1964 Ears
Feb 7, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #1,216 of 7,417

Quote:

PS I am buying the quads with my tax return.
biggrin.gif
Anybody get impressions in portland, or? That can recommend an audiologist? Thanks!

I bet 1964 could give you some advise with that since they are local. I'd send them an email or give them a call.

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #1,217 of 7,417
I must beg to differ.
The dual models for fidelity are not the same as the livewires/earpeace one.
Originally they were the same but since has been changed.
I can confirm this if anyone's interested.

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #1,218 of 7,417
I've had some time with my revised custom silicone eartips for my Monster Turbine Pro Copper.

The MTPC offers a lot of eartips but fit can be a chore with them. I think the occasional comments about the mtpc lacking coherency or sounding average are due to a fit that doesn't quite work. This becomes obvious when a proper adjustment opens and clarifies the sound quite a bit. So, I thought I would try custom tips.  I'm really enjoying them. I went back to the usual triple flanges and supertips, etc. and there's no comparison for comfort and fit. Also, to my surprise, the sound on the custom tips is a bit better than on the triple flanges and others--better extention in the bass and treble and better clarity on all ranges. 

The ones I have now are a bit different than the first ones I received. The first version didn't stay on the nozzle. 1964 Ears did a great job with communicating with me and revised the design and they are much more secure. As I said before, I think I am the test subject for these. They are almost perfect now, one small revision for fit and some final corrections. I'll give an update, but based on the way 1964 Ears handled my concerns and the way they sound and fit now, I can say that 1964 Ears would be a good choice for custom eartips.

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #1,219 of 7,417

Quote:
I've had some time with my revised custom silicone eartips for my Monster Turbine Pro Copper.

The MTPC offers a lot of eartips but fit can be a chore with them. I think the occasional comments about the mtpc lacking coherency or sounding average are due to a fit that doesn't quite work. This becomes obvious when a proper adjustment opens and clarifies the sound quite a bit. So, I thought I would try custom tips.  I'm really enjoying them. I went back to the usual triple flanges and supertips, etc. and there's no comparison for comfort and fit. Also, to my surprise, the sound on the custom tips is a bit better than on the triple flanges and others--better extention in the bass and treble and better clarity on all ranges. 

The ones I have now are a bit different than the first ones I received. The first version didn't stay on the nozzle. 1964 Ears did a great job with communicating with me and revised the design and they are much more secure. As I said before, I think I am the test subject for these. They are almost perfect now, one small revision for fit and some final corrections. I'll give an update, but based on the way 1964 Ears handled my concerns and the way they sound and fit now, I can say that 1964 Ears would be a good choice for custom eartips.

so those coppers w/ the silicone custom tips were yours! congrats 

Feb 7, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #1,220 of 7,417
I thought it was pretty obvious whose those were for those paying attention to this thread :)

I've been toying with the idea of getting a custom tip on the CK10 but then I would have to send them in and they probably won't be as low profile with custom tips.

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #1,221 of 7,417

which brings me to this question: These custom iems sit flush with the ear, so you can sleep on your side with them? And if I were biking with them, they stay sturdy in the ear compared to universals? And do the cables provide the least amount of noise from movement possible? I don't recall these points being mentioned previously, and these three things have been bothering me recently with my universal fit iems.

ps project86, 1964 ears response to my query about audiologists was a suggestion in Vancouver, which is odd. I live downtown Portland Oregon on the west side. Again, does anybody have a closer suggestion from experience? The few places I called didn't even answer the phone, which does not inspire confidence. 

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #1,222 of 7,417

Quote:
which brings me to this question: These custom iems sit flush with the ear, so you can sleep on your side with them? And if I were biking with them, they stay sturdy in the ear compared to universals? And do the cables provide the least amount of noise from movement possible? I don't recall these points being mentioned previously, and these three things have been bothering me recently with my universal fit iems.

ps project86, 1964 ears response to my query about audiologists was a suggestion in Vancouver, which is odd. I live downtown Portland Oregon on the west side. Again, does anybody have a closer suggestion from experience? The few places I called didn't even answer the phone, which does not inspire confidence. 

question1:because they sit flush with the ears, sleeping with them shouldn't be a problem.
question 2: if you get a proper fit, they will keep a seal even better than a universal.
question3; with the cables worn over your ears and behind your neck, microphonics will be better almost non existant

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #1,224 of 7,417

Quote:
I contacted vitaliy and the support, still no reply...

Contacted my local audiologist its $55 for impressions and i can't get an appointment till 3rd of march! ahhh crap!

give them a call, though vataliy usually responds to emails within a day or two...march 3rd for $55? I called my local audiologist, and they had a free space the same day so i went in, got my impressions, payed $30 and got out. I think you should find another audiologist if you can

Feb 8, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #1,225 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:

Contacted my local audiologist its $55 for impressions and i can't get an appointment till 3rd of march! ahhh crap!

give them a call, though vataliy usually responds to emails within a day or two...march 3rd for $55? I called my local audiologist, and they had a free space the same day so i went in, got my impressions, payed $30 and got out. I think you should find another audiologist if you can

Ditto, same day, $35, with a nice, fresh lemon as a bite block...

Feb 8, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #1,226 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:

Problem is I'm in Australia, Unless someone else here is from Perth that knows an audiologist I can go too, then this is my only option =/

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #1,228 of 7,417
Stonew508, I went to Beverly Schnabel and she was great. It cost $30.

Dr. Beverly S. Schnabel

2222 Nw Lovejoy St Ste 622
Portland, OR 97210

(503) 229-8455

Quote:

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #1,229 of 7,417

Thank you Erieg!  And thanks buffalowings for easing my mind, I'm a little nervous about buying a five hundred dollar pair of ear monitors, I just want to make sure they will be amazing.

Originally Posted by Erieg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dr. Beverly S. Schnabel

Portland, OR 97210

(503) 229-8455

Feb 8, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #1,230 of 7,417
Hello Stonew508. I can't promise you that the 1964-Q will be amazing, but for me personally I can't seem to pry them out of my ears. I have never spent so much time listening to in-ear monitors, and you can see from my signature I have had and listened to many (that I loved at that). And I have many more that aren't even listed. Basically, for right now, everything is stored away as the quad occupies 90 percent of my listening time now. The other 5 percent goes to the SM2 and 5 percent to the M50 headphone. Although some ThinkSounds are on on the way and I will give it some significant time (love the wood sound of ThinkSound).

Quote:

Thank you Erieg!  And thanks buffalowings for easing my mind, I'm a little nervous about buying a five hundred dollar pair of ear monitors, I just want to make sure they will be amazing.

Originally Posted by Erieg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dr. Beverly S. Schnabel

Portland, OR 97210

(503) 229-8455

Users who are viewing this thread

Back