Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Jul 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #661 of 1,285
GS-X mk2 sounds perfect with the LCD line.  About the only others in the running for me are the Burson Soloist and Apex Peak.  Nothing in my profile really came close.  The Trafomatic was also awesome but clearly rolled in the sub bass.

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #662 of 1,285
Thank you again Solude.
So kind of you answering me.

I'll do more research.

Oh, just in case, I listen to Rock (Mostly Indie), Heavy Metal (it does includes Thrash, Power and Progressive), Electronic (from House and Chill Out to Dubstep and Glitch Hop) and even some K-Pop songs.

In the moment, I do not listen to classical and acoustic music, maybe one or other, but not what I listen most.

I don't know if it means something while choosing an amp. Just saying.

Thank you.
Henrique Foletto.

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #664 of 1,285
Sub-$1000 Amp/dac (don't need to be one complete device, can be dedicated amp and dac or a combination)? Dacmini (not sure whether the PX or the CX) sounds like the best bet to me so far

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #665 of 1,285
I think the ASUS Xonar Essence One Muses Edition is a better option

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #670 of 1,285
Quote:
without the usb, how do i use it with a computer? That $1100 price is also glaring....

What other sub-$1000 amp/dac combos are out there for the LCD3?

At your price point your going to have to piece together something.  Also try to get a V-link (converter) or something to to get USB out the computer.

Or to stay under $1K I'd say with Mjolnir and Modi for now until you can upgrade.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #671 of 1,285
Quote:

At your price point your going to have to piece together something.  Also try to get a V-link (converter) or something to to get USB out the computer.

Or to stay under $1K I'd say with Mjolnir and Modi for now until you can upgrade.

I still here good things about the DACmini, so what about that?

Jul 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #673 of 1,285
Jul 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #674 of 1,285
I think we've all heard soundcards by this point :p  If you want to use an external soundcard at least go to the pro market, not the hype and casing route.  Not bad for $200 but at $900?  No, just no.

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #675 of 1,285
Darth:

This:

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/processors/products/xda2

plus this:

http://www.tbisound.com/dsp_products_millenia.asp

+ a resistor box that you could build yourself for ~$50 or buy from TBI for $100 gets you a sweet-sounding system for under $1K (at least until this weekend when the Emotiva sale is over). 

I just did a comparison vs. MJ (check out the speaker amp thread) and while the Schiit was a detail monster, the TBI was almost as detailed and much better sounding.

Edit:

And all of that equipment has a 30-day trial period, so if you don't like it, you send it back, no restocking fee, no questions asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back