Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Dec 22, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #61 of 1,285
Hello, LCD-3 fans,
to read it for me terribly that there are not enough fans of the combination "Leben CS300x" and LCD-3
I use of both devices and to me is absent the words around everything to describe.
The clarity and the understanding for the reproduction of music is simply inaccessible.
There "Cavalli LF" can answer only with raw strength without substance.
So clear Yes to "Leben CS300x".  [:~)

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #62 of 1,285

Quote:
I may have missed it in this thread but has anyone heard these with a balanced Beta22?  This is what I'm planning to build in the next few months.  I had originally planned to buy LCD2's but have now decided on the 3's.  I'm a diyer by nature and the Beta is at the top of my short list for amps to build.  Just curious if it will be a good match.

If it helps, I own a balanced Beta22 and the LCD-2 rev2's....and they sound wonderful together. Make sure your front end is up to the task or you'll hear ALL its shortcomings.

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #63 of 1,285
You guys have such high end amp, I've only got a schiit Lyr
frown.gif

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #65 of 1,285

I'm still waiting for my LCD-3, I've ordered it in November, still waiting for it to come lol, now I only have my Lyr and JH 11. The shop offered to lend my the LCD-2 1st, I'll go collect it when I'm free, currently very busy now

Quote:
And do you have lcd-3?  If so, how does it sound?  I have the asguard and i am thinking about upgrading to the lyra when my lcd-3 comes.

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #69 of 1,285
Cheer up, Lyr may not be "the best" amp for the LCD-2/3 but it still is one of the best. When it comes to driving the LCD's it outperforms nearly all amps in the sub-$1,000 category and definitely rivals against many $1,000+ or even $2,000+ amps. Check out the Lyr tube rolling thread - with the right kind of tubes, you can transform the Lyr to an amp on a whole new level that evenly performs with amps nearly five times its price. I'm not kidding, you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Quote:
And do you have lcd-3?  If so, how does it sound?  I have the asguard and i am thinking about upgrading to the lyra when my lcd-3 comes.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #70 of 1,285
The Lyr can be better than cavalli liquid fire????

Quote:
Cheer up, Lyr may not be "the best" amp for the LCD-2/3 but it still is one of the best. When it comes to driving the LCD's it outperforms nearly all amps in the sub-$1,000 category and definitely rivals against many $1,000+ or even $2,000+ amps. Check out the Lyr tube rolling thread - with the right kind of tubes, you can transform the Lyr to an amp on a whole new level that evenly performs with amps nearly five times its price. I'm not kidding, you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #72 of 1,285
I auditioned the Lyr... The Liquid Fire simply destroyed the Lyr hands down.  And after changing the tubes on the Liquid Fire to Telefunken CCa's, the LF is a perfect match with the LCD3. Make no mistake, I thought the Lyr was a decent amp - before I listened to the Liquid Fire. If you think the Siemens CCa's sound good on the Lyr, wait till you try a quad on the Liquid Fire.

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #73 of 1,285
Would I sound presumptuous if I chalked up your comment of Cavalli LF + LCD-3 as not having substance to poor command of English?

Quote:
Hello, LCD-3 fans,
to read it for me terribly that there are not enough fans of the combination "Leben CS300x" and LCD-3
I use of both devices and to me is absent the words around everything to describe.
The clarity and the understanding for the reproduction of music is simply inaccessible.
There "Cavalli LF" can answer only with raw strength without substance.
So clear Yes to "Leben CS300x".  [:~)

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #74 of 1,285
My command of English is probably not much better than ironear, but I can vouch for him. The Liquid Fire definitely has more "meat" than the Leben, with better sub-bass and an effortless midrange which is very good in its own right. For female vocal with acoustic music background (e.g. Diana Krall) and JazzI still prefer the Leben with my vintage Amperex and Mullard tubes. However I don't think the Liquid Fire only has "raw power" - after burning in for 150 hours (as suggested by Alex in the manual), it sounds like  its name - "Liquid Fire" - powerful but with a tad of tube smoothness without which the amp may sound a bit harsh with the LCD3. I certainly prefer the Liquid Fire for pop music.  

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #75 of 1,285
Yea I guess I've got to save up for the Liquid fire. Right now have to just make do with my schiit lyr
frown.gif

Quote:
I auditioned the Lyr... The Liquid Fire simply destroyed the Lyr hands down.  And after changing the tubes on the Liquid Fire to Telefunken CCa's, the LF is a perfect match with the LCD3. Make no mistake, I thought the Lyr was a decent amp - before I listened to the Liquid Fire. If you think the Siemens CCa's sound good on the Lyr, wait till you try a quad on the Liquid Fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back