AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Apr 10, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #3,391 of 3,709
Do you like it bassy & relaxing? Aurora does it to perfection.

Hi Nik,

Looking back through old posts and I couldn't find anything specific and since you had similar listening impressions with the Neon Pro and Ascension I thought I would reach out to you.

I am not sure the Aehta is for me, at least I am going to hold off until it is established and there are plenty of opinions.

In the meantime I am talking with Nicholas about a set of Aurora and hoped you might put together a few sentences to compare the three Aur brothers.

A mini comparison review if you would be so kind.

Many thanks
Bryce

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #3,392 of 3,709
Aurora is the host that greets you with the fireplace already burning, providing warmth and that specific smell. It's the lush one of the three, certainly L-shaped. Mids are natural and timbre is spot on, but some female vocals might be a bit too safe. Treble is there as a servant and does the job in a quiet and effective way. A musical experience primarily.

Neon Pro is the host that greets you with loud aggressive music blasting in the background, so you need to shout for the whole time of visit. Bass is the quickest of the three and most precise in note separation. Mids are just a tad bit recessed vs treble, but remain full and bodied. Treble isn't shy, it's the servant that has to do a trick or two with every dish or beverage he brings to the table and he does it to perfection. A technical experience primarily.

Ascension is the host that has 10 pairs of slippers ready for you to choose. It is the most V-shaped sounding to my ears, punchiest and most rumbling bass, extended treble for bats to enjoy too. Mids are a servant that isn't too pleased to be there and you can sense his lack of energy. Mids can be lagging behind a bit, it takes some getting used to. For vocals I would choose Aurora over Ascension. Both bass and treble slightly overpower mids, just how much of an issue that becomes is down to listener's hearing, preferences, and playlist.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #3,393 of 3,709
Aurora is the host that greets you with the fireplace already burning, providing warmth and that specific smell. It's the lush one of the three, certainly L-shaped. Mids are natural and timbre is spot on, but some female vocals might be a bit too safe. Treble is there as a servant and does the job in a quiet and effective way. A musical experience primarily.

Neon Pro is the host that greets you with loud aggressive music blasting in the background, so you need to shout for the whole time of visit. Bass is the quickest of the three and most precise in note separation. Mids are just a tad bit recessed vs treble, but remain full and bodied. Treble isn't shy, it's the servant that has to do a trick or two with every dish or beverage he brings to the table and he does it to perfection. A technical experience primarily.

Ascension is the host that has 10 pairs of slippers ready for you to choose. It is the most V-shaped sounding to my ears, punchiest and most rumbling bass, extended treble for bats to enjoy too. Mids are a servant that isn't too pleased to be there and you can sense his lack of energy. Mids can be lagging behind a bit, it takes some getting used to. For vocals I would choose Aurora over Ascension. Both bass and treble slightly overpower mids, just how much of an issue that becomes is down to listener's hearing, preferences, and playlist..

Lovely thank you Nik, much appreciated.

That kind of gels with what I recall folks saying about the Aurora and it sounds like a nice compliment to the Neon Pro and Ascension as well as offering a point of difference to my other few sets.

I do enjoy a high energy sound but natural tonality and timber are my priority so the Aurora sounds promising in that respect as well.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #3,394 of 3,709
Lovely thank you Nik, much appreciated.

That kind of gels with what I recall folks saying about the Aurora and it sounds like a nice compliment to the Neon Pro and Ascension as well as offering a point of difference to my other few sets.

I do enjoy a high energy sound but natural tonality and timber are my priority so the Aurora sounds promising in that respect as well.
It likes a fair bit of power too, I find. It's marvelous on my Venture Electronics Stack.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:49 AM Post #3,395 of 3,709

Ascension is the host that has 10 pairs of slippers ready for you to choose. It is the most V-shaped sounding to my ears, punchiest and most rumbling bass, extended treble for bats to enjoy too. Mids are a servant that isn't too pleased to be there and you can sense his lack of energy. Mids can be lagging behind a bit, it takes some getting used to. For vocals I would choose Aurora over Ascension. Both bass and treble slightly overpower mids, just how much of an issue that becomes is down to listener's hearing, preferences, and playlist.
Nicely written @nikbr, I really get a sense of the differences amongst the three from your analogies. Would love to get your view as to where Aehta fits in amongst these!

