「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #13,621 of 177,745
Quote:
Gate of Q1 relative to ground pad at PSU is 0.5V. It was 0V on first measurement, but rose in subsequent turning amp on and off.
Gate of Q2 is 0V.

Please don't tell me the JFET's blew. Anything but that.

So you took a measurement and it was 0V, turn it off and on again now its 0.5V?

It is likely to be the case because the input stage is now completely isolated from the rest of the circuit.
Check the rail voltages at the input stage (using R10 and R12's pad)

Jun 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #13,622 of 177,745
I'm back! Tadaima!
Quote:
Hybird saying good things about Apple???
ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!
WHO ARE YOU??? USING HYBIRD'S ACCOUNT??

Haha. I give credit to them every once in awhile. They did have consumers remember that asthetics matter in a computer too, and like Beats Audio, make some people willing to spend more money for computers. The one thing I hate about them is trying to make everything simple. I like things simple, but they make it too simple sometimes. Eventually, their products will become so simple people will be idiots. It was out of my kindness and the amazing screen that I posted that. Other than that, there isn't much to say. I wish the computer was ice cold though. That would be nice for a change.
Quote:

I thought you bought one LOL

LOL. I can't believe you'd think that.
Quote:
Skipped 21 pages.

My girlfriend hates anime ...

Damn. Well, most of the people in my school just hate anime, although my sister is getting a crap load of her friends to convert.
Quote:
@Vortex
Welcome Back! 

Good for you with the laptop. The reliability is the problem with those but anyway. Dell's usually can have it's OS installed through a special windows instal disk. Basically it's a DELL REPAIR only disk(I got to use one because of a stint at a computer shop last year) that installs Windows....BUT DOESN'T ask you for the windows key. It pulls it from the hardware.... yeah. Not sure if Alienware follows that. And remember that different colors and types of COA are availble. Even if you download Windows whatever that is the same as the version installed, when typing in the key into windows...it MAY not work. I don't have enough personal experience with that to know how many times or what you need to do to make it work.

Why INTEL SSD? I recommend Plextor, Samsung, or Crucial. OCZ is the next contendor but Plextor and Crucial are gaining steam. Crucial is at the top of the SSD marker for people that can't pay heavy premiums for Intel and Plextor is gaining heavily by being faster than the Curical M4's in the write deparement and being more reliable and at the same price. I almost bought an Crucial M4 until a good enthusiast showed me new benchmakrs for the drives that confirmed that the two Crucial M4 and Plextor M4 were close but Plextor had a slight upper hand.

A week ago Samsng has a 128GB SSD for $120. IT was $20 more than what I payed for mine....BUT IT CAME WITH the new Ghost Recon code to pre download!!!! Just need benchmakrs of that though.

My nickname is Panda-sama. Tilpo's is Rikkun. Because his real life nick name is Rik and add a kun. Hybrid's is Haiburido Chan or Hai-by chan(pronounced Hi-Be chan). Kuroda Tsubasa's is Kuroda tan and b1o's is Borisu kun.

@Hai-by chan
Please remember you are using a display model. They crash due to other consumers doing stupid stuff on it and loading crap ton of programs and closing them incorrrectly (Command+q)
I wanted a new bookshelf speaker that GuttenBerg recommended for $100 that are on sale for $50 right now and wanted to go to a Best Buy or Fry's but my parents had to go do...errands.

@Rikkun
I slept for 10 hours and lol....52 posts

I really liked the take the world and burn it nature of Code Geass and Death Note. I love Supremem rise to power anime's and their rise was absolutely GLORIOUS to watch. Small spoiler:
They almost captured the world...the entire world...and then crap came falling down
It was stupdenous to watch!

@Kiteki chama
Wow you lucky! I wish I could meet someone with a name called Tomo......especially if it's a chick..more chicks!!

Bowei, you know nothing about SSDs, which is why you read Sean's guide over at OCN. He's the SSD guru there.

I said that they were actually running fine today. Pretty sure they did a clean install of OS X because they usually run hot because they run a crap load of programs that the consumers install.
Quote:
Aw man Panda didn't look at my Bamboo stick link even though it's the best IEM I've heard under $150 and made in his hometown. =p

Haha. Funny because I looked.
Quote:

Lol, hilarious acronym.  I think a lot of chess players are NEET's.  When you take something seriously, like poker, sports, music, videogames, whatever, a lot of people quit normal society stuff ...

Well, now I feel offended because I'm like this even though I just graduated middle school (8th grade).
Quote:
Haha, my dad finally left, now It is time to watch all the anime I've downloaded!! 

