3rd Annual Austin, Texas Spring Meet - March 2nd, 2013
Dec 31, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #166 of 774
Hey Slaughter, I dont have you on the list, are you interested in coming?

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #167 of 774
I'm planning on bringing my HE-400s and my ALO National. I'd be happy to bring either some Grado 325is or an Audioquest Dragonfly if anyone is particularly interested in hearing either of those.

Oh, and I like this burnet and anderson location. Just my opinion. Totally open to any other part of Austin if a better spot shows up.

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #170 of 774
I live quite close to there. I could try and go by and take some pictures and stuff in the next couple of weeks before the semester starts.

That is, unless someone else would rather do it. I don't have a fancy camera though. Just an iphone.

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #172 of 774
My contact there is supposed to send me pictures, but if you want you can take some as well. Mostly what I am concerned about is power, also I need to know if there are any spots along the walls where there is a protrusion and how much space might be best from the doors to the first set of tables. Currently I have about 6 feet from door to table. At most I can move them back about 2-3 feet, no more.

And yes, Thunder fan, but not too crazy. I watch them when they are on and I'm not doing anything, but I don't go out of my way to catch games. I've only been to one game, last year during the playoffs. It was pretty good. Chesapeake Arena is NUTS.

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #173 of 774
Quote:
But of course if anybody has an Orpheus that would be greatly appreciated too :wink:

Baby Orpheus... with a way better amp.

Travis, my gear is in the sig.

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #174 of 774
I'm planning on bringing my HE-400s and my ALO National. I'd be happy to bring either some Grado 325is or an Audioquest Dragonfly if anyone is particularly interested in hearing either of those.

Oh, and I like this burnet and anderson location. Just my opinion. Totally open to any other part of Austin if a better spot shows up.
I'd like to try the Dragonfly, it seems like a really cool device.

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #175 of 774
My contact there is supposed to send me pictures, but if you want you can take some as well. Mostly what I am concerned about is power, also I need to know if there are any spots along the walls where there is a protrusion and how much space might be best from the doors to the first set of tables. Currently I have about 6 feet from door to table. At most I can move them back about 2-3 feet, no more.
And yes, Thunder fan, but not too crazy. I watch them when they are on and I'm not doing anything, but I don't go out of my way to catch games. I've only been to one game, last year during the playoffs. It was pretty good. Chesapeake Arena is NUTS.

Just let me know after they send you the pictures. If you still can't get a good gauge on the room, then I'll swing by and take a look.

And yes, Chesapeake Arena is absurdly loud when I watch the games. Can't even imagine how it would be in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back