[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Apr 19, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #3,106 of 7,442
Japanese review Monk Plus
s-DSC02076.jpg

The Monk+ had to trade some of the openness and transparency of the Monk to achieve a more neutral sound. So, no Monk+ for me, because that´s exactly what I love so much about the Monk. Airy sound is more important for me than bass. I also love the character of the Monk too much. There are already too many neutral sounding earbuds around imo. Anyway, good job, Lee and KK!  
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #3,109 of 7,442
Anyone buying the Monk+ from Australia? It took 10 days and the tracking does not update anything. Should I be worried or nah?

With the sheer volume of the orders and small size of the company, I would not worry. Mine left the warehouse 3 days ago after almost 5 days in processing bound for the US. I believe Lee has well over 2000+ orders to process. Ali shows 4521 orders, so take that as you may.

Makes the waiting exciting!

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #3,110 of 7,442
With the sheer volume of the orders and small size of the company, I would not worry. Mine left the warehouse 3 days ago after almost 5 days in processing bound for the US. I believe Lee has well over 2000+ orders to process. Ali shows 4521 orders, so take that as you may.

Makes the waiting exciting!

If you actually read my post my unit is already shipped like 10 days ago by EMS, and i'm wondering if it take that long to get here..

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #3,111 of 7,442
If you actually read my post my unit is already shipped like 10 days ago by EMS, and i'm wondering if it take that long to get here..

I actually did read your post. I would still not be worried. I have had orders say they are shipped (such as in my post), and be "lost in space" with no notification as to where they are. They arrived two weeks later.

When my last pair of Monks shipped, I did not receive any notification once they left the "warehouse" until I opened my mailbox, two weeks later.

I failed to communicate that properly to you. I apologize for that, but I did read & answer your question...don't worry.

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #3,113 of 7,442
I actually did read your post. I would still not be worried. I have had orders say they are shipped (such as in my post), and be "lost in space" with no notification as to where they are. They arrived two weeks later.

When my last pair of Monks shipped, I did not receive any notification once they left the "warehouse" until I opened my mailbox, two weeks later.

I failed to communicate that properly to you. I apologize for that, but I did read & answer your question...don't worry.

yea that's cool I appreciate the information, I'm already aware of that but I thought EMS is supposed to be fast shipping, normally AE standard shipping would take somewhere around 2 weeks tho :D 

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #3,115 of 7,442
The Monk+ had to trade some of the openness and transparency of the Monk to achieve a more neutral sound. So, no Monk+ for me, because that´s exactly what I love so much about the Monk. Airy sound is more important for me than bass. I also love the character of the Monk too much. There are already too many neutral sounding earbuds around imo. Anyway, good job, Lee and KK!  :D  

I find the Monk+ to be more airy than the old Monk while the Monk being more bassy. Soundstage seems to be a little narrower but this comes with a more neutral natural presentation along with more extension on treble. Definitely loving what I hear on the Monk+ :thumbsup:

Comparison to the Monk is coming soon.

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #3,116 of 7,442
I find the Monk+ to be more airy than the old Monk while the Monk being more bassy. Soundstage seems to be a little narrower but this comes with a more neutral natural presentation along with more extension on treble. Definitely loving what I hear on the Monk+ :thumbsup:

Comparison to the Monk is coming soon.

Still using the 75 ohm adapter on the Monk+, huh?! 
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #3,117 of 7,442
Still using the 75 ohm adapter on the Monk+, huh?! :wink: :D

Nope I compared them both in stock form and with the new blue/red foams lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back