[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 20, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #5,267 of 7,442
Two curiosities!!!

I bought some Balanced monk+ along with 1 of each of the adapters they sell, and got 2 monks in the mail. I figured the adapter cables are probably coming separately,

I got 1 darth monk and 1 balanced monk instead.... but half of the balanced monk has the ZEN shell! got excited and thought I had some weird Zen hybrid model for a moment...

Anyway, i don't want to bother lee on his email, do you guys think since i got a new tracking number which is neither of the ones I was emailed, i should wait and see the the cables show up then? And what of this strange zen/monk hybrid?

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #5,269 of 7,442
Two curiosities!!!

I bought some Balanced monk+ along with 1 of each of the adapters they sell, and got 2 monks in the mail. I figured the adapter cables are probably coming separately,

I got 1 darth monk and 1 balanced monk instead.... but half of the balanced monk has the ZEN shell! got excited and thought I had some weird Zen hybrid model for a moment...

Anyway, i don't want to bother lee on his email, do you guys think since i got a new tracking number which is neither of the ones I was emailed, i should wait and see the the cables show up then? And what of this strange zen/monk hybrid?

?? This just transparent housing

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #5,272 of 7,442
@zhibli06
Hey Lee!  How about a swirl color like you see in some of the CIEMs (Noble).  Maybe a blue swirl.  I'm not sure if that is something you could do. I personally think that would be cool. 

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #5,273 of 7,442

New toys just arrived... Darth for the wifey and now burning in my Balanced....awesome!!!
L3000.gif

Nice setup!  I'm waiting for my balanced Monks.  They will also be paired with the Fiio X7 AM3.

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #5,274 of 7,442
Two curiosities!!!

Strange... My Zens have their website on them and not "Zen."  Maybe you lucked out and it's like finding a defective coin.  It's a collectors item.  haha

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #5,275 of 7,442

Strange... My Zens have their website on them and not "Zen."  Maybe you lucked out and it's like finding a defective coin.  It's a collectors item.  haha

Are your Zen white or transparent? My zen 2 was transparent with the website on them.
 I think I have a collectors item, yeah :wink:

@zhibli06
Hey Lee!  How about a swirl color like you see in some of the CIEMs (Noble).  Maybe a blue swirl.  I'm not sure if that is something you could do. I personally think that would be cool. 

Green and pink!

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #5,276 of 7,442

Are your Zen white or transparent? My zen 2 was transparent with the website on them.
 I think I have a collectors item, yeah :wink:

Cool! Having a unique pair like that is pretty neat. 

Yeah, mine are the clear Zen 2s.

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #5,277 of 7,442
Quote:
  Congrats! Very cool indeed. I will be looking forward to your impressions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just did a very quick comparison between my Reds and Balanced. Volume match as best as my ears can. Main improvement is again on soundstage and layering - staging is a bit of an improvement, the music sounds like it's 3/4 around my head versus to around 1/4 on the Reds (It's a crude way of explaining it).

Nice setup!  I'm waiting for my balanced Monks.  They will also be paired with the Fiio X7 AM3.

beerchug.gif

Aug 21, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #5,278 of 7,442
The monk is 15mm driver, right?
so these wouldn't work... http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/PK-Earphone-Cover-A8-PK1-PK2-PK3-DIY-Headphone-Shell-Cover/1203111_2027342576.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back