APureSound: The Ultimate Cable Manufacturer Introduces The V3 Headphone Cable
Oct 20, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #62 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea of pricing on those?

Pricing has been set before the release of the V3 cable, but I haven't gotten around to updating the site with pricing info yet. If you are interested in one send me an email or PM and I will get back to you with a price quote.

Thanks,
Alex

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #63 of 846
Question about the design. Not trying to stir the nest too much. I know that especially in car environments a foil shield will actually pickup noise instead of repelling it. Any issues with this? Also if I get the Carbon/Cotton version does that get rid of the foil layer?

Thanks,

Nate

Oct 21, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #64 of 846
APureSound cables have NEVER used foil for shielding. All the V3 cables are cotton insulated. Carbon / Clear / Black are just outer sleeving colors and there is no difference between them other than appearance.

Thanks,
Alex

Oct 21, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #65 of 846
Two Qualia 010 cables. One in clear with Furutech XLR connectors and one in black with Neutrik XLR connectors.

Click image to enter photo gallery.

-Alex-

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #66 of 846
Hi,

I am considering getting the Ety4P recabled.
Is there an improvement in bass after recabling?

What other changes/improvements can be noticed after recabling work.

I am assuming - the cable will be connected directly to the driver/speaker instead of going through a connector - thereby making it more transparent...

Cheers
Thanks

Oct 23, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #67 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by saisunil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I am considering getting the Ety4P recabled.
Is there an improvement in bass after recabling?

What other changes/improvements can be noticed after recabling work.

I am assuming - the cable will be connected directly to the driver/speaker instead of going through a connector - thereby making it more transparent...

Cheers
Thanks

The cable for the ER4 is completely different then the V3 headphone cable. The wire gauge is smaller and was designed specially designed for the Etymotic ER4 headphones. You can see pictures here: http://apuresound.com/images/cables/her4.html

Please email me or PM me with cable info, pricing, and options.

Thanks,
Alex

Oct 24, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #68 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
APureSound cables have NEVER used foil for shielding. All the V3 cables are cotton insulated. Carbon / Clear / Black are just outer sleeving colors and there is difference between them other than appearance.

Thanks,
Alex

Do you mean there is no difference between them other than appearance?

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #69 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean there is no difference between them other than appearance?

Yes thank you for catching that.

*FIXED*

-Alex-

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #70 of 846
Alex you mention that your cables are not solid core, but are the strands individually coated in Teflon? Is there any strand to strand interaction? From what you are saying this method you are using sounds akin to some of the nordost coating techniques that they use. I know first hand that it is hard to strip the Teflon off of those cables because it is basically stuck to the conductor. Is your cable similar in this fashion?

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #71 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFi FOR METAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex you mention that your cables are not solid core, but are the strands individually coated in Teflon? Is there any strand to strand interaction? From what you are saying this method you are using sounds akin to some of the nordost coating techniques that they use. I know first hand that it is hard to strip the Teflon off of those cables because it is basically stuck to the conductor. Is your cable similar in this fashion?

Where did I say each strand is covered in Teflon? This is not possible as there are 4 wires in each cable with many strands in each wire. The entire cable would end up huge and that doesn't even take into account that there are 2 layers of cotton as well.

Thanks,
Alex

Oct 27, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #73 of 846
Second day with my balanced Qualia v3 with the best XLR (Better than Xhadow it looks like) connectors aka Furutech with Rhodium. I think headphone cabling has basically reached its pinnacle in this cable. I own a v2 Qualia balanced cable with the standard neutrik connectors and there is a subtle but definite improvement. It is simply more right in all areas. I have never heard a better cable.

V3 is way less microphonic than V2 (Almost not microphonic at all... Amazing for a techflex wrapped cable). Thicker with a nice oval topology. I don't think this cable can be bettered.

Oct 28, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #74 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can't wait to try out mine
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #75 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by jantze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't wait to try out mine
biggrin.gif

I hope you love it! Send me an email if you run across any issues during the install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back