Alessandro - Lazy company?
Aug 30, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #34 of 79
Seriously, does anyone know the best way to contact these guys? I've tried calling them everyday for about 2 weeks now. Noone ever picks up. They don't respond to voicemail or e-mail either. Are they still in business?

Aug 30, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #35 of 79
They never replied to my e-mails about the double order confirmation. However, they appear to have charged my credit card for a single pair of MS-1s. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #37 of 79
My MS-1s arrived today. Here's how my order went:

Aug 25: Place order on site
Aug 26: Notice double e-mail confirmation (two separate orders). E-mail Alessandro. No reply.
Aug 30: Credit card charged
Aug 30: Item shipped
Sept 9: Arrives (yay!)

I will definitely say that their customer service sucks, but at least they didn't charge my card until they shipped the headphones. They're also the only way to get Grados for a reasonable price in Canada. I was burned by customs to the tune of $23.09, but I was expecting that, and Alessandro declared the correct value on the customs form.

The box was packed fairly well, but not spectacularly well (bubble wrap on one side). One corner was crushed in transit, but the headphones weren't damaged. They sent a receipt printed from their site that has my full credit card number and expiry date on it, which is a little annoying. It has a smaller machine receipt stapled to it that only lists the last four digits.

Now to have a listen... Ahh!
rs1smile.gif
My wallet can only get emptier from here.
eek.gif
Now I just need to go kill the people doing my neighbours' lawn...

Sep 9, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #38 of 79
To those who said Alessandro (or small companies in general) should be able to have some leeway on shipping times/customer service- that is just dead wrong. A small outfit should pride itself on personal relationships with it's customers and quick shipping times. I ordered my sr-225 from a smaller dealer that sells Grados (i'm not going to post the link...new at this particular forum, not sure what your policies are). I made a mistake on the order form and he promptly responded to my e-mail and phone call within 24 hours. He actually responded outside of normal business hours via e-mail.

It is not much to ask for order confirmation and shipping confirmation- order confirmation isn't difficult to implement at all if you have a decent CMS backing your store. Some small companies really need to prioritize as word of mouth is one of the only things that keeps the smaller guys in business...a good product can only get you so far in a flooded market.

(For the record...I just called Alessandro's number from the website and they picked up on the second ring.)

Sep 9, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #40 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie
To those who said Alessandro (or small companies in general) should be able to have some leeway on shipping times/customer service- that is just dead wrong. A small outfit should pride itself on personal relationships with it's customers and quick shipping times. I ordered my sr-225 from a smaller dealer that sells Grados (i'm not going to post the link...new at this particular forum, not sure what your policies are). I made a mistake on the order form and he promptly responded to my e-mail and phone call within 24 hours. He actually responded outside of normal business hours via e-mail.

Sounds like Todd. No rule against talking about good/bad customer experiences that I'm aware of, people do it all the time.

Totally agree with you on not giving a small outfit leeway. It's baffling to me sometimes to see big companies bashed by the same people who get lousy customer service like this from a smaller company and still sing their praises.

Sep 29, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #41 of 79
this thread had me worried about ordering MS-1's due to shipping delays/poor customer service. i decided to bear the wait and order a set. ordered the 25th, my order arrived today, the 29th. i am in Austin, TX, so shipment was fast. maybe i am lucky, or maybe they changed their ways. either way, i am glad i decided to order them
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #42 of 79
I ordered some MS-1's August 29th, after trying to get a status two weeks later and failing miserably, I sent them and email asking them to cancel the order. No respose, but my credit card hasn't been charged and nothing was sent. So I assume that they cancelled it.

Sep 30, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #43 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColStripe
I ordered some MS-1's August 29th, after trying to get a status two weeks later and failing miserably, I sent them and email asking them to cancel the order. No respose, but my credit card hasn't been charged and nothing was sent. So I assume that they cancelled it.

Someone ought to print out this thread and send them a HARD COPY, I'm looking at some MS-1s, but I honestly don't want a huge hassle in case something goes wrong. Cross border shopping can be a real pain even with excellent cutomer service...

Oct 1, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #44 of 79
I sent an e-mail to them regarding what the difference is with the ms-2 or ms-2i vs. stock Grados if I have the model # correct. I never received a response.I was very interested in purchasing a pair.Not mad or upset at all but they lost a potential order.I figured they/he whoever might be swamped with e-mails so no big deal.I love Grados so i'll just stick with them in stock form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back