「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 5, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #147,662 of 177,747
Local baseball team announced a new item on the ballpark menu, Churro Dog. Might be the best thing I have ever seen, 10/10 would eat.

33a8kma.png

Good god... it's... beautiful... 

Dunno if any of you caught Epic's new UE4 demo but got damn... Can't wait until I'm playing RPGs that look like this: 

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #147,663 of 177,747
  @CrossAnge 21
lol What was that for?
you know he wouldnt die if he's killed..... yet you sacrefice yourself kill him.

You're missing the point of the show and what it's been doing
I don't think Tusk and Momoka are dead and it is fine.

Cross Ange deals heavilly with alternate realities, time paradoxies, and the duality of life and existence.

I think the anime is doing what it does best, and that it uses the main character Ange, who is the only person constant throughout all these time paradoxes, as a way to mold her. She, just like Embryo, has seen multiple endings to life, multiple histories, and experienced love, lust, betrayl, and comraderie during her time alive.

These deaths were needed, and unlike in AZ, when the characters come back to life, I won't find it cheap. Because Cross Ange the series uses this stuff for development of a character in the truest sense.

Steins Gate did this. Although they all came back to life in the end, what Okabe witnessed forever changed his demeanor, and perception on life. Whereas he had a near disfunctional view of society and life before the incidents, he came out of it...a real 'man'

Cross Ange does this quite well. Where Ange too also came from a place with a disfunctional view before meeting all the adversity that would in the end, produce one of the strongest female leads in the last few years.

It serves a bigger purpose. 

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #147,664 of 177,747

Cross Ange deals heavilly with alternate realities, time paradoxies, and the duality of life and existence.

I think the anime is doing what it does best, and that it uses the main character Ange, who is the only person constant throughout all these time paradoxes, as a way to mold her. She, just like Embryo, has seen multiple endings to life, multiple histories, and experienced love, lust, betrayl, and comraderie during her time alive.

These deaths were needed, and unlike in AZ, when the characters come back to life, I won't find it cheap. Because Cross Ange the series uses this stuff for development of a character in the truest sense.

Steins Gate did this. Although they all came back to life in the end, what Okabe witnessed forever changed his demeanor, and perception on life. Whereas he had a near disfunctional view of society and life before the incidents, he came out of it...a real 'man'

Cross Ange does this quite well. Where Ange too also came from a place with a disfunctional view before meeting all the adversity that would in the end, produce one of the strongest female leads in the last few years.

2deep5me. I just dont give anime that kind of credit that it's thought out to that kind of level. For me she was pretty much done "being molded" after the first 4 episodes, everything else has been little life lessons and healing but nothing ground breaking.

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #147,667 of 177,747

2deep5me. I just dont give anime that kind of credit that it's thought out to that kind of level. For me she was pretty much done "being molded" after the first 4 episodes, everything else has been little life lessons and healing but nothing ground breaking.

While I agree on some scale to anime that are just too blatantly trying for more themes.

I wouldn't say Cross Ange fits into that category. 

It's not overly deep or anything. It's just very well crafted and deliberate

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #147,668 of 177,747
Local baseball team announced a new item on the ballpark menu, Churro Dog. Might be the best thing I have ever seen, 10/10 would eat.

33a8kma.png

Oh my god, I need to make one of these O.o

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #147,670 of 177,747
Am I the only one here who thinks that looks disgusting? >.>
Churro = yum
Ice cream = yum
Chocolate eclair = yum
Churro + ice cream = probably yum
Churro + chocolate eclair = wat
Chocolate eclair + ice cream = wat
Churro + ice cream + chocolate eclair + mystery sugar goop + whipped cream = yuck...

What's next? Lollipop?

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #147,672 of 177,747
Sometimes I imagine Bowei sitting down with the people behind an anime for an interview. He comments how he felt they addressed woman power struggles well using nudity in some complex twist of reality only to be told, no no, we just like big breast. I can picture the very moment his heart is broken as sweet tears of sorrow roll down his face...

That concoction of diabetes looks scrumptious.

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #147,674 of 177,747
u wot

WOT runs 30-45 fps on my iPad 2 D:

Hahaha feeble iPad peasant, bow to your iPhone 6 master race Kings!

Forget the above if you happen to get the newest iPad.

Duuuuudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, LMUE's got 18% disc on some IEMs  until 5 March which is TODAY and I just knew
Basically I could get the Fidue A83 for 232 euro or -51.50 eur from its original price.
ya/nay?

Yeah, saw that in my mail.
Woah, wait a second!

That is 100% Bravely Default art.

http://www.blazegames.co.jp

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #147,675 of 177,747
Hm...I need to get myself a laptop since any under my possession now belong to the rest of my family.

I think my budget is $1000? Unfortunately I can't get a refurbished rMBP for that price (nowhere near) to turn into a linux laptop. The nicest I could probably get is a Aspire Nitro V15 but that's with no SSD, and a SSD is a must...

I need to finish that Linux EdX course....... T_T
What's a shared partition?

I just glossed through this since I intend to triple boot my rMBP now that I have a brand new installation of OS X (512 GB SSD).
http://davidlively.com/notes/macbook-pro-triple-boot/

I'll probably need around 200 GB for Windows so I can put Steam games on there and record with lossless FRAPs, and at least 200 GB for OS X since that guide says I need to make the OS X partition as large as the Windows one. I think Windows can read OS X's HFS+ partition with Boot Camp drivers
http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/02/access-mac-os-x-partition-from-windows.html

but last time I had Boot Camp, I couldn't read them. It might have been because I had my OS X partition encrypted though.

So yeah, in my case, would the shared partition be useful at all? I only want to install Linux to experiment and I don't like VMs options. That being said, if I want to remove the Linux partitions and rejoin them, I'm not sure how easy that would be. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back