2012 Hollywood Headphone Hobbyists (H3) Meet
also known as the Socal Headphone And Gear Festival or the "Big L.A. Meet"
design courtesy of LFF
Saturday, August 18, 2012
9:30am to 5:00pm
LAX Hilton, Los Angeles, CA
Please reply to this thread if you plan on attending (even if you have already replied in the "interest" thread.) Include a list of equipment that you plan on bringing and indicate whether you will need a full 6' table, half-table, or a general hang out place to sit (if you are just bringing a few things.) Requests will be honored based on need. n3rdling will be maintaining an attendee and gear list. Table arrangement and allocations will be made later.
At the Door Admission Fee:
Important to note that everyone attending will be required to check in at the front desk and wear a tag. This is part of security protocol and we will have random organizers doing roving patrols just to be on the safe side. They will be disguised as a bush so you won't be able to tell who they are.
Parking and Registration
Parking will be discounted at $12 for the day for attendees. A 10% room discount will also be available to attendees. This is a non-profit event and its organizers will do whatever they can do keep the costs down. A few have generously offered to assist with the costs, but hopefully this event will pay for itself. A final admission fee will be determined later. This will be a private event. Attendees will have to register to obtain the parking discount and an event name tag.
Parking discount tickets will be handed to everyone at the registration table. An event badge will be supplied which must must be worn at all times.
Facilities and Power
The event will be held in the lower level away from most of the regular foot traffic of the hotel. There will be one large room and three smaller rooms. The lower level rooms are heavily carpeted with pillars, so hopefully this will keep background noise to a minimum. The hotel will be providing electrical to each table. There will be no need for extension cords, but please bring power strips.
1) Please treat others' gear with the utmost care and respect.
2) Do not unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
3) Do not turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
4) Do not move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
5) Always treat other headfiers with the utmost respect.
6) If a woman shows up - DO NOT GAWK. They are part of the human species and also deserve the utmost respect. Do not fear that this is the only one.
7) Do not bring ANY food or drinks near any equipment, including your own.
8) If you eat, please WASH YOUR DIRTY, GREASY HANDS BEFORE touching other people's equipment.
9) Do not ask the vendors too many questions. They want to have fun too and others may want to ask questions as well.
10) Always follow the rules of the host. He/She/They have been gracious enough to host a meet so he/she/they deserve the most respect and if you don't follow any of the above rules, AT LEAST follow this one.
11) No shirt, no shoes, no headphone meet.
12) Do not put screw drivers in electrical outlets, people's equipment or people's ears.
13) If it's summer - please wear deodorant.
14) If it's winter - please wear deodorant.
15) DO NOT wear hair gel or any cosmetic product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
16) Make sure your guests, if you bring any, follow the rules as well.
That said....HAVE FUN!
Just an FYI: Many of the of the high-end or "summit-fi" rigs use CD-Players as a source. It may be a good idea to cut a CD with your favorite tracks if you want to hear them.
Setup and Breakdown: Setup starts at 8:30am. Break down is at 5:00pm.
If you are having any boxes/ materials pre-shipped to the hotel please contact Elena Morales via fax 310.410.6177 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 15, 2012 as shipping and receiving charges will apply.
For those exhibitors that are not shipping materials into the hotel, please note the following guidelines for loading and unloading at the hotel. Exhibitors may only load and unload from private vehicles on the East Drive of the hotel via the loading dock on the following dates and times:
- Saturday, August 18, 2012 from 8:00 am - 9:30 am
- Saturday, August 18, 2012 from 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Personal vehicles may not remain parked on the East Drive for any duration of time. Once the vehicle has been unloaded, please relocate your vehicle to our valet or self parking garage so that other exhibitors have the opportunity to unload.
We do not allow personal loading or unloading from the front drive of the hotel. Hotel Bell Staff will be available onsite to assist in bringing materials to and from your vehicle. Recommended gratuity for bell staff services is $10 per full cartload. Bell carts and other hotel equipment are not available for personal use, so please provide your own carts for transporting your product.
We will be providing several of our own handcart / dollies for people to use. There is no need to pay the bellhop if you do not wish to, but please wait at the east entrance loading zone to get a handcart. There will be a few organizers there to guide things along and allocate/keep track of the carts / dollies.
Hotel Discounts - Act Soon!
If you are interested in staying at the hotel, a special discount of 10% off the best available unrestricted rate for standard run of the house rooms has been established for your event. This rate is based on allocated inventory and may not be available to all of your guests. Reservations will be accepted at prevailing rates after allocated inventory is used. Please call 1-800-Hiltons and ask for the ZSE catering discounted rate. Please note that inventory is limited and we are expected to sell out over this weekend.
- Ultimate Ears
- Schiit Audio
- Eddie Current
- Donald North
- Bellatone Audio
- Cavalli Audio
- HeadRoom (by proxy. Jorge will be sending us stuff.)
- Joe Audiophile
Edited by purrin - 8/14/12 at 3:36pm