$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jul 27, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #3,962 of 6,549
Heaven VI is probably the most comfortable IEM i own. Sure it is not suitable for runners but for casual walkabout no issue. The cable can be microphonic but I run it over my neck as my shirts all have chest pocket but it is really not comfortable at all. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #3,963 of 6,549
  Heaven VI is probably the most comfortable IEM i own. Sure it is not suitable for runners but for casual walkabout no issue. The cable can be microphonic but I run it over my neck as my shirts all have chest pocket but it is really not comfortable at all. 

Oops, I messed it up with Hope VI. 
redface.gif

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #3,964 of 6,549
Agreed that the Heaven VI is not heavy. But it does not fit everyone. Some people have trouble with the "Frankenstein's bolts" aspect of them. I am blessed that I have huge ear canals and they slip right inside. I get the best fit that I have had from any IEM. I know that this influences my extreme love of them.

But bringing this back on topic, I can testify to the fantastic synergy of the M and the Heaven VI. I was worried that the combination might be too euphonic... but no, it is exquisite. I testify to this based on more than 100 hours of listening - easily. 90%+ of my listening with the M has been with the Heaven VI. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #3,969 of 6,549
My RE-600S also paired quite nicely with the Calyx M.

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #3,970 of 6,549
I don't think I own anything that pairs with calyx M as good as IE800.

This is odd, I thought people were having problems with dynamics or sensitive headphones with flat impedance under 20ohms?
confused_face(1).gif
  IE800 is 16ohms.  This is intersting that IE800 does well even with reports of flat impedance phones of low impedance that are sensitive making some sort of noise with M.  Probably some have a revision or the new impedance setting fixes it.

Isn't IE800 regarded as warm?  And also the M.  That's warm + warm, which should be very warm, no?

Jul 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #3,971 of 6,549
It seems the shielding of the M is imperfect, it frequently picks up lots of radio signal. I have never encounter this with my ak240...
blink.gif

Jul 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #3,973 of 6,549
  It seems the shielding of the M is imperfect, it frequently picks up lots of radio signal. I have never encounter this with my ak240...
blink.gif

From my experience this occurs with pretty much any DAP or portable DAC that an headphone is connected to.  Depending on the proximity of the radio source, the sound will be noticible, like the cellphone right next to it, and etc..  Even if the DAP is enclosed by metal, there are areas such as the screen the headphone jack, the headphone wires, and etc.. that can pick up radio to be audible if it's near enough.  Try moving the phone away, and nearby whiles texting or browing the net(while there is some communication going on with the phone), and you will get a good idea of what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back