[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 13, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #6,933 of 7,442
  I don't eared any difference

I looks great! Not surprised the sq is the same. Lee doesn't skimp on the copper used in the cables of the Monk+! It's very thick for a budget earbud, and braided and premium plug is a nice upgrade.

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #6,936 of 7,442
This is embarassing but I dropped my original Monks into my coffee lol so the bass is gone from the one side I dropped in lol. Anyways, guess I'll pick up the Monk+, is there any downside to the quality of wiring on the one that has the three button Android thing on it?

Also with the original Monks, I really liked them but I found the treble to be a bit high, the singer's voice would hiss a bit too much for my liking (putting the foam on and playing with the EQ helped). Are the Monk+ okay with that or is there a similar alternative to get that same crisp clear sound minus the high treble?

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #6,937 of 7,442
This is embarassing but I dropped my original Monks into my coffee lol so the bass is gone from the one side I dropped in lol. Anyways, guess I'll pick up the Monk+, is there any downside to the quality of wiring on the one that has the three button Android thing on it?

Also with the original Monks, I really liked them but I found the treble to be a bit high, the singer's voice would hiss a bit too much for my liking (putting the foam on and playing with the EQ helped). Are the Monk+ okay with that or is there a similar alternative to get that same crisp clear sound minus the high treble?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/812853/absolute-best-budget-earbuds

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #6,939 of 7,442

Monk+ has less sharp treble and should fit your tastes. Asura 2.0 is said to be vocal centric. You can check them also.

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #6,940 of 7,442
Asura is one of my favorites..... but it really sounds so stuffy and not impressive at all without serious amplification.

With an amp that can do 4W RMS or better, they'll truly shine.

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #6,941 of 7,442
It looks like my Monk+ order has gone missing. :frowning2:

VE is telling me to contact Aliexpress, I'm assuming to give me a refund. How do I do contact them? Don't they just see my Dispute and intervene? Or, do I need to send them an e-mail? Thanks.

Mar 18, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #6,943 of 7,442
It looks like my Monk+ order has gone missing. :frowning2:

VE is telling me to contact Aliexpress, I'm assuming to give me a refund. How do I do contact them? Don't they just see my Dispute and intervene? Or, do I need to send them an e-mail? Thanks.

Assuming you've raised a dispute, have pasted below what's on the help page (never done it myself).

If in doubt though it looks like you can do live chat (in the app when you go into customer service, there is a 'live chat' button near the bottom of the page.

What the help page says:

What will happen after I've opened a dispute?
After you've opened your dispute, the seller will be notified and gets 5 days to reply to your request. For more details on your dispute, please check the order details.

- If the seller agrees with your request or if he/she doesn't reply within 5 days, you will automatically get your refund. This can take between 3 to 15 working days.

- If the seller doesn't agree with your refund request, you can propose a new solution or wait for us to automatically escalate your dispute. In this case we will help you look into the matter and try to find a suitable solution.

- If you escalated your dispute and haven't received an update for a long time, please get in touch service team for your case.

Mar 18, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #6,944 of 7,442
  LOL Lee will just screw you. Don't expect a refund. He'll just ignore you and hope the case goes away and you do nothing. 

I hope not, at that point I just wouldn't buy his products anymore. But right now, it looks likee they aren't trying to be of much help.

They are telling me to contact Aliexpress about the late shipment, I paid for the product but I didn't ship it to Ali to ship out, so that doesn't seem like my problem.

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #6,945 of 7,442
Assuming you've raised a dispute, have pasted below what's on the help page (never done it myself).

If in doubt though it looks like you can do live chat (in the app when you go into customer service, there is a 'live chat' button near the bottom of the page.

I'm a bit confused about the pasting information from the help page? I won't bother though, it doesn't sound important.

However, thanks for me letting know about the chat on the App! I found one on the help section of their website too! Awesome! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back