2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
Aug 1, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #316 of 483
I've updated the table lists in the 2nd post :http://www.head-fi.org/t/602807/2012-headphone-meet-lax-hilton-saturday-august-18-2012-official-thread#post_8257278

Please check the list if you need a table. As of now, we are out of table space, please contact me via PM if you will need table space.

I have the following adds for attendees. Just wanted to confirm. n3rdling will update the official list (http://www.head-fi.org/t/602807/2012-headphone-meet-lax-hilton-saturday-august-18-2012-official-thread#post_8257287) in a few days. 

FearSC549
ServinginEcuador
Wfojas
njtc
gnarlsagan
mtntrance
shiorisekine
xtine
hammerfilms
rubenpp+1
klesk

Admission Fee:

$20 per adult and $8 per additional family member.
$12 for students or minors.
50 cents for people coming in out of state.

Taken at the door, but I will look into arrangements into taking payment via Paypal in advance with a discount if you do so.

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #317 of 483
Quote:
I've updated the table lists in the 2nd post :http://www.head-fi.org/t/602807/2012-headphone-meet-lax-hilton-saturday-august-18-2012-official-thread#post_8257278

Please check the list if you need a table. As of now, we are out of table space, please contact me via PM if you will need table space.

I have the following adds for attendees. Just wanted to confirm. n3rdling will update the official list (http://www.head-fi.org/t/602807/2012-headphone-meet-lax-hilton-saturday-august-18-2012-official-thread#post_8257287) in a few days. 

FearSC549
ServinginEcuador
Wfojas
njtc
gnarlsagan
mtntrance
shiorisekine
xtine
hammerfilms
rubenpp+1

Admission Fee:

Taken at the door, but I will look into arrangements into taking payment via Paypal in advance with a discount if you do so.

Im already signed up but yea i will be going and thanks for the prices

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #318 of 483
Quote:
Admission Fee:

Wow, cheap!  Thanks purrin! 
smile.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #321 of 483
Quote:
I dont really need a table and i cant pay for one atm

you get the right to have a table if you pay admission fee. but i will take you off the table list.

Quote:
I'd like to attend; it'll be my first meet. I won't be needing a table as the gear I have is already there.

got it.

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #322 of 483
Aug 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #323 of 483
I just found out that I can't go to the meet anymore. You can take me off the list.

I have Boy Scout camping on that day.. 
mad.gif
 I was really excited for this meet but it sucks I can't go anymore. Out of curiosity, how often do these meets happen every year?

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #324 of 483
Quote:
I just found out that I can't go to the meet anymore. You can take me off the list.

I have Boy Scout camping on that day.. 
mad.gif
 I was really excited for this meet but it sucks I can't go anymore. Out of curiosity, how often do these meets happen every year?

Last big one was in 2009. There was medium sized one just a few months ago at The Village. The big ones like this are to make friends and split off into smaller private or public meets. Mr. Speakers, GoldenEars, and I organized a smaller public meets in San Diego, Venice, and Irvine respectively last year.

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #325 of 483
How's it going about setting up Paypal to pay for admissions? That would be convenient for me. But I guess I can bring cash to the meet. I know someone who calls cash "the universal language of love."

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #326 of 483
Quote:
Admission Fee:  

I just now noticed that you're charging for admission to the meet - do you have permission from Jude to do that? Last I heard, only CanJam was allowed to have admission fees, not regular meets. I've never paid admission to any of the meets that I've attended around the country either, including the large ones in SoCal, NorCal, and NYC (but I have contributed to meet costs in other ways as certain organizers will attest).

Quote:
I dont really need a table and i cant pay for one atm

Unless you're a vendor, you shouldn't need to pay for a table. I'm not sure what's going on with the admission fee at this meet either - regular Head-Fiers shouldn't have to pay to attend a meet.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #327 of 483
Quote:

I just now noticed that you're charging for admission to the meet - do you have permission from Jude to do that? Last I heard, only CanJam was allowed to have admission fees, not regular meets. I've never paid admission to any of the meets that I've attended around the country either, including the large ones in SoCal, NorCal, and NYC (but I have contributed to meet costs in other ways as certain organizers will attest).

Unless you're a vendor, you shouldn't need to pay for a table. I'm not sure what's going on with the admission fee at this meet either - regular Head-Fiers shouldn't have to pay to attend a meet.

Only vendors are charged for tables.

FWIW, I think every head-fi member should pay to attend. These things aren't cheap to set-up...especially big SoCal meets in hotels in a central location.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #328 of 483
Jude is aware of the fee. Per HF rules, fees are OK to cover the cost of pay-for-use facilities. The strong probability of the fee was posted on day one on the first post. As LFF stated, these events are not cheap in LA. It should also be noted that the 2011 NorCal meet charged a fee, of which the overages were used to offset the costs of the 2012 NorCal meet, which did not require an attendance fee.

A full public accounting of where the money goes will be made. I expect a shortfall which I (and maybe one other person) will cover. The projected accounting for the meet is already available for the event organizers. They know full well that I am keeping things really tight and will pay out of my own pocket as I have done with smaller meets I've organized in the past.

This event is a little more pricey than I wanted because each table will have it's own dedicated power. Attendees will not need to purchase long extension cables which are not cheap. They will not need to fuss over who plugs into what fire hazard christmas tree power strip. In theory, there should be no more tripping over extension cables, pulling $5000 amps off the tables, etc.

Also, I did not charge the vendors a lot because I wanted this to more of a member driven event (I did not directly invite any vendors, they came to me.) However, I will do what I can to acknowledge the contributions of the vendors since they do pay a little bit more, and they do play a large part in making the meet what it is.

If there are any patrons who are willing to contribute to reduce the attendance fee of the event, please let me know!

If anyone else has any more questions which are of a delicate nature, please be considerate by PMing me rather than posting it publicly.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #330 of 483
Quote:
I think a fee is fine.

X2, and if I was flying in from out of town (like I wish I was!), I would be totally okay with $5 instead of 5¢
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back