A request to all owners of an Headphonia amplifier
Apr 11, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #256 of 303
All this legal/business ethics/capitalism talk is getting a bit ridiculous. What does American spending habit have to do with this issue?

Can't we just give Headphonia some time to write a reply or focus more on the technical side of things in the meantime? Dr. Gilmore said that the Headphonia is a clear rip-off. I'd like to hear more of these kind of posts or rebuttals thereof. No innuendos, no consipiracy theories, no mumbo-jumbo on Asian manufacturing and American current account deficits. But maybe that's just me.

It might as well be that Jan and Robert are working something out in the meantime. I'm no lawyer, but in dubio pro reo probably applies to this situation as well. Jan has made his case, I'm waiting for Headphonia's, but won't mind more technical insights in the meanwhile substantiating whatever case is being made. Jude and the mods state that they want this thread to continue, so be it, just no more bashing of Headphonia or ill-natured speculations without more hard facts please.

Apr 11, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #257 of 303
Quote:

Originally Posted by feifan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jude, well said: "To me, your 'drop the price of the products' suggestion is similar, in that neither recognizes or rewards the value of the work in the original design as it contributes to price, but only takes into consideration the price discrepancy between the two in a vacuum." I also agree that the whole drop-the-price issue is complex. I'm not condoning or defending those who take the clone path to headfidom, but they may have an impact that, if not always positive, is at least stimulating. For better or for worse, clones exponentially widen access to otherwise unobtainable goods and technology. The masses expand the market, and for high-end suppliers, that's got to be a good thing. Here's why. My guess is that the entry-level folks will gradually leave the clone fold and enter the high-end zone in terms of quality and pricing. Thus, the larger the number of clone buyers, the larger the potential number of clients who demand topnotch quality at prices that folks like Jan and Tyll could live with. I realize this is all theoretical and far from airtight so I welcome other thoughts.

All good points both...

I certainly like to save a buck or 20% let's say. However, in my experience clone manufactures will also cut other corners for profit as its just good bussiness when offering low quality goods where low price is the goal and thats where the demand is in monkeyland. ;-}

And we then see alot of dissatisfied customers (hobbyist) who drop the pursuit perhaps.

I guess there are somethings still where you get what you pay for, in quality design and build quality. For piece of mind, what is 20% of a $250 amp, for instance , especially when I don't have to sell out my principals of right and wrong. But I'm sure their are exceptions to be named.

Agreed, we just give Headphonia some time to write a reply..... 'bout those sox this year....Nevermind ;(

Apr 11, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #258 of 303
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All good points both...
.....low quality goods where low price is the goal and thats where the demand is in monkeyland. ;-}

great comment there. im so glad you are so sure where's monkeyland and who's the monkey
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

and with that...'nuff said. i bow out in agreement with this quote from saint.panda
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....Jude and the mods state that they want this thread to continue, so be it, just no more bashing of Headphonia or ill-natured speculations without more hard facts please.

Apr 11, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #259 of 303
There are people with better ethical values. Then there are people with worse values. I've been screwed with doing business with someone who wasn't ethical in the least and if I tell it here in this forum it's somehow wrong? I should keep it private? That's just wrong.

It's pretty obvious that Robert has just copied the design and putting the same design up very cheap. That's unethical. No matter how you twist around it.

Apr 11, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #260 of 303
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or you just learn to live with your stereotype - just like all of us Germans apparently have to be beer-drinking, Lederhosen-wearing, Sauerkraut-eating, blue-eyed & blond, yodeling Nazis... *sigh*
wink.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Admit it. You do yodel, don't you?
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #261 of 303
Quote:

You need not guess , in the post I wrote a hypothetical reviewer in the future said the clone sounded just as good ( I note Skylab did not take me to task that I was talking about him ), the two points of the hypothetical, were that a clone was produced of the Opera , that was said to sound as good as the original product of the man who went out of business . My hypothetical speakes to the point that this would be a shame.

For some reason you took the meaning of that personally. The hypothetical post is self explainatory in the points it makes. Having nothing to do with you. And this is apparently what you do not understand.

In my opinion, if Dr. Jans amp circuits and crossfeed has been cloned, as Kevin Gilmore said is unambiguous in his opinion , then yes that IS a shame.

Great, that was not difficult. As for taking it personally perhaps, or perhaps not. I believe that by asking I left it open.

Apr 12, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #262 of 303
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Admit it. You do yodel, don't you?
tongue.gif

That would depend on where and how hard someone or something hits me. The quality is debatable, though - similar to Fredl Fesl's famous "Königsjodler", but not voluntarily so.
biggrin.gif

On the ethics topic: I'm curious whether any Headphonia owners have already taken Robert Gehrke's refund offer or plan to do so, if the proof for the suspected and alleged cloning thickens.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Apr 12, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #263 of 303
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or you just learn to live with your stereotype - just like all of us Germans apparently have to be beer-drinking, Lederhosen-wearing, Sauerkraut-eating, blue-eyed & blond, yodeling Nazis... *sigh*
wink.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Which of the above are you saying you're not? I'm only half German and I'm all of the above except for the N word, and you do have to admit they had pretty snazzy uniforms. I should get back to doing my taxes. *sigh*

I love Munich!

Apr 12, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #264 of 303
-I wonder why Robert does not reply here as he said he would?

-I wonder Why Robert would offer to buy back his amplifier?

-I wonder how many Headphonia buyers responded to Dr. Meiers request?

-I wonder how many Headphonia amps actually sold both here and on ebay?

-I wonder why Robert would delete the messages on his web page?

-I wonder when Dr. Meier will update us in this thread?

Apr 12, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #265 of 303
Quote:

x2

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #266 of 303
Quote:

-I wonder does the refrigerator light go out when I close the door?

tongue.gif
sorry I couldn't resist!

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #267 of 303
Obviously since both partys that are actually involved here are not saying anything there is either a law suit going on, which I doubght, or a areement is being worked out.
So why not stop waisting band with and just let it be till we get the official update.
-greg

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #268 of 303
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tongue.gif
sorry I couldn't resist!

It does. If you close the door almost to the point before it seals, you'll see the light goes out. =T There's a little nub, when pushed in by the door, turns the light of.
icon10.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #269 of 303
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tongue.gif
sorry I couldn't resist!

Reminds me of the story of the man that went to a doctor to complain about his wife, who he said, thought she was a refrigerator.
The doctor asked: Does it bother her in any way?
The man replies: no, apparently not, but she sleeps with her mouth open and the light shines in my face....

Sorry, couldn't resist either.

Apr 12, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #270 of 303
Which reminds me of the true story of the time I went to formally close out of the suit I had placed with my lawyer, having decided to settle by other remedys than a personal suit.
I knew we were actually deciding how much I now owed my good lawyer for his services up to that point in time, however; I found myself politely listening to a series of off topic and weakly transitioned monotone war stories from the mans youth; And a fast talker he was indeed.
I had no chance to interject for over an hour it seemed.

Finally, I loudly asked, how much he wanted to sign off on the suit settlement. There is a moral to the story......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back