Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Dec 9, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #46 of 1,285
Dec 9, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #47 of 1,285
If the ears didn't like the V181 (assume he used balanced output and not the SE output), the V200 (according to project86) is really not that different. Some different, but night / day different.

Dec 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #48 of 1,285
Yes, thanks. I know from Gwarmi here that the V181 and V200 both work real well with the LCD2. We were discussing if it'd work well with the LCD3 since it might be easier to drive, according to specs. I was scared about purchasing them together just on speculation. 
redface.gif

Dec 9, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #49 of 1,285

Quote:
Yes, thanks. I know from Gwarmi here that the V181 and V200 both work real well with the LCD2. We were discussing if it'd work well with the LCD3 since it might be easier to drive, according to specs. I was scared about purchasing them together just on speculation. 
redface.gif

didn't try the v181 myself,and my friend's LCD3 is quite new, so I can't say if the v181 pairs great with LCD3 or not.

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #51 of 1,285
I am in the market for new higherend phones,went down to new york at gizmodo sunday night 12-11,had hoped i might get to hear the almighty audeze lcd-3,no one knew anything about it,was told not to many people interested in 2 thousand dolar phones(but i was,and it was truly a bitch getting there).I was told that the one guy that knew about them was not there,but i noticed the headphone-speaker amp they were using to power my future baby,it was called topline,and i was told that the combo of this amp and the lcd-3 sounded great(although i certainly do not think these fine folks were audiophiles).As i could not listen, i again inquired about the amp,and of course no one new anything.Does anyone out there Know anything about  these amps,i suspect it might be chinese.Topline amps,would surely appreciate any assisitance.

Dec 12, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #54 of 1,285
Well it only makes sense. They're the same amping requirements cause they're almost the same headphone, just a lot better. The ear pads, to me, are the biggest improvement. Putting the revision 1 back on (I have the early model) makes them feel like sandbags compared to the lcd3s.

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #55 of 1,285
I am interested to hear the results of the Liquid Fire vs the Leben. I have the Leben, and my LCD-3 should be on its way. I keep reading people who say it is amazing with the Cavalli, but few seem to mention the Leben. The prices don't seem that far off. Any ideas on the discrepancy?

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #56 of 1,285
The leben is a tube amp and the LF a hybrid, so I would say the sound should be different. Price wise they are similar, and they are all among the best of their kind. The only question would be synergy.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #57 of 1,285
While I didn't have the Leben with the LCD-3, I had both it and the LF with my LCD-2 rev.2. The synergy is definitely better with the LF; however, the Leben has an unmistakeable tube sound signature to it that some may prefer. I myself ended up keeping the LF, as it does everything very well.

Now that I have the LCD-3, it sounds even better with the LF, but no longer have the Leben for a direct comparison.
Quote:
I am interested to hear the results of the Liquid Fire vs the Leben. I have the Leben, and my LCD-3 should be on its way. I keep reading people who say it is amazing with the Cavalli, but few seem to mention the Leben. The prices don't seem that far off. Any ideas on the discrepancy?

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #58 of 1,285
Thanks. I didn't expect many to have both, so I appreciate the comparison. Your comments would make me consider swapping, but I don't have the cash to buy the LF without selling the Leben. I don't think I could go that long without it.

If anyone else has compared the two I would still love more impressions.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #59 of 1,285
I have both and will write up a comparison after full burn in of my office rig. Will bring the LCD3 and LF home for a weekend to do a direct comparison.

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #60 of 1,285
I may have missed it in this thread but has anyone heard these with a balanced Beta22?  This is what I'm planning to build in the next few months.  I had originally planned to buy LCD2's but have now decided on the 3's.  I'm a diyer by nature and the Beta is at the top of my short list for amps to build.  Just curious if it will be a good match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back