「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 16, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #13,637 of 177,745
Now this is what I call good lyrics for a love song!

(from "A Hole in the Wall" - KMFDM")
When I Have To Die Then
I Want To Strangle Myself In Your Black Hair
And When I Have To Die Then
I Want To Suffocate Between Your Sweet Breasts
I Want To Be Blinded By Your Brown Eyes
I Want To Cut My Veins On Your Lips

*snip*

I Want To Starve In Your Lap
I Want To Burn In Your Bed
I Want To Drown In Your Heat
I Want To Be Poisoned By Your Blood
I Want To Melt Away From Your Kiss
And Then When I Am Dead
Bury Me Close To Your Heart

Close To Your Heart

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #13,638 of 177,745
Quote:
I connected the gate pin of Q1 to one probe, and I connected the other probe to the ground pad on the power supply.

In this configuration I got a nice and stable 0mv first. Then it started to change a bit to some 100mV, so I turned the amp off. Then a few seconds later I turned it on again and it measured a very quickly changing value centered at ~200mV.
Then I measured the gate pin of Q2 and got 0mV. Happy with that I remeasured Q1 and got a stable 0.5V reading.

This may sound really stupid, but which side is anode and cathode again? There is a little circle next to the components on the PCB. Does this indicate cathode?

Sigh.. this is not good.... 
the input is still connected to the ground right?
btw is the voltage at Q1's gate +ve or -ve relative to the ground?

Check the data sheet for pinout.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #13,639 of 177,745
Quote:
Now this is what I call good lyrics for a love song!

(from "A Hole in the Wall" - KMFDM") Quote:
When I Have To Die Then
I Want To Strangle Myself In Your Black Hair
I Want To Suffocate Between Your Sweet Breasts
I Want To Be Blinded By Your Brown Eyes
I Want To Cut My Veins On Your Lips

*snip*

I Want To Starve In Your Lap
I Want To Burn In Your Bed
I Want To Drown In Your Heat
I Want To Be Poisoned By Your Blood
I Want To Melt Away From Your Kiss
And Then When I Am Dead
Bury Me Close To Your Heart

Close To Your Heart

Holy Crap, sounds painful....

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #13,640 of 177,745
Sigh.. this is not good.... 

the input is still connected to the ground right?
btw is the voltage at Q1's gate +ve or -ve relative to the ground?

Check the data sheet for pinout.

Input is not connected to ground. I'll remeasure in a sec.

Forgot about that for a second. sumimasen!

Edit:
Now it's back to 0mV again.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #13,642 of 177,745
Quote:
I do know benchmarks and popularity and choice of SSD's... I read the SSD guide  yeah. But that guide didn't tell you what SSD's are best. Onlly to make the system as good as possible for an SSD. I did about 10 hours of research on benchmarks before buying. So yeah, I do know about SSD's. And actually bought one and ran benchs and utilized it!..like a baws.

I don't download many torrents at once because I extended a HDD and made a seperate parition. I set it to 60GB's fixed so that my download folder won't exceed that amount.  IT works very well.

I don't like the guys at Apple Best Buy. I've been to about 3 stores with them. And granted. They don't know as much about Macintosh as you might think they do. They know just what a consumer would ask.

Their computers ran hot..like any windows laptop... Apple prefers to have the fans as slow as fricking possible to give the user a better experience. F that. I run mine on max.

You didn't read the SSD Buyers Guide by Sean? It isn't a sticky, and it isn't the same as his optimization guide. Go check Sean's sig on OCN. You'll find it.

I should probably do that.

Not trying to sound biased or anything but I believe nobody at stores like Best Buy or Walmart know anything about computers. Same with the people who work at Guitar Center for audio. I asked if they had a pair of DT880's I could look at and said I didn't need it because I would only need it for studio purposes. They obviously don't know the pursuit of better sound quality.

Most of the laptops were running at the same temperature because they were only running the Best Buy ad thing that they always have on the computers there.

How loud are the fans? In theory the fan design of the MacBook Pros are supposed to reduce noise.
Quote:
manveru isn't HS yet.
(will be very soon lol)

This. Lol.
Quote:

Not too far to go, haha. 

Haha. Can't wait for you to join us.
Quote:
Gambatte!

This.

Just finished Korra. Wasn't all that bad. I swear the voice actor for General Iro (however you spell his name) was the one for Price Zuko from Avatar: The Last Air Bender.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #13,645 of 177,745
Quote:

Edit:

How's the rail voltage?
just to confirm my suspicion, set your meter to measure current and connect one side to the input while the other side to ground.
If there's any current at all, one of the JFET's probably broken....

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #13,646 of 177,745

My typing speed is top 1% in the statistics of a facebook app with thousands of users. Also I am pretty fast at piano.

I suck at swimming.

I'm okay at swimming. I'm around 3rd fastest on my team for breaststroke, but I'm slowing down now because my body is starting to eat at itself because I don't eat enough. I've thrown up at the last 3 practices. Pretty sure I'm naturally anorexic and bulimic.

Are you male or female, which country?

Lol, hilarious acronym. I think a lot of chess players are NEET's. When you take something seriously, like poker, sports, music, videogames, whatever, a lot of people quit normal society stuff ...

Well, now I feel offended because I'm like this even though I just graduated middle school (8th grade).

Didn't mean to offend anyone.  It just stands for "Not in Education, Employment, or Training"

It just means you quit studying to focus on something you find more important, in this example chess.

Lol, hilarious acronym.  I think a lot of chess players are NEET's.  When you take something seriously, like poker, sports, music, videogames, whatever, a lot of people quit normal society stuff ...

Only saw this post just now.

As far as I know, this is absolutely not true for the chess players in the Netherlands at least, and I imagine the same is true in the US for example.
It's just a prejudiced view people have of a stereotypical chess player, but I know that most chess players are actually very social.

See above.

I used to play club / tournamet level chess and most of them are social and cool, but there's a few which just play online chess only too.

Edit:

How's the rail voltage?
just to confirm my suspicion, set your meter to measure current and connect one side to the input while the other side to ground.

Are you guys fixing a broken b22 or smt?

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #13,650 of 177,745
How's the rail voltage?

Rail voltage? As in power supply? That's just the normal +/- 30V.

I measured current between input pad on the amp and ground pad on power supply and got 0mA. I didn't go into uA mode, but I can if I have to.

Just FYI, there is also a signal ground pad, which is connected to the RCA inputs. I did not do any measurements with this. All measurements I made relative to ground where at the ground pad of the power supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back