[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 21, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #2,327 of 7,442
Haha, I just got a set of rubber rings from the UK from a Sennheiser spare parts store. I'll gladly get the monk expansion package though. I bought a bunch of monks and an Asura only a week or so ago too! i'll just have to order extra monks...

PS I like the name of the package. Anyone else think of this when they saw the name, though?
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #2,329 of 7,442
Need some advice - I ordered three pairs and have listened to two of them so far. They sound completely different. The first one is nice and full, but the second one has no body to the sound and has a much brighter, thinner sound. I wouldn't have a problem with the first one, but they are unbalanced; the bass/low mids are much louder on the right side than the left. This seems too inconsistent, what should I do?

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #2,330 of 7,442
Need some advice - I ordered three pairs and have listened to two of them so far. They sound completely different. The first one is nice and full, but the second one has no body to the sound and has a much brighter, thinner sound. I wouldn't have a problem with the first one, but they are unbalanced; the bass/low mids are much louder on the right side than the left. This seems too inconsistent, what should I do?

Did you try to contact with Lee (the seller) about your problem?

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #2,331 of 7,442
You cannot really know how good your Monk until you pair them with an 75ohm adapter cable. I will repeat this as much as I can because you Monk owners are seriously missing something! :wink:

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #2,333 of 7,442
And what exactly does it do to the sound quality ?

Adds more sparkle and extension on bass and treble. Makes the vocals clearer with more airy presentation. Also slightly improves the soundstage. If someone here ever listened ER4P and ER4S, Monk with 75 ohm sounds like an ER4S. :wink:

Mar 22, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #2,338 of 7,442
I'd like to try it, why not. The trial would cost peanuts. I'm thinking of getting some 75ohm resistors and attaching each in series with the two channel lines. If intrigues me I may go for a real product. 

I spent some time thinking about effect of a series resistor on sound, since @ozkan started posting impressions about the impedance adapter. IMO the added depth of field, neutrality and detailed highs are all effect of 'starving' the driver. It's not difficult to assume that a power starved driver would somewhat attenuate low freq response (because it requires most diaphragm movement,  hence more power). 

I may be wrong though, just my 2 cents on this.

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #2,339 of 7,442

email me with your order number 

@ geargeeksp@qq.com 

we always take care of our own

Cheers 

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back