2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list has been finalized, and what a lineup!
Oct 7, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #257 of 340
Let's all write our username on our badge in sharpie, unless your username is your name (Warren).

Jim

Deal.
only there Friday 12-6pm myself....

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #258 of 340
Is anyone wanting to plan a time at the headfi booth to meet and do introductions/planning? I am only there Saturday so I vote for early Saturday.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #259 of 340
Last year the printers didn't finish the name tags and there was a huge backup at the desk. Very frustrating.

It looks like 10am Saturday would be a good time to get together. Either at the Head-Fi table or the lounge area in the center of the room. If it is setup like last year.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #260 of 340
When you registered you had the option of putting a 'group' name on your badge. You can put Head-fi there. That's as good as it gets, I think. No room for a username.

On my registration form the third line (after first name and second name) was "Company, Audio Society or Moniker" and in this field I put my HeadFi/Audiogon username. 

Isn't that the right place to put your screen name? 

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #261 of 340

Last year the printers didn't finish the name tags and there was a huge backup at the desk. Very frustrating.

It looks like 10am Saturday would be a good time to get together. Either at the Head-Fi table or the lounge area in the center of the room. If it is setup like last year.

It will be set up almost exactly like last year. The lounge area is just a little smaller, to accommodate two more exhibitors.

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #262 of 340
To clarify, we will be giving away a universal-fit Kaiser 10 as part of the SHaG. To add a little twist to it, John went ahead and painted this set a beautiful red, effectively making it a one-off edition that isn't available otherwise. A picture of the exact set is below and they will be on display so everyone can come by and check out what they are in for!

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #263 of 340
  On my registration form the third line (after first name and second name) was "Company, Audio Society or Moniker" and in this field I put my HeadFi/Audiogon username. 

Isn't that the right place to put your screen name? 

I did the same, so you're not alone. Hopefully it has bigger print than my actual name because nobody would recognize me by that, it's far too common.

To clarify, we will be giving away a universal-fit Kaiser 10 as part of the SHaG. To add a little twist to it, John went ahead a painted this set a beautiful red, effectively making it a one-off edition that isn't available otherwise. A picture of the exact set is below and they will be on display so everyone can come by and check out what they are in for!

OK, I'm drooling now. That's a gorgeous finish.

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #265 of 340

I did the same, so you're not alone. Hopefully it has bigger print than my actual name because nobody would recognize me by that, it's far too common.

OK, I'm drooling now. That's a gorgeous finish.

Watch where you're stepping everyone - it's a slipping hazard with all the communal drooling going on!

And if you like this picture, then your head will explode if you look at all the designs on Noble's Facebook page...

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #266 of 340
that's impressive to say the least! never thought it'd be like that. 

Even more reasons for me to go :)

Oct 7, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #268 of 340
It will be set up almost exactly like last year. The lounge area is just a little smaller, to accommodate two more exhibitors.

Nice!! Thanks for the reply.

So around 10am Saturday gather in the lounge area. Give the super secret unofficial Head-Fi gang sign for entry. :D (search the forum if you don't know what it is. )

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #269 of 340

I would prefer not to use valuable show time to hang out, but to each his own. 

Anyone up for meeting at 10:00 am Friday morning before the show? Maybe at a coffee shop or eatery at the Denver Tech Center Marriott?

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #270 of 340
In about 12 hours from now, Ima be heading over to LAX to get my flight-fi groove on.  I may be slow to respond then, apologies in advance guys.  
smile.gif

I will see you there
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I get to meet bozebuttons?  
blink.gif
  I get to meet bozebuttons!  
smile.gif
  At an event that neither of us have to organize at that... 
biggrin.gif

Count on it!  
smile.gif

Unfortunately the T10i won't be on sale at the show, sorry Senorx12562!

Good. Gives me more time to come up with an explanation as to why I need more 'phones.

Remember, it's not more, it's better.  More is just the unfortunate side effect.  
smile.gif

Any similar events happening in the Bay area soon? I'd be really interested in auditioning (universal versions of) some TOTL CIEMs.

Nope.  The Bay Area had three meets this year!  Two of which were a pretty decent size.  
redface.gif

I know I am just a noob but I am really looking forward to Friday... sense I only live about an hour away I plan to get in line early. 
biggrin.gif

Im going to be there on Friday as well, and I only live ~20 minutes away. I'll probably end up competing with you for a place in line
wink.gif

On that note, does anybody have any idea how crowded it'll be?

Originally Posted by AxelCloris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In 2011 I showed up about 20 minutes after registration had started and they had about 8 lines 2-3 people long. I waited only a couple minutes.

Oh, very nice. This must be a smaller event than I was anticipating. I work for/attend shows that range from 3k all the way up to ~70k and I was assuming attendance at RMAF would be around the 8-10k range. After a quick Google search I found that 2013 only had 3,759 attendees. If they're running 8 lines for less than 5k people then they should have good flow at registration. Thanks!

To the right of that picture is the entrance to the hotel.  What you don't see here is the line extending outside... in the rain.  Anyway, come when you can, but I suggest sooner rather than later.

can I just have noble validate all my SHaG spaces so I'm guaranteed to win these.

Lol, NO.  
tongue.gif
  But while we're on the subject, y'all should get used to looking at these:

HAVE FUN!!!  MWAHAHAHAHAHA... 
evil_smiley.gif

Nice!! Thanks for the reply.

So around 10am Saturday gather in the lounge area. Give the super secret unofficial Head-Fi gang sign for entry.
biggrin.gif
(search the forum if you don't know what it is. )

blink.gif
  Hmm, Head-Fi's search being the technological wonder that it is, Ima leave this right here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back