Alessandro - Lazy company?
Aug 25, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #16 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
The customer service issues you describe really aren't acceptable.

I mean I can understand if I tried calling on a saturday or late at night but this is during the week day from 11 to 3 o clock (I've called 5 times and left 2 voicemails). The funny thing is they already charged my credit card...

Aug 25, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #17 of 79
If they've charged your card, they probably sent out the headphones already. If I'm not mistaken, it's illegal to charge a person before the product has been shipped. I don't think they would want to risk a lawsuit.

Aug 25, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #18 of 79
Gee, guess what I got in the mail today! This is incredible, I left a message (2 weeks ago, only because getting a live person is near impossible) to cancel my order called in almost a month ago. Oh well, I'll try em out against my AKG K501's and send em back.

Aug 25, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #19 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyCasaba
Gee, guess what I got in the mail today! This is incredible, I left a message (2 weeks ago, only because getting a live person is near impossible) to cancel my order called in almost a month ago. Oh well, I'll try em out against my AKG K501's and send em back.

too bad you cancelled/sending them back. For Alessandro, having 24 days go by before having the cans at your door isn't TOO bad for that outfit. let us know what you think, they are totally different than K501s!

Aug 25, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #20 of 79
I placed my order through their online store, which proceeded to send me two separate confirmation e-mails for different orders of the same item (MS-1). e-mailed them to ask what was up, no reply... I'll give them a call, but it certainly doesn't look promising!

I was pretty much expecting this level of service when I ordered, having read numerous threads about Alessandro on here. It really bugs me when companies ignore e-mail. I've been trying to contact Beyer about getting a DT770 headband for my MS-1s, and nobody's responding there, either.

Aug 26, 2005 at 12:04 AM Post #22 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
Sounds like a hole in the wall operation to me, why bother. Alessandro's are nothing but Grado's with a couple of cheap tweaks anyway.

Please read the John Grado interview before you give out "information". You are very wrong.

Aug 26, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #23 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
too bad you cancelled/sending them back. For Alessandro, having 24 days go by before having the cans at your door isn't TOO bad for that outfit. let us know what you think, they are totally different than K501s!

Just to be clear, I ordered on July 26th, and was told they would come in a week. I am also local, so shipping was only 1 day by the postmark. My issue is the total lack of customer service, one message never returned and another to cancel my order just ignored.

I would say in the little bit I compared tonight, the 2 phones are not so different. The MS-1 has a little more bass and bloom, little brighter too. The K501's sounds similar, just more refined in comparison, vocals are smoother and electric guitar (Knopfler in particular) is just awesome.

Aug 26, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #24 of 79
Definitely, my gripe is not with the time it takes to receive the headphones. But a simple e-mail reply would be nice... on their website it says "Feel free to contact us by phone at (215) 355-6424, or via email for ordering information on any of our products. You'll get prompt, detailed information about our products, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your prospective purchases."

redface.gif

Crazy

Aug 26, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #25 of 79
call beyer - id imagine that ordering specific replacement/modification products is easier to do on their end by phone, that way, they can help people that arent sure what product they have/need.

Quote:

I've been trying to contact Beyer about getting a DT770 headband for my MS-1s, and nobody's responding there, either.

Aug 26, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #26 of 79
This is interesting. If we were talking about HeadRoom or B&H I'm pretty sure you guys would all be screaming bloody murder (and well you should), so why does Alessandro get a reaction that says, "Give them a break, it's a small company"? Why do they get a pass?

No confirmation and no communication are unacceptable for any business. They let people submit sensitive information (i.e. credit card numbers) and give you no indication that they received it?
rolleyes.gif
That should be automated.

If they take the orders then I believe they should confirm your order, provide you with its status and ship in a timely, industry-standard manner. Anything less in unacceptable. The idea that George would rather be rocking out at a club than letting me know my cc information hasn't been stolen and that they will be fulfilling their obligations is less than comforting.

IMO of course.

Aug 26, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #28 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
This is interesting. If we were talking about HeadRoom or B&H I'm pretty sure you guys would all be screaming bloody murder (and well you should), so why does Alessandro get a reaction that says, "Give them a break, it's a small company"? Why do they get a pass?

No confirmation and no communication are unacceptable for any business. They let people submit sensitive information (i.e. credit card numbers) and give you no indication that they received it?
rolleyes.gif
That should be automated.

If they take the orders then I believe they should confirm your order, provide you with its status and ship in a timely, industry-standard manner. Anything less in unacceptable. The idea that George would rather be rocking out at a club than letting me know my cc information hasn't been stolen and that they will be fulfilling their obligations is less than comforting.

IMO of course.

I feel as if small companies should get "breaks" from how fast one delivers and that is about it. Small companies have more time to personalize orders as well as take care of customers "better" with a focus on keeping communication easily available. I have known many small companies that ship faster, reply sooner, and make sure that customers are satisfied. Especially since I am a musician, I would never buy anything from Sam Ash or Guitar Center but rather buy from small shops that maintain a smaller amount of equipment better and make sure that each customer is as happy as possible.

I don't understand unless they are heavily under staffed like 1 person per division, then I could understand delayed replys and slow shipments but the fact that I can't get a hold of Alessandro's employees 3 days straight with Phone calls, voice mails, and e-mails (the only ways I can get a hold of them) is just purely unacceptable. The fact that they don't have an automated computer service to confirm orders makes them ancient technology wise and they need a wake up call to the new millenium.

Hey they make great products no doubt but the fact that the next Alessandro product I buy will only be used from head-fi members attest to how disgusted I am of their inactivity.

Aug 26, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #29 of 79
I don't think Alessandro should get any breaks because they're a small operation. There's nothing worse than poor customer service IMO, especially from a small company that has the ability to give more personal service. The situation for me is that if I want new Grados, my only options are either Alessandro or buying from a local dealer at 100% mark-up from US prices. US dealers aren't allowed to sell Grados to Canadians.

BTW, the reason I've been e-mailing around for the Beyer part is that there is no actual Beyerdynamic in Canada. I was hoping to get the part from a Canadian source, but their official Canadian distributor ("White Radio") seems to be a dead loss. I'll probably giver Beyer USA a call and see what they want to ship the part to Canada.

Aug 26, 2005 at 7:09 AM Post #30 of 79
I have a decent collection of nice guitar gear (among other things). I know what it's like. It's aggravating as can be. But in the end what can you do? Either 1) show how you feel by going elsewhere or 2) power through, call 10x a day, always keep your cool considering how temperamental the folks on the other end might be, etc.

Some boutique builders can get away with just about anything if their product is in great demand. Having to deal with them is part of the price you pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back