[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 18, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #5,194 of 7,442
In my experience, you get a tracking number in maybe 3 days after ordering, but the tracking number isn't active and it will only say there isn't such a tracking number.

Then after 2+ weeks, the tracking number gets activated and the package shipped.

To answer your question, and i'm just speculating, i think they sent orders immediately.

I just ordered 1x balanced Monk, 1 darth with ex pack, 1 adapter cable, and it is now the end of the third day where the order says "awaiting shipment" with no further communication
Will let u know when status changes.

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #5,195 of 7,442

In my experience, you get a tracking number in maybe 3 days after ordering, but the tracking number isn't active and it will only say there isn't such a tracking number.

Then after 2+ weeks, the tracking number gets activated and the package shipped.

To answer your question, and i'm just speculating, i think they sent orders immediately.

I just ordered 1x balanced Monk, 1 darth with ex pack, 1 adapter cable, and it is now the end of the third day where the order says "awaiting shipment" with no further communication
Will let u know when status changes.

first of all , if u r ordering them without tracking , then ur shipping status will never change.

if u r ordering with e-Packet, they are literally downsides of our office, u r going to get an update normally 48 hours ,and the tracking is live the same day, same goes with EMS~ both are really fast.

if u r shipping with hk airmail or other airmail with tracking, then it takes us 4-5days to ship the package first to our forwarder in Shenzhen,
and in the case of hk airmail, then from shenzhen to hk, so it is quite normal for u to get a update on the tracking in 7-10days , depends on how busy hk post is.

we don't own any shipping company, what we can do is to ship them out as soon as possible, but after they r shipped, we can not influence it in any real way. 

and always use 17track.net to trace them, best site for tracking imho.

Cheers

Lee

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #5,196 of 7,442
Aug 18, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #5,198 of 7,442

first of all , if u r ordering them without tracking , then ur shipping status will never change.

if u r ordering with e-Packet, they are literally downsides of our office, u r going to get an update normally 48 hours ,and the tracking is live the same day, same goes with EMS~ both are really fast.

if u r shipping with hk airmail or other airmail with tracking, then it takes us 4-5days to ship the package first to our forwarder in Shenzhen,
and in the case of hk airmail, then from shenzhen to hk, so it is quite normal for u to get a update on the tracking in 7-10days , depends on how busy hk post is.

we don't own any shipping company, what we can do is to ship them out as soon as possible, but after they r shipped, we can not influence it in any real way. 

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee

I placed an order for all your adapter cables on 8-13 and selected e-packet and my status still says Awaiting Shipment.  Do you have these in stock?

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #5,199 of 7,442

I suppose I can talk about it now that it's been announced.

I've had a Monk Plus braided for about two or so months now. After checking out my reviews, Lee decided that he wanted some honest feedback regarding it - which I always provide for better or worse. Upon opening the packet, I was startled by just how fetching the braided cable looked. I had expected a stiff and rigid cable, like the one that came with my Hifiman HE-500. This was much more flexible and didn't seem cheap or plasticky at all.

The sound? I was surprised at first but it just sounded warmer to me. If I had to simplify how it sounds, I'd say it's somewhere in between the original Monk and the Monk Plus - but more towards to refinement of the Monk Plus. I quickly found myself reaching for it, and it's become a favourite of mine over the standard even. 

Would I recommend it? Yeah. As Lee said before, I personally advised that he keep the black cable that mine has, but he wanted something unique. I respect wanting to stick out in this industry so I'm glad he went with his choice. Also, as you can see from comparing mine to the official photos, the splitter and jack look far nicer quality now. I'm also told that it's 55x0.05 4n ofc per channel instead of my 30x0.06 - so some extra work has gone into it since.

I look forward to hearing the new one. It's an exciting time for VE. Cheers Lee and kk. 

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #5,200 of 7,442

I suppose I can talk about it now that it's been announced.

I've had a Monk Plus braided for about two or so months now. After checking out my reviews, Lee decided that he wanted some honest feedback regarding it - which I always provide for better or worse. Upon opening the packet, I was startled by just how fetching the braided cable looked. I had expected a stiff and rigid cable, like the one that came with my Hifiman HE-500. This was much more flexible and didn't seem cheap or plasticky at all.

The sound? I was surprised at first but it just sounded warmer to me. If I had to simplify how it sounds, I'd say it's somewhere in between the original Monk and the Monk Plus - but more towards to refinement of the Monk Plus. I quickly found myself reaching for it, and it's become a favourite of mine over the standard even. 

Would I recommend it? Yeah. As Lee said before, I personally advised that he keep the black cable that mine has, but he wanted something unique. I respect wanting to stick out in this industry so I'm glad he went with his choice. Also, as you can see from comparing mine to the official photos, the splitter and jack look far nicer quality now. I'm also told that it's 55x0.05 4n ofc per channel instead of my 30x0.06 - so some extra work has gone into it since.

I look forward to hearing the new one. It's an exciting time for VE. Cheers Lee and kk. 

I'm guessing this is the same as the one that Lee shared on FB but this has a black cable. I am glad it's warmer now I want it even more :D

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #5,201 of 7,442

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee

I placed an order for all your adapter cables on 8-13 and selected e-packet and my status still says Awaiting Shipment.  Do you have these in stock?

if we list them 

then they r in stock.

u can email me of ur ordering number @ geargeeksp@qq.com

Cheers

Lee

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #5,203 of 7,442
I just joined the club, and got the Monk in the mail yesterday.

I went for the expansion pack, but probably shouldn't have because I don't even know how to put those plastic/rubber rings around the earphones.  Instead, I should have just gotten an extra pair.

Man, the hype is real!  These things are great for $5!  I would say they are great even for $50.  I have heard my share of IEMs, and nothing is even close to this for bang-for-buck ratio.

The sound is balanced, with enough bass to make this a very enjoyable earphone.  There is some grain in the sound, but it's $5!

Love this thing.  Only thing I'd improve is comfort and fit.  Other than that, I can't think of anything to improve upon these earphones for the price.

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #5,204 of 7,442
Hello all state that I am not very experienced in the field, but I received the monk there and I must say that I expected much more.
Is the sound is neutral and pleasant but the pitch is a disaster it is as if the sound was canned.

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #5,205 of 7,442
  Hello all state that I am not very experienced in the field, but I received the monk there and I must say that I expected much more.
Is the sound is neutral and pleasant but the pitch is a disaster it is as if the sound was canned.

have you tried putting the foams on? when i first fired these babies, the treble was a bit peaky for me too, putting the foams helps in taming them. SQ will settle the more you use the buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back