1964 Ears
Feb 11, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #1,276 of 7,417
Has anyone used the TWag OM cable with their customs with recessed sockets? Although the IEM connectors on the TWag OM's product page looks like they can fit but will like to confirm.

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #1,277 of 7,417
Guys production time/ turn-around is somewhere between 3 to 4 weeks+ in the U.S
Good luck International.

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #1,278 of 7,417
I just received my order from USPS. I love the fact that shipping to/from them only takes a day.

Initial impressions:

Fit is really good. I watched the Ultimate Ears youtube video on how to put in/take out custom IEMs and it made it a breeze. There are a few bubbles here and there but definitely not something noticeable unless you really look for them.

A little background: I bought the TF10s as a replacement for my dying Shure E3cs when I work out. But I realized quickly that the fit of the TF10s was horrendous. After a minute on the treadmill (or even the elliptical), they would simply pop out of my ear. The cable was also ridiculous to deal with as well. Which is why I decided to remold my TF10s.

With that said,TF10 remolds sound the same to me (but the last time i've listened to them was almost 3 weeks ago, so I can't give you a really accurate A/B comparison). I couldn't detect any sibilance (am I using the right word?) that Tomlinson noticed when he A/B'd his remolds and his new bought TF10s. It could also be the type of music I'm listening to right now.

Comparison of TF10s and the 1964Ts (from 20 minutes of listening to Top40/Hip Hop/Glee [all I have on my workout ipod nano 6g =P] switching them back and forth):

Lows: TF10s had more quantity than the 1964Ts but 1964Ts was more accurate and wasn't as muddy.
Mids: wow, I didn't know what I was missing from the TF10s and now I do.
Highs: Both were about the same, highs on the 1964Ts were a bit more recessed than the TF10s. TF10s sounded a little artificial? to me esp during some songs where the crash/ride hit.

I'm liking what I'm hearing from the 1964Ts. Can't wait to try them out on other music genres.

Another note, wow, i'm totally hearing things I wasn't hearing before with universals. i.e. The really high electric solo in the background of Jason Derulo - In My Head in the last 30 seconds, sorta ridiculous how I missed that before.

Last note, I really hate this forum. Now I really want to buy some ES5s just to see how they sound. okay I don't hate the forum, my wallet hates the forum. =(

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #1,279 of 7,417
hguy4x, how long was your wait time for the phones to arrive? 

James

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #1,280 of 7,417
Feb 11, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #1,281 of 7,417

Quote:
hguy4x, how long was your wait time for the phones to arrive? 

James

They received my impressions and order form on 1/18. They shipped it out to me 2/9. So a  little over 3 weeks. I only received it today because I live in CA.

Here are a few quick snaps of the headphones:

Most of the imperfections (bubbles) are on the tips. You can see on the second picture. You can see some minor ones in the ice blue remolds but definitely not a dealbreaker. It may not be "UM" quality but the convenience of shipping within the US and not to China trumps whatever cosmetic quality is in question IMO.

Feb 11, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #1,282 of 7,417
Welcome to the 1964 EARS world hguy4X. I'm glad that finally there are enough reviews about the the wonderful sound quality of 1964 EARS that it makes it harder for a few to criticize and say there's some agenda afloat here. Plain and simple, 1964 EARS makes a great product! Is there room for improvement? Sure there is. It's a young comedy so I would expect they would get better and better with their craft, but what a great start right out of the gate!
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #1,285 of 7,417

Quote:
Impressions sent today. Now it's time to wait! :x hopefully it won't take them all that long!
JH Audio managed to assemble and ship within 2 days after they received my impressions!

don't get your hopes up on the shipping time, a member of head-fi has is still waiting after four weeks.

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #1,286 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
Impressions sent today. Now it's time to wait! :x hopefully it won't take them all that long!
JH Audio managed to assemble and ship within 2 days after they received my impressions!

don't get your hopes up on the shipping time, a member of head-fi has is still waiting after four weeks.

wow that's quite long! considering that I live in Germany and that shipping to and from USA takes about a week it would be a total of 6 weeks! =/
let's just hope they'll find a way to speed up their production.
I'm not willing to pay an extra $75 for a rush build.

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #1,287 of 7,417

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

wow that's quite long! considering that I live in Germany and that shipping to and from USA takes about a week it would be a total of 6 weeks! =/

I doubt they will in such a short time period, guess we're in the same boat huh? :p

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #1,288 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I doubt they will in such a short time period, guess we're in the same boat huh? :p

yea, I guess you could say that! :wink:

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #1,289 of 7,417

Users who are viewing this thread

Back