1964 Ears
Feb 8, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #1,246 of 7,417
Eric you seem to enjoy kind of the same sound sig as me, well based on that you like lucozades sound sigs, and everytime I've gotten an IEM it was recommended through him and I've enjoyed everyone of them, how would you compare the Quads bass to lets say the Custom 3? or the IE7? in terms of both quantity and quality, measured on a 5 star rating?

I admit I'm a little bit of a bass head but the TF10s just leave me wanting for more clarity and MIDS...

Oh and also just wanted to ask, is there a benefit of having a recessed socket compared to a non-recessed socket?? i.e. in terms of durability?

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #1,247 of 7,417
Any fellow Singaporeans about to send your ear impressions to 1964 Ears? If so, please PM me as I will be sending back my custom within this week so perhaps we can share on the shipping fee.

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #1,250 of 7,417

Hello matto. here is my rating:

Custom 3 - 2 1/2 stars (quantity) ...3 1/2 stars (quality)

IE7 - 2 1/2 stars (quantity).... 2 1/2 (quality)

IE8 - 4 1/2 stars (quantity)..... 3 stars (quality)

SM3- 4 stars  (quantity).... 4 1/2 stars (quality)

DDM - 4 stars (quantity).... 3 1/2 stars (quality)

1964-Q - 4 1/2 stars (quantity) ... 5 stars (quality)
Quote:
Eric you seem to enjoy kind of the same sound sig as me, well based on that you like lucozades sound sigs, and everytime I've gotten an IEM it was recommended through him and I've enjoyed everyone of them, how would you compare the Quads bass to lets say the Custom 3? or the IE7? in terms of both quantity and quality, measured on a 5 star rating?

I admit I'm a little bit of a bass head but the TF10s just leave me wanting for more clarity and MIDS...

Oh and also just wanted to ask, is there a benefit of having a recessed socket compared to a non-recessed socket?? i.e. in terms of durability?

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #1,251 of 7,417

Quote:

Quote:

Waaaw, I found the IE7's to be super bassy :O maybe I'm so enexperienced that I may have mistaken "quality and quantity" maybe the quality of the IE7's is what I was trying to say when I was saying it was bloated etc etc. and waaaw, Quads having the same quantity as the IE8s but with more refinement in the mids, okay I really want these, now the only problem is I'm leaving in less than a month and it would suck if I got them and I couldn't take it with me on my holiday eughh...

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #1,252 of 7,417
I read on their site that they will do a rush job for a little extra $ if you need your order sooner than their standard turnaround.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Waaaw, I found the IE7's to be super bassy :O maybe I'm so enexperienced that I may have mistaken "quality and quantity" maybe the quality of the IE7's is what I was trying to say when I was saying it was bloated etc etc. and waaaw, Quads having the same quantity as the IE8s but with more refinement in the mids, okay I really want these, now the only problem is I'm leaving in less than a month and it would suck if I got them and I couldn't take it with me on my holiday eughh...

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #1,253 of 7,417
The quad's bass is not boomy or bloated, just deep.. So while I have the IE8 and quad rated the same in quantity, I'm speaking of deepness, or how low they can go, but quality is the deciding factor. And from the quality standpoint (i.e. clearness of note, natural sounding, space and tone) there is no comparison really. The quad blasts the IE8 out of the water IMO.

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #1,254 of 7,417
Finally, took me 3 weeks to finish reading this 84-page thread
confused_face.gif

Was worth it though, since i found answers to most of my questions while reading it. Now you guys are really killing my wallet
dt880smile.png

My only concern now is how the quads compare to the MTPC in terms of treble. I see the quads do better than the Miles Davis, but never tried the MD before :frowning2:

Is anyone in here from Toronto and have made impressions for custom order before? I'm currently looking for a suggestion on where I should go get my impressions done...
popcorn.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #1,260 of 7,417

Quote:
Looks like mine are finished, just got to wait for delivery :)

Sorry man, I think those are mine. They called me on Monday asking about my artwork and then gave me a tracking number last night. The ice blue triple fi's on their facebook page are mine too. =)

Their lead time for my order was about 2.5 - 3 weeks. They received my impressions and order form and TF10s on 1/18 and they just shipped it out yesterday. I think its safe to say they're swamped with orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back