[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 10, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #6,916 of 7,442
I found a nice niche for my espresso's: I use them as a "warm up" so that my other earbuds sound better, or after to reinforce how good my other earbuds sound. It gives me a strong sense of appreciation for the monk+ and she3800's.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #6,918 of 7,442
  I found a nice niche for my espresso's: I use them as a "warm up" so that my other earbuds sound better, or after to reinforce how good my other earbuds sound. It gives me a strong sense of appreciation for the monk+ and she3800's.

That sounds totally confusing. I think we need a more clear explanation of what you're doing.

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #6,919 of 7,442
  That sounds totally confusing. I think we need a more clear explanation of what you're doing.

I guess he is picking something he doesn't like the sound of first, so that he is more appreciative of the good qualities of the buds he likes more. It's like getting half a sandwich at Subway and the other half at Katz's Deli?

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #6,922 of 7,442
  But without any extra calories. :)

Suit yourself bud, I only eat the good stuff 
wink.gif

(The asura 2 is VERY good stuff)

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #6,924 of 7,442
I neglected to mention: the espresso's do come with a nice carrying case. Unfortunately it doesn't color coordinate with the earbuds themselves. Neither do the foam covers. Whatever.

It's the standard case, it matches those for the Asura 2 and Zen 2, so I love the fact I have a set of 3.

And the foams match really nicely IMO, like the froth on a cappuccino, I love the colour scheme.

I can understand you're annoyed, with not getting the response you wanted from VE. The Espresso Monk+ are more expensive than the plain Monk+ and so should be at least backed by the same warranty, they aren't priced as a disposable product. It must have been really frustrating, and it's clear you're still quite angry.

However you seem to be just looking for faults at this stage.

When you first posted here, you said the sound wasn't as good as the Monk+, not as much treble detail if I remember correctly - and only later acknowledged that they may have been faulty.

So, I'm not sure what you asked Lee exactly? Did you specify they were broken / faulty, and ask for a replacement?

Either way, I can see you still have an ongoing dispute, you possibly need to get back in touch with VE, be clear that they're faulty, and if you still don't get sorted, file a claim.

That would be more productive than continuing on what is coming across now more like a personal vendetta against a set of (semi) budget earbuds.

For the record, my Espresso's sound great, exactly like the Monk+, and I'm glad I got them.

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #6,925 of 7,442
My two Monk+ I ordered for someone should be coming in today! I hope they like it. I am temp'd to get the Espresso since I enjoy it.

Originally Posted by flamesofarctica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's the standard case, it matches those for the Asura 2 and Zen 2, so I love the fact I have a set of 3.

And the foams match really nicely IMO, like the froth on a cappuccino, I love the colour scheme.

I can understand you're annoyed, with not getting the response you wanted from VE. The Espresso Monk+ are more expensive than the plain Monk+ and so should be at least backed by the same warranty, they aren't priced as a disposable product. It must have been really frustrating, and it's clear you're still quite angry.

When you first posted here, you said the sound wasn't as good as the Monk+, not as much treble detail if I remember correctly - and only later acknowledged that they may have been faulty.

So, I'm not sure what you asked Lee exactly? Did you specify they were broken / faulty, and ask for a replacement?

Either way, I can see you still have an ongoing dispute, you possibly need to get back in touch with VE, be clear that they're faulty, and if you still don't get sorted, file a claim.

That would be more productive than continuing on what is coming across now more like a personal vendetta against a set of (semi) budget earbuds.

For the record, my Espresso's sound great, exactly like the Monk+, and I'm glad I got them. 

You own a Asura 2.0 correct ? Does it play well w/ Mobile Phones? Do I need an AMP for it? I have a Galaxy S5 and the Volume is usually at 70%-80% w/ Streaming Music like Spotify for the Monk+.

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #6,926 of 7,442
  My two Monk+ I ordered for someone should be coming in today! I hope they like it. I am temp'd to get the Espresso since I enjoy it.

Originally Posted by flamesofarctica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You own a Asura 2.0 correct ? Does it play well w/ Mobile Phones? Do I need an AMP for it? I have a Galaxy S5 and the Volume is usually at 70%-80% w/ Streaming Music like Spotify for the Monk+.

The Monk+ is easy to drive. You must listen to music really loud. 

Mar 13, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #6,927 of 7,442

To start, I only have a budget smartphone (Moto G4), so I'd imagine the sound would be better from the Samsung.

My phone only goes up in quite big stages (0 to 16) and I struggle with that, as one point can be the difference between a bit quiet and a bit loud.

Anyway, if I was to listen to my Monk+ on my phone it would be at around 9/16 (about 56%), to volume match with the Asura 2 that would be at around 11/16 (about 69%).

So it would go loud enough, but the sound (for me) is better from one of my music players on high gain setting. It doesn't need amping, but I'd say it probably benefits a bit from it.

So really it depends on the sound quality of your phone I'd say, but from my phone if I was to be playing purely through that, an upgrade from the Monk+ to the Asura 2 would be a bit of a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back