I never have that many torrents, probably because I get rid of them when I'm done because I'm short oh HDD space, even though it doesn't take up much.
Quote:
cool.gif
 You got that right. Can't beat my coolness.....PANDA STYLE!

Haha.
Quote:
By the way what's the voltage supply to the op-amp in the O2 anyway?

Also I LOVE how fast you guys type.  It's like the rest of head-fi became dumb all of a sudden.

Not all of us here are fast typists, but I have a current record of 134 words per minute. Held it for a good 20 seconds and accidentally messed up.
Quote:
My typing speed is normal.
It's just that we're holding multiple discussions at the same time, and take little time to respond to others.

My point proven.
Yup. Most of our replies aren't tl;dr replies.
Quote:
My typing speed is top 1% in the statistics of a facebook app with thousands of users.  Also I am pretty fast at piano.

I suck at swimming.

I'm okay at swimming. I'm around 3rd fastest on my team for breaststroke, but I'm slowing down now because my body is starting to eat at itself because I don't eat enough. I've thrown up at the last 3 practices. Pretty sure I'm naturally anorexic and bulimic.
Quote:

Lmao!
Quote:
Tilpo is having fun with that cat

Haha. This.
Quote:
Yeah, we post funny meme's and material here often too. This is really just a discussion lounge for us.  WE move really fast though....

I haven't either so don't feel bad! Maybe I'll load it onto my phone :)

This. Although we've been in a rut lately.
Quote:
We don't really mind. Why? Do you have something against Muppet? lol

Hmmmmmm wow..... This place is jumping!

I'll download and watch Accel World now.

About The Legend of Korra though. Episode 9
Don't you guys just hate there having a love relationship hate!!! Jeez soo much nickelodean teenage angst!

5 members and 21 guests last time I checked.

Was there a new korra today? Didn't check.

Edit: watching now and downloading F/Z.
Quote:

Just 17 confused people looking for anime and finding pandas talking about audio!

Lol. The pandas and audio talk is a bonus. 
tongue.gif

Quote:
Exactly. Their romance crap is sooo fricking Generic!! I know it's Nickelodean but there are sooo many good elements in it!! That sometimes it feels just like a normal anime..but it's not. The ending of ep 9 made me want to gag...on the inside.

This. Very crappy romance, but you can't expect everybody to get everything right.

Not looking forward to it anymore.
Quote:
This was on animetake's page!

LOL!!

Lol! I was looking at this yesterday when I went to go download. It made my day.

Jun 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #13,623 of 177,745
Quote:

He edited his post, the first song was called "Sucks" and ironically had much better sound quality LOL!

@Tilpo I like that music but Skinny Puppy is slightly better imho =)

I don't see the edit. I don't think he did anything to it :/

Both Code Geass series are downloading at a total of 1.7MB/s!!! Heck yeah!

Season 1 will be done in 3 hours...and I can enjoy it!!

I need to raise my ratio on baka bt....so...time to ...unleash!!! my upload rate!....and despite that I'm only uploading at 10kB/s....fine..nobody wants my files then.

Jun 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #13,624 of 177,745
So you took a measurement and it was 0V, turn it off and on again now its 0.5V?

It is likely to be the case because the input stage is now completely isolated from the rest of the circuit.

Check the rail voltages at the input stage (using R10 and R12's pad)

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #13,626 of 177,745
Quote:
I'm back! Tadaima!
Haha. I give credit to them every once in awhile. They did have consumers remember that asthetics matter in a computer too, and like Beats Audio, make some people willing to spend more money for computers. The one thing I hate about them is trying to make everything simple. I like things simple, but they make it too simple sometimes. Eventually, their products will become so simple people will be idiots. It was out of my kindness and the amazing screen that I posted that. Other than that, there isn't much to say. I wish the computer was ice cold though. That would be nice for a change.
LOL. I can't believe you'd think that.
Damn. Well, most of the people in my school just hate anime, although my sister is getting a crap load of her friends to convert.
Bowei, you know nothing about SSDs, which is why you read Sean's guide over at OCN. He's the SSD guru there.

