2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
Jul 27, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #286 of 483
Quote:
jk I'm not that old of a member xD

Or you are but your memory is shot so you can't remember. 
smile.gif

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #287 of 483
Quote:

Or you are but your memory is shot so you can't remember. 
smile.gif

One's wallet health is directly proportionate to one's head-fi memory.

Kojaku

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #288 of 483
Quote:
One's wallet health is directly proportionate to one's head-fi memory.

Or inversely proportional rather, but yeah I know what you mean. 
smile.gif
  Is anyone else REALLY looking forward to this?  Or do I just have noob fever?

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #290 of 483
I'd like to RSVP!

I can bring the following:

Amp: Objective2 portable amp

DAC: ODAC

IEM's: JVC FXD80, Fisher Audio DBA-02

It's pretty minimal gear so I don't think I need even a half table. Just a general hang out spot would be okay.

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #291 of 483
Quote:
I am just glad that not all the young uns' aren't all listening to skull candy or beats.

Or that you're "glad that not all the young uns' aren't all listening to skull candy or beats" rather, but yeah I know what you mean. 
smile.gif

Oh damn, have I become a grammar nazi?  Crap, it's been a long week, I need some quality headphone time...

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #293 of 483
Quote:

Or inversely proportional rather, but yeah I know what you mean. 
smile.gif
  Is anyone else REALLY looking forward to this?  Or do I just have noob fever?

Well...as my wallet health declines so does my head-fi memory...directly proportional :)

Kojaku

Jul 27, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #295 of 483
Yeah, except for the aches and pains. I don't seem to heal like Wolverine anymore like when I was 20.

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #296 of 483
Jul 28, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #297 of 483
Quote:
Haha yes, I'm a baby head fier. I'm only 14 and entering high school this year. I'm very thankful to be one of the member of head fi at such a young age. Hmm.. I wonder who's the youngest head-fier out of the whole website..

If its any consolation, I'm still sixteen at heart. :p

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #298 of 483
Quote:
If its any consolation, I'm still sixteen at heart. :p

If it's any consolation, my wife tells me I act like I'm sixteen.

Getting psyched for the meet.  I'll also have a Schiit Lyr on the table and a second unit.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 29, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #299 of 483
Just saw the thread today and would like to attend.  Could bring anything in my signature if there is interest otherwise I will bring portable stuff and LCD-2 rev 2's.  Psyched because I was going to be in LA that week any way for some live music Dead can Dance & Phish.

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #300 of 483
Well, there's the amping issue ( I wanted to go with a centrance) and the price, where the lcd-2 was already a stretch. There's just so many variables testing real world examples make so much more sense. Is an LCD3 that much better than an LCD2 to my ears, or a VIoelectric/Schitt Bitfrost vs the Centrance Dac Mini, to my ears? This part of it may be fun for some people, but for others, its just torture, and money spent, LOL. Thats why a Canjam makes a world of difference, real world combinations from real users, and my ears. The surrounding conditions may not be idea, but the pluses are way more than the minuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back