[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 18, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #5,210 of 7,442
Thinking of going back to wearing earbuds for a while. I miss the size and comfort in comparison to the headphones I usually wear. I did used to have a pair of Yuin Pk2 which actually I loved. I wonder if the monk + is as good as the Pk2 would anyone know or maybe I should stick with what I know. 

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #5,211 of 7,442
  Thinking of going back to wearing earbuds for a while. I miss the size and comfort in comparison to the headphones I usually wear. I did used to have a pair of Yuin Pk2 which actually I loved. I wonder if the monk + is as good as the Pk2 would anyone know or maybe I should stick with what I know. 

The yuin series probably has better detail than the monk+, it's been a while since i heard a PK2 last, it is definitely better at being good at everything than the yuin is. the yuins never made good all arounders IMO. the monk is great with everything

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #5,212 of 7,442
I read the whole PK2 thread before I purchased and they turned out pretty much exactly as expected only the cable kept breaking at the jack so I'm reluctant to buy another pair. I've ordered the monk+ and if they turn out to be as good as the pk2 or better then I'll be very happy especially at this price point : )

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #5,213 of 7,442
  I read the whole PK2 thread before I purchased and they turned out pretty much exactly as expected only the cable kept breaking at the jack so I'm reluctant to buy another pair. I've ordered the monk+ and if they turn out to be as good as the pk2 or better then I'll be very happy especially at this price point : )

I love my Monk+ but I prefer my TY Hi-Z 32...

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #5,215 of 7,442
Not sure why I keep seeing Hi-Z stuff mentioned here so often. It's pretty clear the Monk has won the war so far when it comes to price-to-performance earbuds.

Anyways, I have a bunch of different Monks now and I have to say I'm leaning towards the balanced (2.5mm) one, with the 3.5mm adapter. There's a slight refinement to my ears, with more space in the mix. 

Does anyone else have them? Willing to share your thoughts? 

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #5,216 of 7,442
  Not sure why I keep seeing Hi-Z stuff mentioned here so often. It's pretty clear the Monk has won the war so far when it comes to price-to-performance earbuds.

I just prefer the Hi-Z regardless of reputations.

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #5,217 of 7,442

I just prefer the Hi-Z regardless of reputations.

You're entitled to what you prefer, but it looks a little suspicious to me that you keep popping in this thread to mention Hi-Z. 

With how competitive the Chinese audio industry is, I wouldn't be surprised if money changed hand for subliminal marketing such as this, hypothetically, seems.

Wake me up when Hi-Z sell 3500 + 5300 earbuds on Massdrop.

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #5,218 of 7,442
  You're entitled to what you prefer, but it looks a little suspicious to me that you keep popping in this thread to mention Hi-Z. 

With how competitive the Chinese audio industry is, I wouldn't be surprised if money changed hand for subliminal marketing such as this, hypothetically, seems.

Wake me up when Hi-Z sell 3500 + 5300 earbuds on Massdrop.

I FIND THAT EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE

Look at my posts on the KZ and Earbud threads, I have a wide interest. If you don't retract your insinuation I shall report it, it's totally out of order.

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #5,219 of 7,442
I FIND THAT EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE

Look at my posts on the KZ and Earbud threads, I have a wide interest. If you don't retract your insinuation I shall report it, it's totally out of order.
just, go to earbuds thread. Done :hushed:

Or made your thread TY Hi-Z

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #5,220 of 7,442
@Willber Your post in this thread was completely irrelevant to what we were talking about. If your not selling someting or getting some kickback then at the very least desist from sounding like you are. If anyone should be reported it should be you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back