[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 18, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #6,946 of 7,442
LOL Lee will just screw you. Don't expect a refund. He'll just ignore you and hope the case goes away and you do nothing. 

Are you trying to derail the thread friend? Please just stop! If you have problems with Lee please use pm instead of misleading people with your offensive responses. Your posts are really irritating me.

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #6,947 of 7,442
They are telling me to contact Aliexpress about the late shipment, I paid for the product but I didn't ship it to Ali to ship out, so that doesn't seem like my problem.

If you picked the default shipping method, that's AliExpress shipping. Opening a dispute is the right thing to do, and it's down to AliExpress to sort, provided VE have dispatched it. I wouldn't worry, you're doing things right.

I'm a bit confused about the pasting information from the help page? I won't bother though, it doesn't sound important.

However, thanks for me letting know about the chat on the App! I found one on the help section of their website too! Awesome! :p

I wasn't sure if the help page info would help, but I just pasted it in case you hadn't spotted it. I think what it's saying is you just need to wait and they will escalate it. It isn't the clearest help page I've ever read (clearer than my post though :)

Yep, I'd go for the live chat option, I'm sure you'll get sorted, as the issue is that it didn't arrive in the timescales.

If you reorder a Monk+ using the veclan site directly, that gives E-Packet as an option which might be better for you from what you've said previously

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #6,948 of 7,442
Yep, I'd go for the live chat option, I'm sure you'll get sorted, as the issue is that it didn't arrive in the timescales.

If you reorder a Monk+ using the veclan site directly, that gives E-Packet as an option which might be better for you.

Everything worked out on live chat, I will just keep waiting for the dispute to finish.

In terms of e-packet, you can get that on Aliexpress too. I was a newbie when I ordered my Monks from VEClan and didn't know how to change the shipping option and I lost out (still waiting 70 days later). I've figured everything out now. :wink:

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #6,949 of 7,442
Everything worked out on live chat, I will just keep waiting for the dispute to finish.

In terms of e-packet, you can get that on Aliexpress too. I was a newbie when I ordered my Monks from VEClan and didn't know how to change the shipping option and I lost out (still waiting 70 days later). I've figured everything out now. :wink:

Good stuff! And yes changing the shipping options is possibly the least obvious thing on the AliExpress app, I always forget to even check.

Mar 18, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #6,950 of 7,442

LOL Lee will just screw you. Don't expect a refund. He'll just ignore you and hope the case goes away and you do nothing. 

I hope not, at that point I just wouldn't buy his products anymore. But right now, it looks likee they aren't trying to be of much help.

They are telling me to contact Aliexpress about the late shipment, I paid for the product but I didn't ship it to Ali to ship out, so that doesn't seem like my problem.

Did you buy directly from VE or AliExpress? If from AliExpress, VE/Lee shouldn't be involved. AliExpress will handle problems.

Mar 18, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #6,951 of 7,442
  It looks like my Monk+ order has gone missing. :frowning2:

VE is telling me to contact Aliexpress, I'm assuming to give me a refund. How do I do contact them? Don't they just see my Dispute and intervene? Or, do I need to send them an e-mail? Thanks.

You're in Canada? When I ordered them last year, they took 2.5 months to arrive, I never thought they would and was pleasantly surprised, it's super-slow in terms of shipping to Canada.

If you got the ePacket instead of standard AliExpress shipping though then it's a bit faster.

Mar 18, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #6,952 of 7,442

You're in Canada? When I ordered them last year, they took 2.5 months to arrive, I never thought they would and was pleasantly surprised, it's super-slow in terms of shipping to Canada.

If you got the ePacket instead of standard AliExpress shipping though then it's a bit faster.

Thanks for letting me know. Aliexpress told me to wait as well, and I will... :frowning2: I wonder why Canada is so strict? It seems Americans get things really fast.

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #6,953 of 7,442
  Thanks for letting me know. Aliexpress told me to wait as well, and I will... :frowning2: I wonder why Canada is so strict? It seems Americans get things really fast.

Our postal system doesn't bother checking what anything is, unless someone's having a bad day! 
biggrin.gif

I bought something on eBay from Montreal, it shipped 9am on the 16th and is already in my city. (granted that's only 6 hours by car total but still)

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #6,955 of 7,442
The Espresso Edition is a nice addition to the Monk Plus family - a more caffeine-induced implication compared to the sweet-like Candy Edition.

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #6,956 of 7,442

I got mine some time ago from Ali and waited 2 months until the postman was ringing at my door probably I should had bought them through the VE site. Ali's delivery times have been disappointing me on my latest acquisitions.

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #6,957 of 7,442
  I should had bought them through the VE site. Ali's delivery times have been disappointing me on my latest acquisitions.

Interesting. I never thought that VE orders would be faster from their website, but just learned how Aliexpress ships order and it seems weird and lengthy.

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #6,959 of 7,442
  Has anyone tried the Monk's with mic as a gaming headset?  I'm looking to buy some earbuds with a mic and im a fan of the Monk+ but not sure about the quality of the mic.

Thanks for any shared experiences :)

I've used it as a headset for my phone, and no one complained about understanding me. I only used it for one day like this though, as I ended up modding my Monks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back