Apr 10, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #3,396 of 3,709
Nicely written @nikbr, I really get a sense of the differences amongst the three from your analogies. Would love to get your view as to where Aehta fits in amongst these!
Thank you!
Sadly, Aehta is out of reach currently, but if I get the chance to hear it, I'll make sure to share my thoughts.

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:23 AM Post #3,397 of 3,709

Thanks for this Nik, very insightful!

For sweet, organic, female vocals like country music, guitar strings, and a bit of jazz, no K-Pop, would you recommend the Ascension over the Aurora?

My setup will be with Cayin RU-6 and Eletech Raphael for something meaty and analog, and Shanling UA5 and Lavricables Master for something very very smooth … just missing the IEMs.

In another time, I am also a basshead lover, having owned the Fatfreq Maestro Mini, coupled with Effect Audio CODE 23 for deep male vocals, also country, and Scarlet Mini with custom silver-plated copper (for K-Pop).

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #3,398 of 3,709
Thanks for this Nik, very insightful!

For sweet, organic, female vocals like country music, guitar strings, and a bit of jazz, no K-Pop, would you recommend the Ascension over the Aurora?

My setup will be with Cayin RU-6 and Eletech Raphael for something meaty and analog, and Shanling UA5 and Lavricables Master for something very very smooth … just missing the IEMs.

In another time, I am also a basshead lover, having owned the Fatfreq Maestro Mini, coupled with Effect Audio CODE 23 for deep male vocals, also country, and Scarlet Mini with custom silver-plated copper (for K-Pop).

I passed on Ascension but I have Aurora (and Raphael) and it sounds like what you’re looking for - good bass, natural mids and timbre. Just don’t expect treble for bats.

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #3,399 of 3,709
I passed on Ascension but I have Aurora (and Raphael) and it sounds like what you’re looking for - good bass, natural mids and timbre. Just don’t expect treble for bats.
For sure! The Raphael is something … it turns my IE900 and Tia Fourté into sounding real sweet, keeping the same DACs.

Anyway, Aurora was my first choice until the Ascension was released … then I came across Leonardf’s and Nik’s reviews, and now got even more confused haha … the trouble of buying blind, until I get to visit Singapore.

Why did you pass on the Ascension for Aurora? In a graph posted not too long ago, seems like the Ascension supercedes Aurora in every which way.

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #3,400 of 3,709
It likes a fair bit of power too, I find. It's marvelous on my Venture Electronics Stack.

Noted …… ifi Diablo ready and waiting 😁

I like IEM that need a bit of powering, overly sensitive IEM seem to provide more trouble than benefit.

Ascension is about perfect in my mind.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #3,401 of 3,709
Why did you pass on the Ascension for Aurora? In a graph posted not too long ago, seems like the Ascension supercedes Aurora in every which way.

Perhaps it does. I already had Aurora (ordered as soon as it was launched), didn’t have the budget for Ascension when it was released and didn’t see anything in the early impressions that made me want to pursue it over other IEMs I was interested in later. I don’t really pay much attention to graphs. I look at them but find there are too many aspects important to me that they don’t fully capture, like timbre and imaging. Just my $0.02.

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #3,404 of 3,709
For sure! The Raphael is something … it turns my IE900 and Tia Fourté into sounding real sweet, keeping the same DACs.

Anyway, Aurora was my first choice until the Ascension was released … then I came across Leonardf’s and Nik’s reviews, and now got even more confused haha … the trouble of buying blind, until I get to visit Singapore.

In my book the Ascension has significantly less amounts of bass than eg. the Neon Pro (or IE900 you mentioned). Have not heard the Aurora, but if you are looking for heavy amounts of bass in particular the Ascension at least might not fit your bill...

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #3,405 of 3,709
In my book the Ascension has significantly less amounts of bass than eg. the Neon Pro (or IE900 you mentioned). Have not heard the Aurora, but if you are looking for heavy amounts of bass in particular the Ascension at least might not fit your bill...
I don't think so. Wearing Ascension I feel the bass more than I did on NP. A little EQ to Aurora and the bass becomes plenty. NP is good, but unfortunately not vented.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back