I said that they were actually running fine today. Pretty sure they did a clean install of OS X because they usually run hot because they run a crap load of programs that the consumers install.
Haha. Funny because I looked.
Well, now I feel offended because I'm like this even though I just graduated middle school (8th grade).
I never have that many torrents, probably because I get rid of them when I'm done because I'm short oh HDD space, even though it doesn't take up much.
Haha.
Not all of us here are fast typists, but I have a current record of 134 words per minute. Held it for a good 20 seconds and accidentally messed up.
My point proven.
Yup. Most of our replies aren't tl;dr replies.
I'm okay at swimming. I'm around 3rd fastest on my team for breaststroke, but I'm slowing down now because my body is starting to eat at itself because I don't eat enough. I've thrown up at the last 3 practices. Pretty sure I'm naturally anorexic and bulimic.
Lmao!
Haha. This.
This. Although we've been in a rut lately.
5 members and 21 guests last time I checked.

Was there a new korra today? Didn't check.

Edit: watching now and downloading F/Z.
Lol. The pandas and audio talk is a bonus. 
tongue.gif

This. Very crappy romance, but you can't expect everybody to get everything right.

Not looking forward to it anymore.
Lol! I was looking at this yesterday when I went to go download. It made my day.

I do know benchmarks and popularity and choice of SSD's... I read the SSD guide  yeah. But that guide didn't tell you what SSD's are best. Onlly to make the system as good as possible for an SSD. I did about 10 hours of research on benchmarks before buying. So yeah, I do know about SSD's. And actually bought one and ran benchs and utilized it!..like a baws.

I don't download many torrents at once because I extended a HDD and made a seperate parition. I set it to 60GB's fixed so that my download folder won't exceed that amount.  IT works very well.

I don't like the guys at Apple Best Buy. I've been to about 3 stores with them. And granted. They don't know as much about Macintosh as you might think they do. They know just what a consumer would ask.

Their computers ran hot..like any windows laptop... Apple prefers to have the fans as slow as fricking possible to give the user a better experience. F that. I run mine on max.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #13,627 of 177,745
He edited his post, the first song was called "Sucks" and ironically had much better sound quality LOL!

@Tilpo I like that music but Skinny Puppy is slightly better imho =)

I thought "Light" was a better song, which is why I edited the post. Didn't bother checking out SQ first.
[rule]
I really love KMFDM. One of my favorite artists.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #13,628 of 177,745
Quote:
What does "UTW" mean? Urban Dictionary failed.
I'm downloading the 1080p version right now.

I don't know really. they are just a fansub group.

1080p of what?> Accel World?

UTW stands for Unlimited Transaltion Works. It's a funny parody of Fate Stay Night's arcs.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #13,629 of 177,745
Lol, hilarious acronym.  I think a lot of chess players are NEET's.  When you take something seriously, like poker, sports, music, videogames, whatever, a lot of people quit normal society stuff ...

Only saw this post just now.

As far as I know, this is absolutely not true for the chess players in the Netherlands at least, and I imagine the same is true in the US for example.
It's just a prejudiced view people have of a stereotypical chess player, but I know that most chess players are actually very social.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #13,630 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:
Gate of Q1 relative to ground pad at PSU is 0.5V. It was 0V on first measurement, but rose in subsequent turning amp on and off.
Gate of Q2 is 0V.

Please don't tell me the JFET's blew. Anything but that.

I have no idea what you're talking about here.

check the voltage between CR1's Anode and the ground.
then check the voltage between CR2's Cathode and the ground.

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #13,631 of 177,745
I don't know really. they are just a fansub group.

1080p of what?> Accel World?

UTW stands for Unlimited Transaltion Works. It's a funny parody of Fate Stay Night's arcs.

Ah, I thought you were talking about Korra. I know UTW is a fansub group, but you were talking about Korra the sentence before, so I thought it was an acronym for something.

(which should also answer your question)

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #13,633 of 177,745
Quote:
It may be idiotic of me to say this. But this thread has so many posts that we are all Supremuses in here...lol.

@Rikkun
Sorry for the confusion! Accel World time!! CRITICAL HIT!

manveru isn't HS yet.
(will be very soon lol)

Jun 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #13,634 of 177,745
I have no idea what you're talking about here.

check the voltage between CR1's Anode and the ground.
then check the voltage between CR2's Cathode and the ground.

I connected the gate pin of Q1 to one probe, and I connected the other probe to the ground pad on the power supply.

In this configuration I got a nice and stable 0mv first. Then it started to change a bit to some 100mV, so I turned the amp off. Then a few seconds later I turned it on again and it measured a very quickly changing value centered at ~200mV.
Then I measured the gate pin of Q2 and got 0mV. Happy with that I remeasured Q1 and got a stable 0.5V reading.

This may sound really stupid, but which side is anode and cathode again? There is a little circle next to the components on the PCB. Does this indicate cathode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back