2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
Jul 26, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #271 of 483
Quote:
Would anyone happen to be able to bring a Pico DAC/Amp to hear? I'd like to know of it can drive LCD-2s. Also, if we're talking' girlfriends then I'd need a +1 as well...
Kojaku

I have a pico dac only, and a separate pico amp only but not the pair in one.  Someone probably has the two together though.

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #272 of 483
Quote:
I have a pico dac only, and a separate pico amp only but not the pair in one.  Someone probably has the two together though.

Do you happen to know if the pico amp has the output voltage to drive LCD-2s?

Kojaku

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #274 of 483
Jul 27, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #275 of 483
For any of you who have been interested in ERS cloth as a useful component in a mod, every component in my system has some strategic bits of ERS installed. It's not easy to use well, but the kind of dynamics and high-end extension that I am getting seems to be typical of what ERS cloth can do. (I didn't install any of it myself; the guy doing the mods did it.)

It's a fabric made from weaving conductive carbon fibers together and covering them with cloth, and it absorbs RF interference, but works differently than a metal shield so it can be used in a different way. For instance it can be used to provide a type of shielding in interconnects that doesn't constrain dynamics like a metal shield can.

Jul 27, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #276 of 483
For any of you who have been interested in ERS cloth as a useful component in a mod, every component in my system has some strategic bits of ERS installed. It's not easy to use well, but the kind of dynamics and high-end extension that I am getting seems to be typical of what ERS cloth can do. (I didn't install any of it myself; the guy doing the mods did it.)

It's a fabric made from weaving conductive carbon fibers together and covering them with cloth, and it absorbs RF interference, but works differently than a metal shield so it can be used in a different way. For instance it can be used to provide a type of shielding in interconnects that doesn't constrain dynamics like a metal shield can.

So, um, welcome to the 2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton thread.

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #277 of 483
Wow this is amazing! An audiophile's meet.. It looks really interesing.

I'm kind of new to this audiophile world and I only got Shure SRH 940 and a Digizoid ZO. I'm sure this is nothing compared to many many of you guys here at head fi but this was a great deal for me. I know John in Cali is going to be bringing his 940 but I can still bring mine if you guys want to. Ill bring my Digizoid along with me as well if you guys want.

Is this meet where you can try out other peoples gears and let others test your gear if they want to? Oh and is it opened to the public?

If I don't have any plans on that day, I would love to attend. By the way, there aren't any age restrictions on this right? I think I'm goin to be the youngest one.. :p

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #279 of 483
Quote:
Wow this is amazing! An audiophile's meet.. It looks really interesing.
I'm kind of new to this audiophile world and I only got Shure SRH 940 and a Digizoid ZO. I'm sure this is nothing compared to many many of you guys here at head fi but this was a great deal for me. I know John in Cali is going to be bringing his 940 but I can still bring mine if you guys want to. Ill bring my Digizoid along with me as well if you guys want.
Is this meet where you can try out other peoples gears and let others test your gear if they want to? Oh and is it opened to the public?
If I don't have any plans on that day, I would love to attend. By the way, there aren't any age restrictions on this right? I think I'm goin to be the youngest one..
tongue.gif

A baby head-fier? How young we talking xD?

Kojaku

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #280 of 483
A baby head-fier? How young we talking xD?

Kojaku

Haha yes, I'm a baby head fier. I'm only 14 and entering high school this year. I'm very thankful to be one of the member of head fi at such a young age. Hmm.. I wonder who's the youngest head-fier out of the whole website..

Despite the fact that im young, I can still attend the meet right? :D

Btw, anyone interested in this lpuny but funZy device, Digioizoid?

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #283 of 483
I didn't see the Bryston BHA-1 in the list.
(http://www.bryston.com/products/headphone_amps/BHA-1.html)

So I plan to bring it so other head-fiers can check it out.
It's my first time, so I might need some help - maybe a tiny place so put it (??)

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #284 of 483
Quote:
There's an 11 or 12 year old girl somewhere here, daughter of a member I think.  There's actually plenty of 14-15 year old members here these days so no need to feel isolated in age range.

I feel like upgrade-itis hits these younger folks the hardest. No when I was a young head-fier, we had to walk uphill both ways to get ruler flat frequency response till 1.5kHz! (jk I'm not that old of a member xD).

Kojaku

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #285 of 483
Did I sound off-topic? Not sure what you are referring to. But I'm referring to the equipment I'm bringing to the meet, so it's a chance to hear ERS-modded stuff. Maybe no one has heard of this.

Sorry, it just came off a bit odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back