3rd Annual Austin, Texas Spring Meet - March 2nd, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #241 of 774
Quote:

OK, I'm glad you caught that.

So now, I'll plan to bring the LCD-2, the T1, the DACmini CX, and the Sony PCM-M10 - and probably the Burson Soloist, despite the lack of interest, because it does wonders with the T1, where the LCD-2 sounds better with the brighter DACmini CX.

biggrin.gif

Mike

Yes, thanks so much! Probably most excited about this. Also VERY interested in the Burson. I ALMOST pulled the trigger on that one too. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #243 of 774
Still up for debate. I estimated 9AM to 5pm but we have the room from 8 to 5. If we start at 9AM, setup can start as early as 8AM, or we can start later. There's going to be quite a bit of gear to listen to, so I'd like as much time as is reasonable.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #244 of 774
Still up for debate. I estimated 9AM to 5pm but we have the room from 8 to 5. If we start at 9AM, setup can start as early as 8AM, or we can start later. There's going to be quite a bit of gear to listen to, so I'd like as much time as is reasonable.
So 5's as long as we can go?

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #245 of 774
Yes, means we will be packing up starting around 4ish.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #246 of 774
Jan 14, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #249 of 774
Got an email from the coordinator with a price list for snacks and drinks. Wowzers... if you thought movie theaters were high, prepare for a new level of astonishment. Coffee, $38 per gallon, Fruit punch, $28 per gallon, a full day cookie and brownie service is $11 per person, so for 50 people that's $550 for cookies and brownies.. What!! It gets better too, there's a 22% gratuity and sales tax on top of it.

So yeah, not going to have any food or drink. Please eat a big breakfast or plan to leave for lunch at one of the nearby restaurants. If you must have something on you, please be discreet. If they see it, I will be fined in some way, probably.

edit: Might have some bottled water on hand, those at least are somewhat sane at ONLY $1.50 a bottle (where I can get them at Sams for 10-15 cents).

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #250 of 774
Oh and by the way, anyone who will need a hotel needs to be looking now. Prices are already creeping up for the motorcycle race.

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #251 of 774
Quote:
Got an email from the coordinator with a price list for snacks and drinks. Wowzers... if you thought movie theaters were high, prepare for a new level of astonishment. Coffee, $38 per gallon, Fruit punch, $28 per gallon, a full day cookie and brownie service is $11 per person, so for 50 people that's $550 for cookies and brownies.. What!! It gets better too, there's a 22% gratuity and sales tax on top of it.

So yeah, not going to have any food or drink. Please eat a big breakfast or plan to leave for lunch at one of the nearby restaurants. If you must have something on you, please be discreet. If they see it, I will be fined in some way, probably.

edit: Might have some bottled water on hand, those at least are somewhat sane at ONLY $1.50 a bottle (where I can get them at Sams for 10-15 cents).

Looks like we'll be tailgating for lunch.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #252 of 774
There are lots of restaurants with in walking distance.  

One of my favorite Thai places is right across the street.  There is lots of quick food as well.  And then Hopdoddies is also walking distance, which serves amazing burgers and good beer, but the line can be an hour long during prime time.  Since we'll be closing up early before dinner time, I would suggest we hit it up afterward for dinner for those who want to stick around.  It is hard to sit large groups there, so we might have to separate into sub groups if lots of people want to go there.

Or for a more typical sit down place, there is cover 3 which is good.  They also have a large upstairs area which we can reserve if we plan to have 15-20 people at dinner.  But I expect most people will pack up and go home.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #253 of 774
In previous years there are usually maybe...5 people at the meet end time. Hopefully more stick around this time. I wouldn't mind going out to eat with some people afterwards.

Quote:
There are lots of restaurants with in walking distance.  

One of my favorite Thai places is right across the street.  There is lots of quick food as well.  And then Hopdoddies is also walking distance, which serves amazing burgers and good beer, but the line can be an hour long during prime time.  Since we'll be closing up early before dinner time, I would suggest we hit it up afterward for dinner for those who want to stick around.  It is hard to sit large groups there, so we might have to separate into sub groups if lots of people want to go there.

Or for a more typical sit down place, there is cover 3 which is good.  They also have a large upstairs area which we can reserve if we plan to have 15-20 people at dinner.  But I expect most people will pack up and go home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back