Acoustic Research Mysterious New Audiophile DAP
Mar 6, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #46 of 215
Quote:

LOL!

Okay, I'd like to point out that the following will not be in pinyin, Wade-Giles, or any recognizable phonetic notation system.  Think of it as the hooked-on-phonics version of what to say:

Shen sun, wuo yo jee tiao guh.  Tzuh jee tiao guh si wuo tuh bieh she hwan duh guh - yieh si wuo tuh bieh dong duh ing yueh.  Ching wun, nee nun bu nun bah wuo duh ing yreh fang tzai nee mien, zhang wuo ting ee ting?

Roughly translated, it's "Mister, I have a few songs.  These songs are ones that I particularly like - as well as music that I know quite well.  Could I intrude upon you to put this music in there [point to the damn thing], and let me have a listen?

Thanks for the effort, but I might have been exagerating a bit, my level is largely sufficient to ask them that :) It is really cute how you translate pinyin in phonetics though :)

Anyways I will try even better: I will ask them to loan it against a deposit over the weekend...

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #47 of 215
Quote:

LOL!

Okay, I'd like to point out that the following will not be in pinyin, Wade-Giles, or any recognizable phonetic notation system.  Think of it as the hooked-on-phonics version of what to say:

Shen sun, wuo yo jee tiao guh.  Tzuh jee tiao guh si wuo tuh bieh she hwan duh guh - yieh si wuo tuh bieh dong duh ing yueh.  Ching wun, nee nun bu nun bah wuo duh ing yreh fang tzai nee mien, zhang wuo ting ee ting?

Roughly translated, it's "Mister, I have a few songs.  These songs are ones that I particularly like - as well as music that I know quite well.  Could I intrude upon you to put this music in there [point to the damn thing], and let me have a listen?

Sweet!  Now we have a plan!  
cool.gif

Mimouille, why don't you take warrenpchi with you?  You know, to smooth out the edges...

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #48 of 215
Quote:
Thanks for the effort, but I might have been exagerating a bit, my level is largely sufficient to ask them that :) It is really cute how you translate pinyin in phonetics though :)

Anyways I will try even better: I will ask them to loan it against a deposit over the weekend...

Well hot damn, if you can ask that, then it appears that my job is done. 
smile.gif
  Ima have some scotch and chill out then.

BTW, I've called for reinforcements from the Diary thread to help out if need be.

Quote:

Sweet!  Now we have a plan!  
cool.gif

Mimouille, why don't you take warrenpchi with you?  You know, to smooth out the edges...

LOL, I'm like an ocean away bro... but if Mimouille's paying for the trip, who am I to say no?  I could help out in other ways, as I've that Chinese facial camouflage thing goin' on.

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #49 of 215
Quote:

Well hot damn, if you can ask that, then it appears that my job is done. 
smile.gif
  Ima have some scotch and chill out then.

BTW, I've called for reinforcements from the Diary thread to help out if need be.

LOL, I'm like an ocean away bro... but if Mimouille's paying for the trip, who am I to say no?  I could help out in other ways, as I've that Chinese facial camouflage thing goin' on.

Thanks again though :) I will let you guys know...I just hope I am not gonna crack and spend another 800 just like this...

Mar 6, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #50 of 215
hey I don't even have a dog in this race, I've got a DX100, I'm all set.  But I'm pulling for you guys!  
beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #52 of 215
Quote:
I just hope I am not gonna crack and spend another 800 just like this...

Oh you know you're gonna.  But posting here makes it seem like you fought a good fight. 
wink.gif
  You know, if you get it fast enough, and evaluate it fast enough, you could always sell it here if you don't like it.  I would think rarity alone would make someone want it.

Quote:
hey I don't even have a dog in this race, I've got a DX100, I'm all set.  But I'm pulling for you guys!  
beerchug.gif

Right on, thanks for the encouragement! 
smile.gif

Quote:
But this thing says it is directly competing with the dx100

Yeah... Ima go out on a limb and say that nelam probably doesn't take that part very seriously.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #53 of 215
Quote:

Oh you know you're gonna.  But posting here makes it seem like you fought a good fight. 
wink.gif
  You know, if you get it fast enough, and evaluate it fast enough, you could always sell it here if you don't like it.  I would think rarity alone would make someone want it.

Right on, thanks for the encouragement! 
smile.gif

Yeah... Ima go out on a limb and say that nelam probably doesn't take that part very seriously.

Not yet anyway.

Even if it does end up being better, I'd have to weigh that against my satisfaction with the DX100, and I might not upgrade anyway...

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #55 of 215
Maybe we should start a web petition to get more information?  I don't feel that we've been sufficiently ignored yet.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #56 of 215
Quote:
Maybe we should start a web petition to get more information?  I don't feel that we've been sufficiently ignored yet.

I don't think that the new AR has to abide by the same rules as the White House, they may not feel obliged to pay attention to our petition.

Mar 7, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #57 of 215
Quote:

I don't think that the new AR has to abide by the same rules as the White House, they may not feel obliged to pay attention to our petition.

If everything goes according to plan I am going there tommorrow with some music on my USB and requesting to try it vs. my DX100 and the Studio 3rd they also have. We will see how it goes ! And if I get out of the store with 7800 RMB less (price of both players :) )

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #60 of 215
Quote:
Thanks. Though it will really need to be good because I am eying the Tera player.

No eyes required on that....it has no screen! 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back