Acoustic Research Mysterious New Audiophile DAP
Mar 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #31 of 215
Quote:
???

What do I mean?

I mean that this can't have been Henry Kloss' dream for the company he founded, making cheap power strips and wireless speakers in China, everything they sell reeks of mid-fi!

If this DAP turns out to be a real product, it will be the highest quality thing currently being peddled by AR.  The company that ruled the roost in the Hi-Fi world for decades.

That's what I mean.

No need to get all excited :) It was just a question.

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #32 of 215
Quote:
No need to get all excited :) It was just a question.

No problem, I guess I could have handled that better.  I just wasn't sure where you were coming from. I'm cool if you're cool. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #34 of 215
so the race who has the best and most expensive dap in terms of worst battery life is going on!

Mar 5, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #37 of 215
I'm pretty tempted to say that you're referencing the same page he did in the OP.  I'm even more tempted to say that meant the provided English text itself is possibly a poor translation.  But I don't wanna start no trouble, so I just won't say anything.

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #38 of 215
I'm pretty tempted to say that you're referencing the same page he did in the OP.  I'm even more tempted to say that meant the provided English text itself is possibly a poor translation.  But I don't wanna start no trouble, so I just won't say anything.

Thank you for not saying anything so I do not have to not say anything myself.

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #39 of 215
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you for not saying anything so I do not have to not say anything myself.

You're most welcome.  And you're right, saying that he referenced the same page, or that he didn't realize the translation was poor, wouldn't have done anybody any good... so I just kept my trap shut.

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #41 of 215
Maybe they'd let you check it out in more detail if you told them that you're discussing this on Head-Fi?  And that you might be able to post their contact into.  Show them this thread on your phone or something. 
smile.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #42 of 215
Once again, you have to imagine I am talking in Chinese with these guys...and my mandarin is not fluent...so the dialogue is more like: "your player me likey me puttey my sound on your player listen good good ok ?" And then they look at me like I am crazy, and the boss says to his employee : "just tell the crazy foreigner to try it and be done with it." :)

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #43 of 215
Quote:
Once again, you have to imagine I am talking in Chinese with these guys...and my mandarin is not fluent...so the dialogue is more like: "your player me likey me puttey my sound on your player listen good good ok ?" And then they look at me like I am crazy, and the boss says to his employee : "just tell the crazy foreigner to try it and be done with it." :)

So?  What's the problem?  
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #45 of 215
Quote:

So?  What's the problem?  
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

LOL!

Quote:

Okay, I'd like to point out that the following will not be in pinyin, Wade-Giles, or any recognizable phonetic notation system.  Think of it as the hooked-on-phonics version of what to say:

Shen sun, wuo yo jee tiao guh.  Tzuh jee tiao guh si wuo tuh bieh she hwan duh guh - yieh si wuo tuh bieh dong duh ing yueh.  Ching wun, nee nun bu nun bah wuo duh ing yreh fang tzai nee mien, zhang wuo ting ee ting?

Roughly translated, it's "Mister, I have a few songs.  These songs are ones that I particularly like - as well as music that I know quite well.  Could I intrude upon you to put this music in there [point to the damn thing], and let me have a listen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back