Jan 14, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #136 of 846
That last HD650 cable you posted looks pretty darn good
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #137 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That last HD650 cable you posted looks pretty darn good
smily_headphones1.gif

Yea I am certain that the new owner will just love it with his headphones.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

-Alex-

Jan 14, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #138 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea I am certain that the new owner will just love it with his headphones.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

-Alex-

Yeah. The owner is a VERY lucky individual.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #139 of 846
New extension adapter cable, 4pin XLR to bare wire, and a custom adapter cable with 120ohm resistors.

Click image to enter photo gallery.

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #140 of 846
Balanced Edition 9, Balanced HD600 cable with the new Super Nylon sleeving, and a Balanced L3000 with Furutech Rhodium XLR connectors!
biggrin.gif

The Super Nylon sleeving is just super soft, light, and flexible!

Jan 25, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #144 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. The HF-1 with APS V3 cable might actually beat my RS-2 with APS V3 for sound quality and realism, and the RS-2 are already pretty darn good.
eek.gif

I am happy to see they came in well. I hope you are enjoying them!

-Alex-

Jan 25, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #145 of 846
NOS AKG K1000 and a very old Grado RS-1 recabled using Super Nylon sleeving. The RS-1 has a Furutech 1/4in plug. Also a balanced AKG K701.

-Alex-

Jan 27, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #146 of 846
APureSound V3 cable in fact can improve those cans particular with laid back characteristic, since this cable add a little emphasizing in mid range and makes the mid sound a little bit forward. So it can make the laid back sound be more balanced. The bass is fine in weight with tighter. For the people think that their HD650 sounds too laid back, this APS V3 cable may do the magic.

Jan 29, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #147 of 846
The newest version Grado RS-1 recabled balanced and a HD650 cable with super nylon sleeving and a Furutech 1/4in plug.

-Alex-

Feb 1, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #149 of 846
Another newer RS-1 recabled with clear and a 1/8in plug. Talking about a portable headphone!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the owner of that V3 balanced K701 is a Head-Fier, I'd appreciate if you could contact me. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse!
tongue.gif

I will contact the owner and let him know. Maybe you two can work something out.

Thanks,
Alex

Feb 1, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #150 of 846
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the owner of that V3 balanced K701 is a Head-Fier, I'd appreciate if you could contact me. I'll make you an offer you can't refuse!
tongue.gif

you can pm me if you wish....but, i haven't even received, broken in, heard, or seen the cans and their beautiful work from alex yet!

the rudistor nx33 i picked up as a demo from alfredo and the beta22 () nearing completion should really benefit from these cans....or is it vice versa. i am also waiting with pavlovian slobbering ears for a pair of alex's xlr to single ended adapters.

i have a pair of senn 650's with both a 15 ft. pair of both balanced and single ended saa equinox's to compare and contrast in both amps and to the k701's. the balanced senns sound amazing with the rudistor using a pair of siltech ic's directly from my cary 306/200....once all is said and done, i will likely have one of the amps and one of the sets of cans & cables up for sale, but i am always interested in what your offer might be....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back