had burned in, I've been in headphone heaven
smily_headphones1.gif

Small worklog:
D2000_1.jpg

D2000_2.jpg

D2000_3.jpg

ht11.jpg

Nov 28, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #92 of 846
[size=medium]APureSound now offers recable options for all wooden based Grado headphones in addition to the plastic and metal based Grado headphones that we currently service. All work is done in house so the wait time remains the same as any other APureSound headphone recable.[/size]

Click image to enter photo gallery.

If you have any further questions please send a PM or email to alex@apuresound.com

Thanks,
Alex

Nov 29, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #94 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awwww Maaaan...

I'm not even gonna get to enjoy the RS-2 when they arrive the end of this week, because I'll have to turn around and ship them out to you first...

biggrin.gif

With a fast turn around time you won't even realize they were ever gone. I will take good care of them.

And now for a really nice Sennheiser HD650 cable with Rhodium plated Furutech XLR connectors.

Thanks,
Alex

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #95 of 846
Well,

I wanted to buy the Denon D5000 but I am spending about $700 just on cables by the end of this month, so the Denon must wait. I have a 1 week old Senn HD600 V3 cable from chopstxxx coming, with 4' V3 extension from [AK]ZIP, and a Silk Silver LOD and a Silk Silver interconnect from barky, and a copper wrapped with silver mini to RCA by barky, and then will be doing the RS-2 re-cable very soon...

I am going to listen to the RS-2 when they arrive and commit the sound to memory (and compare to my MS1), and I'll listen to my HD600 with the V3 cable I have coming.

Then I can think about sending off the RS-2 to be re-cabled with V3...

(now, what else must I sell to support this habit?)
frown.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #97 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by ktm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex,
on Senn HD650's, are Senn left and right plugs new conectors,
or do use re-use the stock cable ends?

We use brand new HD650 connectors.

Thanks,
Alex

Dec 1, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #98 of 846
How sad. RS-2 arrived on the 29th, and I shipped them to [AK]ZIP on the 30th... At least I got to listen to them last night.

They better sound a lot better than my MS-1 when they get back.
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #99 of 846
Alex, lets say I want to have one of my cans re-cabled however at the moment all I have are single ended amps and sources. Can one or your single ended re-cables be re-terminated later by you into balance, w/o having to do a whole new re-cable? Thanks.

Dec 1, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #100 of 846
Alex may have a more detailed answer, but IIRC balancing can involve having balanced cabling throughout the headphone, and is not just a matter of the termination (please correct me if I am wrong). An option you may want to pursue instead is having the cans recabled as balanced and have Alex whip up an XLR--->1/4" adaptor cable for use with SE amps.

I recently used this when testing a set of L3000's which Alex recabled and it performed admirably. The build and sound quality were, of course, impecable
wink.gif
. It's also more flexible as you have the option of using it with both types of amps at will, and only need to add or remove the adaptor cable from the chain.

Dec 1, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #101 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How sad. RS-2 arrived on the 29th, and I shipped them to [AK]ZIP on the 30th... At least I got to listen to them last night.

They better sound a lot better than my MS-1 when they get back.
tongue.gif

No worries. I will get them back to you before you ever figure out that they were gone!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex, lets say I want to have one of my cans re-cabled however at the moment all I have are single ended amps and sources. Can one or your single ended re-cables be re-terminated later by you into balance, w/o having to do a whole new re-cable? Thanks.

This is not a problem at all since the V3 cable uses separate conductors for ground regardless of you ordering a single ended or balanced cable. The cotton insulation and outer sleeving will be trimmed back and then changed into balanced from single ended and you would never be able to tell that any work was done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex may have a more detailed answer, but IIRC balancing can involve having balanced cabling throughout the headphone, and is not just a matter of the termination (please correct me if I am wrong). An option you may want to pursue instead is having the cans recabled as balanced and have Alex whip up an XLR--->1/4" adaptor cable for use with SE amps.

I recently used this when testing a set of L3000's which Alex recabled and it performed admirably. The build and sound quality were, of course, impecable
wink.gif
. It's also more flexible as you have the option of using it with both types of amps at will, and only need to add or remove the adaptor cable from the chain.

I am going to agree here with xenithon.

If there is a plan on using the headphones balanced in the near future I would suggest just ordering a balanced recable and a short XLR to 1/4in adapter cable. This way the single ended 1/4in connection can be used until the move to balanced XLR is made. On the bright side you would have the flexibility of using single ended amp as well if there ever was a single ended amp at a meet that sparks some interest.

As a note the link above for the XLR to 1/4in adapter cable is to the V2 adapter since the L3000's xenithon was trying was V2 recabled.

You can find pictures of the V3 adapter below.

Black:

Clear:

Carbon:

Please any further questions feel free to ask them either here or PM/Email and I will gladly answer them as quickly as I can.

Thanks,
Alex
APureSound - Where The Music Is Always Pure

Dec 7, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #105 of 846
I am soooo glad I ordered the 4 foot extension.

This 4 foot V3 HD600 cable is driving me nuts, but hey I got a good deal used, so I shouldn't complain. The 6 foot cable on the RS-2 will be much nicer, and 10 feet total on the RS-2 + extension will let me also listen while sitting at my massage chair or bedroom desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back