safeandsound1
gopanthersgo1
LarryS
runeight (Alex Cavalli)
ho1ysword
betelguese05
bkelleher
Audie

Some will undoubtedly not have rigs with them and some will no-show, so we still have plenty of room to grow in the next 3 months. With the current arrangement in the yet to be secured Pecan room we have 48 spots, 6 of which are reserved for vendors, currently.

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #138 of 774
Is anyone bringing a D7000? I've been dying to hear one, as well as an AD700. :)

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #139 of 774
Double, sorry. :frowning2:

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #140 of 774
Just realized several of the Houston/San Antonio guys aren't on that list.

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #141 of 774
Think we might need to officially call Chris head organizer and I can co chair this year. :D

Well, co-chair, how's about rolling by Norris Conference Center in the next few days and giving it a once-over? Gotta earn them stripes :wink:

--

At $725 room fee and ~40 attendees currently we're looking at a $20 bill to walk in the door.

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #142 of 774
Sounds reasonable. 

I'm off next on the 1st, so if I can stand up or go outside without my head splitting in two I'll see if I can get down there. :wink:

Quote:
Well, co-chair, how's about rolling by Norris Conference Center in the next few days and giving it a once-over? Gotta earn them stripes
wink.gif

--
At $725 room fee and ~40 attendees currently we're looking at a $20 bill to walk in the door.

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #143 of 774
Well I would imagine they would be closed on January 1st, though being an event hosting center, perhaps not. I'll email my contact there.

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #145 of 774
Interesting meeting place I just ran across while looking at hotels in the area. The UT Commons atriums are big and cheap. The page says non-UT prices.. so I'm guessing that's for public? This thing says 11,000 sq ft and for only $175 for a full day?? Am i reading this right?

http://www.utexas.edu/commons/rooms/commons/commonsatrium.php
http://www.utexas.edu/commons/rooms/commons_non.php

1.jpg

2.jpg

commonslayout2011.gif

The two atriums (same hallway) in the other building are similarly sized (combined ~10,000 sq ft) and about twice the price as the other atrium, but are basically a wide long hallway, which could be an advantage for sound dispersion (check out the very high ceiling) as well as the carpeted floors absorbing sound compared to the tile floor in the other atrium.

This hallway is a price of $350 combined.

1.jpg

wprlayout_july2010.gif

My only worry with an atrium is.. are these areas in use during our event? Will people be walking through our area to get to other parts of the building?

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #146 of 774
That...looks right to me...but that's insane. Jesus what would we even do with 11,000sqft?

Either way, that definitely looks like a good option, though with prices like that I wonder what the list is like?

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #147 of 774
Looking at their Policies & Procedures page, there are definitely some concerns that would need to be addressed beforehand.

First thing is that someone will have to convince them that this is educational, which shouldn't be too difficult (because, hey, it IS educational... to us :p), so no big deal there.

Second thing is that no one will be able to sell anything at all if we have it there.

Third thing is that someone will need to check to see if the "Staffing Fee" and "Weekend Custodial Fee" are optional, because it doesn't sound like they are based on the way they have it worded there. If they aren't, then we really wouldn't be saving any money at all, once you factor everything in.

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #148 of 774
Ah, I hadn't gone that far yet. Thanks for checking it out. There's a few too many uncertainties about the UT facility. Looks like we're back to Norris.

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #149 of 774
Also with anything around the campus, parking may be an issue (proximity to load gear). The further away from campus, I'm thinking, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back