[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 19, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #5,236 of 7,442
Might I remind everyone that we don't do appreciation threads on Head-fi. As such, if someone comes to leave their impressions and you don't like them or agree, that's your choice. But shaming someone like this brings the community down and drives people away.

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #5,237 of 7,442
  Back to enjoying how good the monk is!
biggrin.gif

Hey now this ain't no appreciating thread either haha, but you get what I am saying right? wasn't a slight against you bud :)  it was mostly for the others who may not be familiar

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #5,238 of 7,442

Hey now this ain't no appreciating thread either haha, but you get what I am saying right? wasn't a slight against you bud :)  it was mostly for the others who may not be familiar

definitely mate!
redface.gif

p.s
i am still a newbie
tongue.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #5,239 of 7,442
Might I remind everyone that we don't do appreciation threads on Head-fi. As such, if someone comes to leave their impressions and you don't like them or agree, that's your choice. But shaming someone like this brings the community down and drives people away.

Yeah i agree no room here for appreciating threads. But i have been seeing a pattern of a specific group of individuals trying to drive attention towards this specific earbud,which is made by a direct competitor of VE, a factory that used to make stuff for VE before stealing their designs.

So hence its suspicious it keeps popping :)

No one is saying people can't post negative impressions. In fact they can post negative impressions as much as they want, in fact we all welcome discourse as its a community. No one is shaming anyone on here. I stated the rules as they apply to ALL threads. Try going to a hifiman thread and keep posting how the audeze cans are better and see how long you last there :wink:

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #5,240 of 7,442

Yeah i agree no room here for appreciating threads. But i have been seeing a pattern of a specific group of individuals trying to drive attention towards this specific earbud,which is made by a direct competitor of VE, a factory that used to make stuff for VE before stealing their designs.

So hence its suspicious it keeps popping :)

No one is saying people can't post negative impressions. In fact they can post negative impressions as much as they want, in fact we all welcome discourse as its a community. No one is shaming anyone on here. I stated the rules as they apply to ALL threads. Try going to a hifiman thread and keep posting how the audeze cans are better and see how long you last there :wink:

best is to say everything is equally good
redface.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #5,241 of 7,442

best is to say everything is equally good
redface.gif

not necessarily, by all means compare anything but it helps to give context, for example why is it better. soundstage, details? what kind of music are you testing with?

I am not saying don't compare lol, but drive by posts by others saying this or that is better not explaining why, and doing so over and over seems rather strange. You were giving context unlike the others, you said what source you used atleast :)

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #5,242 of 7,442

not necessarily, by all means compare anything but it helps to give context, for example why is it better. soundstage, details? what kind of music are you testing with?

I am not saying don't compare lol, but drive by posts by others saying this or that is better not explaining why, and doing so over and over seems rather strange. You were giving context unlike the others, you said what source you used atleast :)

let me consolidate

Monk vs Monk+ vs Hi-Z with nothing on them

Vocals: Monk

Details: Monk+

Balance: Hi-Z

Sources Used: QP1R, AK380, Shanling M3
Tracks Used: The Power of Love by Celine Dion, I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas, Photograph by Ed Sheeran, Feeling Good by Michael Buble, Blank Space by Taylor Swift, Creep by Radiohead  (FLAC)
Reflections (DSD)
beerchug.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #5,243 of 7,442
Well the Monk doesn't fair well in the washing machine I'm afraid; it's a good job they are so cheap, time to buy a couple more. If I'd destroyed an expensive headphone I wouldn't be best pleased but losing a Monk just doesn't make me feel too bad.

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #5,244 of 7,442
  Well the Monk doesn't fair well in the washing machine I'm afraid; it's a good job they are so cheap, time to buy a couple more. If I'd destroyed an expensive headphone I wouldn't be best pleased but losing a Monk just doesn't make me feel too bad.

If I like an earphone I order more as spares (including four Monk+) for this type of situation. Luckily I buy cheap ones, but if I don't have any disasters soon I'll have to re-evaluate my strategy before I run out of space!

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #5,245 of 7,442
drive by posts by others saying this or that is better not explaining why, and doing so over and over seems rather strange.

If this is aimed at me then let me be clear: Having been a Monk+ owner (and advocate) I found out about the TY from a post on this thread. I asked a few questions, decided to buy them, and liked what I heard. Since then I have initiated praise for their qualities on just two occasions, hardly 'over and over'. I have no affiliation to or knowledge of any manufacturer - I'm not interested in that, I just like budget earphones and buy them from a number of sources (so far I have about a dozen with more on the way). I apologised for any problems I caused and hoped that was the end of it. OK?

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #5,246 of 7,442
  If this is aimed at me then let me be clear: Having been a Monk+ owner (and advocate) I found out about the TY from a post on this thread. I asked a few questions, decided to buy them, and liked what I heard. Since then I have initiated praise for their qualities on just two occasions, hardly 'over and over'. I have no affiliation to or knowledge of any manufacturer - I'm not interested in that, I just like budget earphones and buy them from a number of sources (so far I have about a dozen with more on the way). I apologised for any problems I caused and hoped that was the end of it. OK?

Wilber that honestly wasnt aimed at you, its popped up before. Trust me if it was aimed at you I would be clear, I dont like being passive aggressive :) Sorry about the misunderstanding. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #5,247 of 7,442
  Wilber that honestly wasnt aimed at you, its popped up before. Trust me if it was aimed at you I would be clear, I dont like being passive aggressive :) Sorry about the misunderstanding. 

In which case I apologise, I don't know why I'm so sensitive today!
rolleyes.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #5,250 of 7,442
@Willber Your post in this thread was completely irrelevant to what we were talking about. If your not selling someting or getting some kickback then at the very least desist from sounding like you are. If anyone should be reported it should be you.

I really don't understand you guys. Everyone is free to say what he/she prefers. What is wrong with his words? He said he loves Monks but prefers TY HI-Z. Please rethink before posting here. This situation also annoys me sorry. Please calm down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back