Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Jun 2, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #286 of 3,813
Apologies as I inadvertently missed your question. My TU-05 has no CE marking on it, nor is there any CE conformity declaration in the user manual.

Good luck with customs as they can be a pedantic bunch. 

Andy. 

Quote:
A question to all
- anyone here who got his tu-05 amp shipped to europe and getting problems with customs due to missing CE sign or CE conformity declaration?
- is there a CE sign on the tu-05?

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #287 of 3,813
thanks for this information. German customs can just refuse to give you your parcel so i will check this topic with the manufacturer maybe sending him a CE label.

Thanks god that a CE label needs no CE label to be labeled as CE conform :)

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #288 of 3,813
UK Customs wrecked a Polish valve amplifier that I imported a few years ago as it had a granite casing and their scanners couldn't penetrate the rock. So they used an endoscope camera then dismantled it looking for drugs and reassembled it incorrectly. Luckily my friend is an electronics guy and he sorted the amplifier out.

Sending a CE label is an excellent idea. 
L3000.gif

Andy.

Quote:
thanks for this information. German customs can just refuse to give you your parcel so i will check this topic with the manufacturer maybe sending him a CE label.

Jun 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #290 of 3,813
Thats a great price!

It is a little hard to wade through all the posts here so I thought I would link to my photo tutorial post about preparing NOS tubes for use, hope it helps!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/632518/analog-paper-2-discussion-and-appreciation-thread/165#post_9305627

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #292 of 3,813
Yes, thank you. I am staying out of the game for the moment as I have these rare tubes and just want others to have the opportunity to get hold of some.

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #293 of 3,813

May I ask where one might obtain an official-looking CE label? When I return to Europe, I would ideally like to take my equipment with me :)

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #295 of 3,813
Chaps, I've e-mailed Shikada-san about CE certification & sticker for his amps. Lets await his reply.
That was quick. Shikada-san responded. He will look to see how to get the TU-05b certified.

Jun 4, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #296 of 3,813
GermanGuy,

I emailed Mr. Kunzig two days ago about acquiring various valves and he hasn't replied yet - should I have translated my message into German to elicit a response? 

Thanks,
Andy. 

Quote:
Ordered my pair of philips dl92 yesterday (sunday), they were shipped today, will get them tomorrow, price including shipping is euro 14.50 or less 20 usd a pair!

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #298 of 3,813
Quote:
GermanGuy,

I emailed Mr. Kunzig two days ago about acquiring various valves and he hasn't replied yet - should I have translated my message into German to elicit a response? 

Thanks,
Andy. 

I also got no feedback up to now for my request, must be relatively busy with sending out all the incoming orders. By the way, if you want your message translated into German i can do that!

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #299 of 3,813
Quote:
May I ask where one might obtain an official-looking CE label? When I return to Europe, I would ideally like to take my equipment with me :)

CJG888 - it is a difference if you get a parcel ( then by law you are the official importer of a product, wether you want to sell it or not) or you are just returning home from a vacation and have something with you ( then you are just the owner or end user).

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #300 of 3,813
GermanGuy,

Thanks for your kind offer of help. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Just received an email from Mr. Kunzig saying that he's on holiday until next Monday (10th) and will reply to valve purchase enquiries then. 

Cheers,
Andy. 

Quote:
I also got no feedback up to now for my request, must be relatively busy with sending out all the incoming orders. By the way, if you want your message translated into German i can do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back