Android phones and USB DACs
Sep 21, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #7,217 of 9,526
I just got my e18 and paired it up with my Meizu MX4 which is running lollipop and so far its working like a charm. My Fidelio X2 just leveld up hugely. 

E18 sucks big time, the soundstage is so congested that instrumesnts intertwine, vocals and highs are harsh while bass is muddy, any smartphone will sound better. Fiio sucks and their products sucks!!

I'm just messing with you man, sorry, haha, to be honest E18 is the best looking portable DAC that I have ever seen, slim profile plus unit as a power bank is awesome, what I wouldn't give for my d14 to have E18 profile, sigh.

I have had Fiio E11, e7 abd X3, all very good at their asked price. I think Fiio/ibasso are one of the few companies that follow price to performance ratio while keeping things in budget.

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #7,218 of 9,526
I did get a little nervous at first reading about all these problems that many smartphones with lollipop have but i am happy to report that mine works perfectly. Its amazing however the quality upgrade you get with a deticated DAC/AMP out of your devices for so little money nowdays. Back in the older days you would need to fork out a small fortune for quality like this. Now you can get a cheap enough android phone, a respectable portable DAC/AMP, a good set of cans and you are there. 

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #7,219 of 9,526
Hell yea, no way I am going back the days of a massive iPod stack. :wink:

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #7,220 of 9,526
Hell yea, no way I am going back the days of a massive iPod stack.
wink.gif

I seem to be going the other way, having been happy so to speak with my Note II I have been sold on OTGing and now have an IBasso D14 on it's way to me - I will need clown's pockets!

Sep 21, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #7,221 of 9,526
Hell yea, no way I am going back the days of a massive iPod stack. :wink:

I seem to be going the other way, having been happy so to speak with my Note II I have been sold on OTGing and now have an IBasso D14 on it's way to me - I will need clown's pockets!

Get a long cable and place the iBasso D14 in the other pocket. Pretty much same as having a phone and DAP but have a cable going across. :wink:

Have been doing this since forever and way less bulky than my small iPod +D12 stack.

Sep 21, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #7,223 of 9,526
Get a long cable and place the iBasso D14 in the other pocket. Pretty much same as having a phone and DAP but have a cable going across. :wink:

Have been doing this since forever and way less bulky than my small iPod +D12 stack.

Not bad, here I'm worried the stress from the stock otg cable that came from ibasso might damage USB port, stacking my Z2 over d14.

So any idea where I can get the cable of yours? Micro to mini otg can be found many on e-commerce but not all of them work!!

And yeah dont like the stack either, the brushed aluminum of d14 can leave pityfull marks on my naked Z2 pro.

Sep 21, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #7,224 of 9,526

Not bad, here I'm worried the stress from the stock otg cable that came from ibasso might damage USB port, stacking my Z2 over d14.

So any idea where I can get the cable of yours? Micro to mini otg can be found many on e-commerce but not all of them work!!

And yeah dont like the stack either, the brushed aluminum of d14 can leave pityfull marks on my naked Z2 pro.

I had it built with angled plugs to fit my Z1 and without stress related to a straight plug

Sep 21, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #7,225 of 9,526
Just did a number on my HiFimeDIY Android Sabre USB DAC 
frown.gif
.  Before I buy another, is there anything else out there that might be better for under $50?

Sep 22, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #7,227 of 9,526
so we're now looking for a long otg cable that doesn't break the bank.....or some really big pockets or camera bags etc. Any ideas welcomed .  
@Ra97oR
 Dare I ask the stupendous cost of such a beautiful piece of craftsmanship as your cable? And where from?
Trev 

Under £50. :wink:

Sep 22, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #7,228 of 9,526
Hi,

What phone or tablet would work with Tidal using my Chord Hugo?

I have tried Samsung Note 2 and S3 but no joy. I can get it working using the Onkyo Hp, but not with Tidal.

Sep 23, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #7,230 of 9,526
My s6 paired with audiotech im02 causes hissing and im looking to buy a fiio e18 for it. Can someone comfirm for me that it will definitely reduce the hissing?

I use my S6 with a Sony XBA-A2 and get no hiss at all. The GS6 has a really good built in dac and amp, I shouldn't have hiss. What app do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back