Alessandro - Lazy company?
Aug 24, 2005 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

CamelBackCinema

500+ Head-Fier
Alessandro is located in PA and I live in OH and I ordered my headphones a week ago and still havn't received them. I have e-mailed them and have gotten no response as well as called them several times and all I get is there voice mail.

Is this company just pure lazy and slow? I am getting kind of frustrated with them not being available.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 79
nah, they are just small and are a boutique operation with some folks helping Mr. Alessandro out. "Operations" might be a division in George's brain that is prioritized below "Amp Development" and "Jammin' at the Club."

you'd be surprised how tiny some outfits are irl - i just visited a multi-million dollar company and their office was the size of a postage stamp with a 386 computer running databases off ms-dos and green screen monitors still hehe!

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 79
Thanks Jahn, yeah I'm sure there are a ton of successful companies still doing what they did 10 years ago and still being a force. I didn't even get a confirmation E-Mail or anything. I just want some kind of response. I feel as if that is not too much to ask.

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 79
nah, that's not too much to ask. when i got my MS-1 i had a week go by with no shipment, so i called them and they said "sorry, we just got back from 4th of july holiday, what was your order?" i gave them the info that i submitted online and one week later the MS-1 was on my doorstep. you just have to rely on person to person followup after you submit online, and don't rely on voicemail or trying to order over the phone - they want you to order online first, then check in if things are slow.

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 79
CamelBackCinema - As Jahn said, they aren't the quickest of people to deal with. Phone calls are definately the way to contact them - persevere! You'll get your phones and i promise you, they're worth the wait!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #6 of 79
Not that I've dealt with Allesandro as an outfit, but just a comment on small businesses with botique/handbuilt goods. With these operations customer service is either legendary or it's non-existant. If the company is headed by a person who considers themself an artist first then the latter usually holds true. They can get away with it as their stuff is "that good", and as well I think true artists are rather scatological and aren't the best at heading a business. My dad, who runs a small skylight installation company prides himself on stellar communication, says it's the lifeblood of any business.

That said I kinda worship the guy as a guitar amp builder, his stuff is pretty well regarded and quite the eye-candy.

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #7 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
That said I kinda worship the guy as a guitar amp builder, his stuff is pretty well regarded and quite the eye-candy.

Yeah, it's funny that we think of George in the headphone context as just a guy who scored a nice deal wih Grado for some cans, but in the guitar world he's known in his own right for building some seriously killer amps.

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #8 of 79
Right... I can't imagine the headphone stuff being anything more than a small diversion to his amp operation.

I've been playing since 1990, saw an article on one of his amps in the early 90s (back when I'm pretty sure he was just building these things in his garage by himself), and he quickly gained cult status after that. I've watched his lineup progress over the years, everything is like 2-3x the price now! Before he came around it was a tolex world, now there's much more in the way of exotic woods/materials used in amp detail.

When I came to Head-fi and saw people talking so much about Allesandro I looked up the company and was very surprised to see he had branched out into headphones. It's kinda like seeing a movie star take a stab at a music career...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Yeah, it's funny that we think of George in the headphone context as just a guy who scored a nice deal wih Grado for some cans, but in the guitar world he's known in his own right for building some seriously killer amps.

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #11 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
They can get away with it as their stuff is "that good", and as well I think true artists are rather scatological and aren't the best at heading a business.

Heh...are you sure you meant to say scatalogical?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=scatological

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #12 of 79
Yes, I mean Allesandro has an obsession, with uh, excrement.
biggrin.gif

Man oh man, when you hear a word used every so often and assume it means something else from context... so backing up a bit, let's just say he might be a bit of focus on the business end of things. Maybe horribly out of focus according to reports here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back