[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 19, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #2,296 of 7,442
I appreciate taking time for writing a detailed review, but don't tell me you assessed a defective/imbalanced pair of Monk for this review. 

Sorry but I'll have to completely ignore this review because of this reason. I don't even get why didn't you open the other 3 monks that you did have. It just doesn't make sense to rate a product based on some random faulty unit. 

Sorry if I sounded rude.
+1, this strange compare.. :wink:

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #2,297 of 7,442
After some experimenting, I found the perfect way to get the best sound from the monks with the donuts. It´s not enough just to put them in your ears and turn them toward the front. I liked that, but when I put them in my ears and then push on the top of the buds, they automatically position themselves tight to my ear canal, which results in an optimal seal. This way, the sound is much more crisp, detailed, punchy (especially the bass) and airy. Now I love them even more!  
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #2,298 of 7,442
  After some experimenting, I found the perfect way to get the best sound from the monks. It´s not enough just to hang them in your ears and turn them toward the front. I liked that, but when I hang them in my ears and then push on the top of the buds, they automatically position themselves tight to my ear canal, which results in an optimal seal. This way, the sound is much more crisp, detailed, punchy (especially the bass) and open. Now I love them even more!  
biggrin.gif

Hey indeed, thanks.

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #2,299 of 7,442
interesting pair of ears u have :p

=====

i tend to listen to my cans /iems / buds LOUD...so havent been troubled by channel imbalances much.

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #2,301 of 7,442
  After some experimenting, I found the perfect way to get the best sound from the monks with the donuts. It´s not enough just to put them in your ears and turn them toward the front. I liked that, but when I put them in my ears and then push on the top of the buds, they automatically position themselves tight to my ear canal, which results in an optimal seal. This way, the sound is much more crisp, detailed, punchy (especially the bass) and airy. Now I love them even more!  
biggrin.gif

Yup I always do that. Put in a normal way then give a little push from top. 

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #2,303 of 7,442
well it looks like we can talk about Monkosutra here - the art of finding the right position :-D

:point_up_2:Well played!

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #2,307 of 7,442
  I appreciate taking time for writing a detailed review, but don't tell me you assessed a defective/imbalanced pair of Monk for this review. 

Sorry but I'll have to completely ignore this review because of this reason. I don't even get why didn't you open the other 3 monks that you did have. It just doesn't make sense to rate a product based on some random faulty unit. 

Sorry if I sounded rude.

well, that is exactly what I thought after reading the above review, you really tested the imbalanced Monks having other pairs at hand??? let's clarify the situation! :)

Please take your time to make a proper comparison with a good pair of Monk.
wink.gif

+1, this strange compare..
wink.gif

Hi all, thanks for your responses. Here the reasons for continuing with the first unbalanced Monk unit:

Had listened to it for more than a week with all kind of sources, music, youtube, movies and so on. By this they were burned in to a good degree. Additionally I didn't want to open the other ones, as I like to give unopened gifts more :p As a last, didn't expect any changes with a balanced unit except sound-positioning in the head (from more to the right to more into the center).

But I was wrong, see the edited review and the changes and additions in brown-red text colour :).

Greetings to you :)

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #2,310 of 7,442
Almost ordering these just to try the hooks with the monks!

2016 New Original Rock Mucu Stereo Earphone Headphones Headset 3.5mm In Ear Earphone With Mic For IPhone Samsung Free Shipping
http://s.aliexpress.com/VZvE3A7R
(from AliExpress Android)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back