2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list has been finalized, and what a lineup!
Oct 6, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #226 of 340

I think this video had 24 segments shot over several days, so, during its shoot, there were several shirts worn, and even a haircut.

Shooting was also interrupted by a partial loss of my voice for a couple/few days, and a pretty rough flu all the way through (which I hope isn't obvious in the video). Many of the outtakes are simply of me having to stop to cough and blow my nose.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in Denver!

No worries Jude! The video was super helpful and glad to hear that you're feeling better. See you in a few days

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #227 of 340
I see where you're coming from thune and audiophile terms probably are vague and malleable for many of us but shouldn't be. For example "dark" should mean the same to any audiophile, by which I mean there should be fuzzy areas of crossover but broad agreement., i.e. numerous examples where everyone agrees without ambiguity.

Otherwise, there's 1. no point in any of us discussing anything on head-fi and similar forums because none of us know what we're talking about
wink.gif
2. little point developing one's own understanding with the 'language one already has': as one won't be able to meaningfully communicate with it, why not dispense with language altogether and simply listen and choose without reference to any review, impression or opinion?

I think bbmiller's idea is an excellent one, although I don't dismiss the option in point 2 above as an alternative recommendation.

Andre you need to make the long flight and have fun with us this year!....Impulse trip?  
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #228 of 340
I found Mercer's secret stash he is brining to Denver!

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #229 of 340
I will see you there
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I get to meet bozebuttons?  
blink.gif
  I get to meet bozebuttons!  
smile.gif
  At an event that neither of us have to organize at that... 
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #232 of 340
Lol the video in this thread made me laugh.. "pula" means penis in Romanian lol

*turn knob right to increase intensity* LOL!

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #234 of 340
  I don't want to wait! I want to know the guts and capabilities of the Fulla now!

no kidding!   but Jason is tight lipped so far and probably counting the pairs of socks to put into his suitcase about now....

Oct 6, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #236 of 340
If you want to bring your own music to the Rocky mountain audio Fest because you know what it sounds like and want to compare the exhibitors equipment to your own then what formats should you bring I mean what code exes, music videos yes no and medium thumb drive or CD or whatever? What about how long the musical passages would be suitable to bring?

Also do the exhibitors often have tracks to test many of their equipments capabilities. If you asked for instance do you have a track percussion instruments playing all at the same time so I can hear how your equipment works in revealing and separating base note music will they have it. Will they have the same to reveal their equipments mid frequencies etc.

Oct 6, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #237 of 340

Man, he's slow then. I finished packing yesterday. :p

ha!
I only need to load up the backpack to haul headphones and portable gear, fill up two growlers from 12degree Brewing as gifts and bust through Denver commuter traffic!
maybe I'll wear a Broncos hat to identify myself as a local.   
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #238 of 340
And the countdown begins! Looking forward to seeing everybody at RMAF this week!

As Jude said in the video, swing by the LH Labs booth at CanJam and check out our latest offerings and a few other surprises.

See you all in a few days time.

Oct 6, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #240 of 340
  If you want to bring your own music to the Rocky mountain audio Fest because you know what it sounds like and want to compare the exhibitors equipment to your own then what formats should you bring I mean what code exes, music videos yes no and medium thumb drive or CD or whatever? What about how long the musical passages would be suitable to bring?

Also do the exhibitors often have tracks to test many of their equipments capabilities. If you asked for instance do you have a track percussion instruments playing all at the same time so I can hear how your equipment works in revealing and separating base note music will they have it. Will they have the same to reveal their equipments mid frequencies etc.

Each exhibitor will have their own source situation. Bringing your own music in a variety of formats enhances the opportunity to have it played and most venues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back